MOTM 08

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
creeky wrote:Dont worry about getting flamed by some - people seem to like to do that to newbies.
I usually give newbies the benefit of the doubt. Except when they're rude.....
exactly.
augustagaparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by augustagaparrothead »

You know, it is about the charities. I guess what most of you I feel don't understand in this post is simply a little thanks would be nice once in a while. I guess you think it's rude to suggest JB to show and say thank you. If you can't appreciate that then I hate it for you. I usually give you older parrot heads the benefit of a doubt till some body speaks out about what on their minds and you whine about it. MOTMs is a time for fellow ship and fun and it's not about JB being there or not. I know it's two different orgs. I also am well aware that he can't be there every year. Yet once every couple of years would be nice. If that staement hurts somebodies feelings. Then I suggest you get over it. Newbie or not newbie that is the question. Rude has nothing to do with it. The bands that are there are awesome and I always have a great time reguardless if JB is there or not. I beleave some of you are missing the boat here. Gosh somebody speaks their mind about something and then you go off like your on a soapbox or something. Well I'll step off my soapbox now and let you write more negitive things than possitive. Have at it! :D
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Grammar. Spelling. Ouch.....

Rude has everything to do with it.

Whining? Hmmm....
However it would be nice if he showed up at meeting of the minds once in a while. It's been three years since he has showed his face. We do all this charity work in reference to what he stands for. So you would think he would show some consideration for his fans with out us having to spend $126.00 for a couple hours of his time.
Yeah, I thought I heard whining.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Beautiful Swimmers
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything

Post by silverbetty »

Alright, so this guy I met in Key West during MOTM 2007... his wasn't Jimmy Buffett? [smilie=blush.gif] Maybe Creeky can shed some light.

Alright, so MOTM 2007 was my first, but definitely won't be my last. Granted, I thought I would have a chance to meet Jimmy Buffett while in Key West. I mean that would have made my trip perfect, right? Like Larry said that doesn't make or break the trip. I had a blast while making new friends and hanging out with some old ones. I can't wait to do it again this year!

Oh yeah, not sure if I took this thread further off track or brought it back. Either way, fins up!
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
creeky
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

silverbetty wrote:Alright, so this guy I met in Key West during MOTM 2007... his wasn't Jimmy Buffett? [smilie=blush.gif] Maybe Creeky can shed some light.

Alright, so MOTM 2007 was my first, but definitely won't be my last. Granted, I thought I would have a chance to meet Jimmy Buffett while in Key West. I mean that would have made my trip perfect, right? Like Larry said that doesn't make or break the trip. I had a blast while making new friends and hanging out with some old ones. I can't wait to do it again this year!

Oh yeah, not sure if I took this thread further off track or brought it back. Either way, fins up!

:lol: That sure is Jimmy!!!!! I 100% guarantee it ... but it is not jimmy buffett .... another jimmy - GREAT GUY!!!

Was great to meet you in KW!!!! Great pic!
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

augustagaparrothead wrote:You know, it is about the charities. I guess what most of you I feel don't understand in this post is simply a little thanks would be nice once in a while. I guess you think it's rude to suggest JB to show and say thank you. If you can't appreciate that then I hate it for you. I usually give you older parrot heads the benefit of a doubt till some body speaks out about what on their minds and you whine about it. MOTMs is a time for fellow ship and fun and it's not about JB being there or not. I know it's two different orgs. I also am well aware that he can't be there every year. Yet once every couple of years would be nice. If that staement hurts somebodies feelings. Then I suggest you get over it. Newbie or not newbie that is the question. Rude has nothing to do with it. The bands that are there are awesome and I always have a great time reguardless if JB is there or not. I beleave some of you are missing the boat here. Gosh somebody speaks their mind about something and then you go off like your on a soapbox or something. Well I'll step off my soapbox now and let you write more negitive things than possitive. Have at it! :D

:o :o :o :o I am NOT OLD!!!!! :evil: :o
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Beautiful Swimmers
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything

Post by silverbetty »

creeky wrote: :lol: That sure is Jimmy!!!!! I 100% guarantee it ... but it is not jimmy buffett .... another jimmy - GREAT GUY!!!

Was great to meet you in KW!!!! Great pic!
Yep, I spoke to him a bit by the pool at the Casa on Saturday. That's where you snapped the picture of us two for me. It was great meeting you too.
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
augustagaparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Schoolgirlheart just doesn't get it does she. I make a simple statement and she lashes out like she is the protector. Grow up or are you still in kindergarden. I assure you my life does not revolve around JB like it seems yours does. I stand by what I wrote. He should show up I beleave he owes it to us reguardless if you think so or not. I'm quite sure there are alot of parrot heads out there that feel the same way like or not. More than less I am quite sure. I just happen to write something about it. Then you went and lost your mind, and called me rude for speaking my mine. I look forward to haveing a ball this year Jimmy or no Jimmy. HAVE A NICE DAY! CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE!

PS
I'm just here to get you fired up.
I know you can't help yourself.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
augustagaparrothead wrote:You know, it is about the charities. I guess what most of you I feel don't understand in this post is simply a little thanks would be nice once in a while. I guess you think it's rude to suggest JB to show and say thank you. If you can't appreciate that then I hate it for you. I usually give you older parrot heads the benefit of a doubt till some body speaks out about what on their minds and you whine about it. MOTMs is a time for fellow ship and fun and it's not about JB being there or not. I know it's two different orgs. I also am well aware that he can't be there every year. Yet once every couple of years would be nice. If that staement hurts somebodies feelings. Then I suggest you get over it. Newbie or not newbie that is the question. Rude has nothing to do with it. The bands that are there are awesome and I always have a great time reguardless if JB is there or not. I beleave some of you are missing the boat here. Gosh somebody speaks their mind about something and then you go off like your on a soapbox or something. Well I'll step off my soapbox now and let you write more negitive things than possitive. Have at it! :D

certainly older, from a maturity level, than the OP...
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

augustagaparrothead wrote:Schoolgirlheart just doesn't get it does she.

PS
I'm just here to get you fired up.
I know you can't help yourself.
Yeah, she gets it more than you realize.

And please, you have 4 posts here, all seeming trying to fire people up. :-? Can we try the friendlier route and not?
Thanks. :)
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

augustagaparrothead wrote:Schoolgirlheart just doesn't get it does she. I make a simple statement and she lashes out like she is the protector. Grow up or are you still in kindergarden. I assure you my life does not revolve around JB like it seems yours does. I stand by what I wrote. He should show up I beleave he owes it to us reguardless if you think so or not. I'm quite sure there are alot of parrot heads out there that feel the same way like or not. More than less I am quite sure. I just happen to write something about it. Then you went and lost your mind, and called me rude for speaking my mine. I look forward to haveing a ball this year Jimmy or no Jimmy.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Grow up? In your last post you called us old. Make up your mind.... :roll:

Jimmy Buffett owes us exactly one thing: a quality performance when we purchase a ticket to his concert. Nothing more.
augustagaparrothead wrote: I'm just here to get you fired up.
Clearly, since you have 4 posts, all of which are b*tching about Jimmy Buffett or BuffettNews members. Maybe you'd be happier on some other board... :roll:
augustagaparrothead wrote: I know you can't help yourself.
Don't presume for one second that you know a damned thing about me. You would be wrong.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
pirate@43
God's Own Drunk

Post by pirate@43 »

As quoted earlier JB will be there again this year :D
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

pirate@43 wrote:As quoted earlier JB will be there again this year :D
:lol: :lol: :wink:
KK :wench:
augustagaparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

I would like to take a moment to say I am truly sorry for getting you guys upset with me. It was not my intension intil somebody made the comment that I thought this was about getting thanks from the chartities we support, and not one time did I mention that. All I said was that I felt he should take time out for (if not that one ) at least some venue and say thanks for all of your support. JB is not a charity he is a performer and by his own addmission the band makes him sound really good. Although I think he sounds fine on his own. Schoolgirlheart you are right I don't know a thing about you. I'm quite sure your a really nice person until someone goes against something you feel very passionate about. I can truly appreciate that. It is not my intension to seek thanks from any charity I support I do this because I want to, not for the thanks. I think we deserve a show once in while. Thats all I have to say about that. :( :pirate:

PS
Schoolgirlheart I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
Totally my bad. Please except my apology.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:) Very nice, augustagaparrothead. Thank you, and welcome to BN.
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

augustagaparrothead wrote:I would like to take a moment to say I am truly sorry for getting you guys upset with me. It was not my intension intil somebody made the comment that I thought this was about getting thanks from the chartities we support, and not one time did I mention that. All I said was that I felt he should take time out for (if not that one ) at least some venue and say thanks for all of your support. JB is not a charity he is a performer and by his own addmission the band makes him sound really good. Although I think he sounds fine on his own. Schoolgirlheart you are right I don't know a thing about you. I'm quite sure your a really nice person until someone goes against something you feel very passionate about. I can truly appreciate that. It is not my intension to seek thanks from any charity I support I do this because I want to, not for the thanks. I think we deserve a show once in while. Thats all I have to say about that. :( :pirate:

PS
Schoolgirlheart I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
Totally my bad. Please except my apology.
Thank you, APH. Apology accepted. Hope to raise a glass with you in a parking lot or at MOTM, listening to good music and chillin' out.

Welcome to BN!!

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:

I've embraced my oldness. 8)
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
augustagaparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Does anyone know if JB will be going to the carolinas I made the trip a couple of years ago and it was a blast out under the stars. Even though it did rain during the show. It was still a great time. :D [/quote]
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

LIPH wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:

I've embraced my oldness. 8)

Because of the HOTNESS that goes with it?!? :lol:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

augustagaparrothead wrote:Does anyone know if JB will be going to the carolinas I made the trip a couple of years ago and it was a blast out under the stars. Even though it did rain during the show. It was still a great time. :D
[/quote]

I'm sure somebody knows. But they're not saying......
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP