Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

PHnSC wrote:
dnw wrote:
PHnSC wrote:
be at the beach wrote:So what was the big concert announcement in Columbia?
I woke up a few minutes late. I have been listening since than and havent heard anything yet. :-?

Thanks for listening for us. :D
:evil: :evil: It wasnt about Jimmy! It wasnt even a big announcement. It is some band that I have never heard of that Toby Keith found and signed. They are not even playing an arena here, just some bar. :evil:

I hate when radio stations say they have a "huge" announcement just to get you to listen and than its nothing! :evil:

Anyways, I will keep digging to see what I can found out about Jimmy in Carolinas.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for listening for us. Maybe a JB concert will be announced soon. I hope so.

Debbie

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by PHnSC »

dnw wrote:
PHnSC wrote:
dnw wrote:
PHnSC wrote:
be at the beach wrote:So what was the big concert announcement in Columbia?
I woke up a few minutes late. I have been listening since than and havent heard anything yet. :-?

Thanks for listening for us. :D
:evil: :evil: It wasnt about Jimmy! It wasnt even a big announcement. It is some band that I have never heard of that Toby Keith found and signed. They are not even playing an arena here, just some bar. :evil:

I hate when radio stations say they have a "huge" announcement just to get you to listen and than its nothing! :evil:

Anyways, I will keep digging to see what I can found out about Jimmy in Carolinas.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for listening for us. Maybe a JB concert will be announced soon. I hope so.
We should know something soon, its almost the end of Feb, and usually dates start coming out

seminolegrl06
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino I Know
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by seminolegrl06 »

:( thats sad
[/url]

"Strange situations, wild occupations, livin my life like a song"

Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

:evil: Oh well, thanks for listening!!

Hoping for Carolina concert news soon!!!!!!!
Barbara

Image Image

PackPhanGirl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Survive
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: anything with RUM!

Post by PackPhanGirl »

oh man.... :x

phins crossed for a Carolina date anywhere anytime this year!!
Survive... stay alive
Till I see you again

palmettopirate
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

"Melvin's in Charleston, SC is some of the best I've ever had.....the sauce s are homemade and can be purchased for take out...."

I was over in Mt. Pleasant last week and stopped by Melvin's. Their Little Joe baskets are enough for me and the sauce out of the kitchen is fine but when I get to the table I load it down with the hickory sauce. Great place. Good food and endless beach/shag music. And the best cheeseburger in America.

http://www.melvinsbbqstore.com/index.as ... &ProdID=43
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

Tarheel Tail-Gator
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40, Migration, Cowboy in the Jungle,,,,,,
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Zaya, with Lime and 1 ice cube

Post by Tarheel Tail-Gator »

palmettopirate wrote:"Melvin's in Charleston, SC is some of the best I've ever had.....the sauce s are homemade and can be purchased for take out...."

I was over in Mt. Pleasant last week and stopped by Melvin's. Their Little Joe baskets are enough for me and the sauce out of the kitchen is fine but when I get to the table I load it down with the hickory sauce. Great place. Good food and endless beach/shag music. And the best cheeseburger in America.

That's the place with the great Onion Rings, isn't it?

palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

"palmettopirate wrote:
"Melvin's in Charleston, SC is some of the best I've ever had.....the sauce s are homemade and can be purchased for take out...."

That's the place with the great Onion Rings, isn't it?"

Yep. And I've tried to make'em countless times. I just can't get them to come out right. The secret's in the batter of course and I can't figure out how to get it thick enough to stay on the raw onion ring. The place is a little pricey but that's okay. The sandwiches are so big that my wife and I usually split one basket and order an extra ring. Sometimes I just get a kid's meal.

Okay here's a good lunch. Order Melvin's to go. Head over to Breach Inlet between Isle of Palms and Sullivans's Island. The ocean is in plain view. Park the car, turn on some Buffett, break out the food, and watch the ocean, the inlet, the porpoises, and the shore birds while you indulge.

DCMBSC

Post by DCMBSC »

Hey All! Anyone heard anything about Myrtle Beach?Last time he came it was invite only.
Coastal Carolina Student

I Live on the " Coast of Carolina!"

Murrells Inlet!

Ducks Unlimited!

palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

"Hey everyone! Has anyone heard about Myrtle Beach, this may? Last time he came it was a private show.

I Live on the " Coast of Carolina!"

Murrells Inlet!"

It wasn't totally private. You just had to be lucky. My cousin lives on 30th Ave off Ocean Blvd and she ran over there early and got to see it. Don't know how. A radio station gave away tickets too. But we all want to know the same thing, or at least those close enough to run up there on short notice.

Heck, why don't you run up to Margaritaville and put a full-nelson on the manager to see if he squeals? And if he doesn't, throw him in that giant blender they got.

BTW, The Dead Dog is one of our favorite places when we're up there.

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

palmettopirate wrote:"Melvin's in Charleston, SC is some of the best I've ever had.....the sauce s are homemade and can be purchased for take out...."

We absolutely go to Melvin's when we visit our daughter in Charleston. We go to the one on James Island. My daughter has sent her dad bottles of the sauce for Father's Day. The onion rings leave me wanting a cigarette.... 8)
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

miphinz
Gypsies in the palace

Post by miphinz »

DCMBSC wrote:Hey All! Anyone heard anything about Myrtle Beach?Last time he came it was invite only.
Good to see a fellow Murrells Inlet local on the board. When he played margaritaville in may of 2006 it was by invitation or you could get tickets if you were lucky enough to win them on the radio and you got to see the show. The sad thing about it was they gave out so may tickets to local "socialites" and half of them never even showed up. I was lucky enough to be inside for the entire concert (long story) but the place was only half full. I'm sure if he plays here again in May it will be the same way as there were only supposed to be 300 people allowed in for the 2006 show. I have a few good solid connections at some of the radio stations here and they all know I'm a huge fan so as soon as they hear I'm sure I will too and hopefully my luck will be as good as it was last time.
I know I dont get there often enough but god knows I surely try

palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

"palmettopirate wrote:

We absolutely go to Melvin's when we visit our daughter in Charleston. We go to the one on James Island. My daughter has sent her dad bottles of the sauce for Father's Day. The onion rings leave me wanting a cigarette....
_________________"

Definitely a popular place. If you ever want North Carolina style there's a place down here called Momma Brown's BBQ. They offer the vinegar based sauce. It has crushed red peppers, black pepper, and tabasco sauce in it. It really is good for a change every now and then. It's right before you get to the causeway to Sullivan's Island. Melvin's is still the local winner though.

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by PHnSC »

Well the Carolinas are the only ones left on the rumor list, and we got May and June wide open. Come on Jimmy, come back to the Carolinas

bcball44
Southeast of disorder

Post by bcball44 »

This might not mean anything at all...But as of Tuesday of this week, the high ranking Food and Beverage staff at the RBC Center hadn't heard a word about Buffett coming...Usually they are the first guys to know about stuff like that, since they have to make sure the RBC center will be ready and staffed...I'll post if they hear anything soon...I would think that if a show was coming in 2 months though they would know about it...

Hope I'm wrong :( :( :(

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

so could he be playing walnut creek :D
There's this one particular harbor.....

be at the beach
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: mango daquiri

Post by be at the beach »

Walnut Creek would be great - or Carter Finley even better. Mostly I am hoping for Verizon in Charlotte. But I will take anything in the Carolinas or even Atlanta. Can't go to Nissan (if it ends up fourth of July week like usual) this year since we will be at the beach.

cocotel
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by cocotel »

sunseeker wrote:so could he be playing walnut creek :D

As nice as that would be Shannon it probably won't be happening ever again. Ever since that shake up they had some years back.
Their or Carter Finley..........now that is a great outdoor Buffett show!!

RoanokeHoo
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by RoanokeHoo »

Bruce Springsteen is in Greensboro on April 28 and in Charlotte the night before (I think). If JB is in Raleigh on the 29th, I'll have to pass because I'm going to see the Boss in Charlottesville on 30th too. No way I can squeeze in Raleigh right in the middle of these shows. Hope Jimmy will make it to Charlotte in May!!! I need another job to pay for my concert habit. :-?
Susan

Bac2theislandNC
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: anything with Rum.

Post by Bac2theislandNC »

cocotel wrote:
sunseeker wrote:so could he be playing walnut creek :D

As nice as that would be Shannon it probably won't be happening ever again. Ever since that shake up they had some years back.
Their or Carter Finley..........now that is a great outdoor Buffett show!!
Ah Carter FInely was one of the best shows and probably the best luck I have ever had with tickets. That would be fun...and good parking/tailgating too.
Some people never find it, some only pretend, but me, i just want to live happily ever after every now and then.

Charleston 5-11