The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Re: What is your MUST SEE venue?

Post by pbans »

Tiki Torches wrote:Red Rocks in Colorado or a dive bar somewhere in tropics. That's just the two extremes, I'm sure I could expand on it.

::DITTO::
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

conched wrote:Jones Beach is my favorite setting/venue that I have seen so far and then Paris.

Waikiki Shell is on my list and a show in Seattle would be nice, as would London.

It is always fun to see Jimmy in New Orleans too.
In the last year I have seen him twice in New Orleans ;) Very fun :D
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

dnw wrote:Seeing JB on the beach at Gulf Shores was pretty cool.
That was the best so far but how about an intimate show on the beach at the Margaritaville Hotel in Pensacola or at the Whale's Tail in Miramar Beach?
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

catsway wrote:
That was the best so far but how about an intimate show on the beach at the Margaritaville Hotel in Pensacola or at the Whale's Tail in Miramar Beach?
oohhhh Pensacola would be NICE!! How convenient to stay at the hotel and just walk out on the beach for a show with a small crowd. :D I'll bet the Lulu's show last summer was very special too.

I think one of the reasons the Gulf Shores show was so special was the convenience of being able to get the VIP passes. That was such a comfort for us older folks. That...and the setting, the cause or should that be purpose?, the size, the organization, and it was FREE. :) what a great deal it was.

WHAT a day. What a setlist!! What a guy.
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:Humphries By The Bay in San Diego. Perfect intimate setting for Jimmy. Where else can you be on a boat and still see the stage.
http://www.sdentertainer.com/features/h ... 09-lineup/
I believe for the Anguilla shows there were lots of spectators enjoying the concerts from the comfort of their own vessels but I'm sure there's similar venues.
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

I haven't been to a show in almost 8 years, but I can tell you that when I do eventually get to one it will be at Lakewood (or whatever the place is called now) in Georgia. There is a reason that Georgia concerts were included on Feeding Frenzy and You Had To Be There. I think that it is home to one of the oldest and largest Parrothead clubs in the country too.

I've been to other shows on the East Coast, and I will tell you this: From what I saw, every tailgate (especially Great Woods) was filled with partyheads not parrotheads. Imagine a concert with the Great Woods tailgate but where every person knew more than SYKBH and where you get evil looks if you are playing anything other than Buffett on your car's speakers.

My favorite quote from someone at a show I went to at GW when I asked him why he was blasting some some top 40 music for all his friends to hear instead of Buffett was "Why would I play Buffett, I will be hearing it all night at the concert."

As for all of the other "dream" places like St. Barts...., well I don't think that those are the places you are asking about.
"Some people never find it..."
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

jbfins wrote:I've been to other shows on the East Coast, and I will tell you this: From what I saw, every tailgate (especially Great Woods) was filled with partyheads not parrotheads. Imagine a concert with the Great Woods tailgate but where every person knew more than SYKBH and where you get evil looks if you are playing anything other than Buffett on your car's speakers.

My favorite quote from someone at a show I went to at GW when I asked him why he was blasting some some top 40 music for all his friends to hear instead of Buffett was "Why would I play Buffett, I will be hearing it all night at the concert."
I usually don't listen to the artist I'm about to see before the concert. Partially for the reason you mentioned above but also because it makes it difficult for me to remember what they played after the concert.

As for the "dream" places, I sincerely hope those are the types of venues he chooses to play more often as he eases further into his senior years.
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

It doesn't get any better than Bristow!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Wow, PWOC* is a dangerous thing......... :roll: :pirate:

*Posting Without Coffee
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

ScarletB wrote:
dnw wrote:Never been, but a lot of the BNers like Frisco.

Yeah, I know, but it just seems too big and too much. Plus I don't think I could start tailgating one full day before the concert. :oops: But they do raise good money for charity.
Everyone has to do Frisco at least once! :D
Not too big when you have the 8 seater golf mobile.
[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Tiki Torches wrote:
jbfins wrote:I've been to other shows on the East Coast, and I will tell you this: From what I saw, every tailgate (especially Great Woods) was filled with partyheads not parrotheads. Imagine a concert with the Great Woods tailgate but where every person knew more than SYKBH and where you get evil looks if you are playing anything other than Buffett on your car's speakers.

I usually don't listen to the artist I'm about to see before the concert. Partially for the reason you mentioned above but also because it makes it difficult for me to remember what they played after the concert.

As for the "dream" places, I sincerely hope those are the types of venues he chooses to play more often as he eases further into his senior years.
Sometimes I'll follow that theory, but if it's an artist with a MAJOR catalog, I'll pull out some faves that we're most likely NOT gonna hear at the show. Which works well and EASILY I'M AFRAID for a Buffett show.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Volcano5270
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes Boat Drinks We Are People
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by Volcano5270 »

jimmy should do a show in Los Angeles, CA at the STAPLES Center.
STL Parrot
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with Rum

Post by STL Parrot »

My backyard with 10 or 12 of my closest parrothead friends. :lol:
GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Icy cold beer

Post by GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
dnw wrote:Never been, but a lot of the BNers like Frisco.

Yeah, I know, but it just seems too big and too much. Plus I don't think I could start tailgating one full day before the concert. :oops: But they do raise good money for charity.
Everyone has to do Frisco at least once! :D
Not too big when you have the 8 seater golf mobile.
[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

And a RV to take power naps in!!!
Buffett, Beer & Brisket..
Now that's how we play in TEXAS!!!
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

conched wrote:
catsway wrote:
oohhhh Pensacola would be NICE!! How convenient to stay at the hotel and just walk out on the beach for a show with a small crowd. :D I'll bet the Lulu's show last summer was very special too.

I think one of the reasons the Gulf Shores show was so special was the convenience of being able to get the VIP passes. That was such a comfort for us older folks. That...and the setting, the cause or should that be purpose?, the size, the organization, and it was FREE. :) what a great deal it was.

WHAT a day. What a setlist!! What a guy.
I agree!! What a special day and weekend!!

I would love to see Jimmy in London. I agree with Pam that Anguilla and St. Barts would be a great place. I would also like to go to Great Woods, Cincy, Jones Beach, Key West, and Red Rocks!

Loved the Waikiki Shell, and Paris!!
Barbara

Image Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Volcano5270 wrote:jimmy should do a show in Los Angeles, CA at the STAPLES Center.
A basketball arena is a must see venue? Whatever floats your boat. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Karacal wrote:I would love to see Jimmy in London. I agree with Pam that Anguilla and St. Barts would be a great place. I would also like to go to Great Woods, Cincy, Jones Beach, Key West, and Red Rocks!

Loved the Waikiki Shell, and Paris!!
Anguilla - 1 time
Great Woods - 6 times
Cincy - 2 times
Jones Beach - 16 times
Key West - 2 times
Waikiki Shell - 2 times (plus 1 time at Duke's when he walked out on the beach and sang Margaritaville with Henry Kapono)
Paris - 1 time

London, St. Barts and Red Rocks - 0 times
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

ScarletB wrote:
LIPH wrote:I've seen him in so many places already I don't know if there's a venue he plays regularly that I would consider a "must see" that I haven't been to. :lol:

For me I don't see how it will ever get better than St Barts (although I'd be all over an Anguilla repeat) It's some of the reason I haven't gone back there (even though I planned to and cancelled) I don't see how a subsequent visit there would ever be the same.
Pam, the subsequent visit made me thirst for more of St Barth but your right that 1st trip to St Barth was nothing more than amazing.

I would take another Caribbean destination venue also. How about simply a beach somewhere with Jimmy and a guitar.

It was my first look baby that's all it took
phins7209
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by phins7209 »

Put-in-Bay,Ohio .......or a dive bar in the Caribbean.

Best places so far: 1st Paris concert at New Morning and the opening of Margaritaville Las Vegas with the pool filled in with sand to make a big beach in Jan.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

After the posts from last night I just added Stephen Talkhouse to my list. Seems more do-able and I think as time goes on this is the kind of place you're most likely to see him.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Even though I've lived on LI since I was 9 years old, last night was the first time I had ever been to the Talkhouse. If it was closer I'd go back tonight to see Marcia Ball but the round trip is 180 miles.