2012 Tour

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: 2012 Tour

Post by ScarletB »

C-Dawg wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
ScarletB wrote:Well, before the endless speculation starts now that the 2011 tour is over (except for "dot dot dot") :wink: - our club was told to expect to submit ticket needs in March so I'm going to make a leap and assume that means that IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!! :D :D
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I was at the PHC Leadership Meeting where this was discussed. The word didn't come from PHIP, it came from the regional Ticket Rep, who organizes Club tickets for all the Region's clubs. She merely told everyone to be ready, as she would expect if there was a tour, that dates would come out in late Feb/ early March as they usually do and once they are out we normally have about a week to finalize our numbers.....so it was a reminder to work on it in advance and have an idea of how many might want tickets beforehand in case there is a tour.
She also reminded us that clubs are eligible to tickets for the show closest to your Club's region of operations, and one show per tour....so even if he does a couple of shows after the first of the year, it may still be part of this year's tour (as the Australia dates were part of 2010's tour - Tampa was the first of 2011) and none of us would be eligible to get tix for those shows.

Unfortunately the notes they sent out didn't make that clear - it was just a line item. I didn't really expect anyone to take it as gospel anyway, just thought it was fun to think about.
Knowing there was a Tampa date in April would make winter a little easier to get thru :wink:
No kidding, I still have a credit for airfare!
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
hulagirlheart
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Great Filling Station Holdup
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Whatever a cute boy fetches!

Post by hulagirlheart »

Part of life now involves getting to warm climates as much as possible, preferably with a concert and the Sweet Man. Sadly, the Virginia shows were all about reasoning with hurricane season but I'm all for the Virginia Parrotheads starting to come together to keep our skills up for renegade tailgating and being ready for the next explosion? Any takers?
caroltz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by caroltz »

Despite my best efforts, hubby refused to go to Paris this year. (Claims France "is a third world country". Yes, I married a redneck.) :roll:

When do the international concerts get announced? Redneck...oops, I mean darling hubby, said he would be open to going to a tropical location such as Anguilla. This would be our first international show so I'd like to start planning as soon as possible.
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

Easter is early next year, April 8th. The past three Tampa shows have been April 16,24, & 25. So, if he sticks with starting in April it would be on of three Saturdays, the 14th, 21st, or 28th.
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
ScarletB wrote:Well, before the endless speculation starts now that the 2011 tour is over (except for "dot dot dot") :wink: - our club was told to expect to submit ticket needs in March so I'm going to make a leap and assume that means that IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!! :D :D
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I was at the PHC Leadership Meeting where this was discussed. The word didn't come from PHIP, it came from the regional Ticket Rep, who organizes Club tickets for all the Region's clubs. She merely told everyone to be ready, as she would expect if there was a tour, that dates would come out in late Feb/ early March as they usually do and once they are out we normally have about a week to finalize our numbers.....so it was a reminder to work on it in advance and have an idea of how many might want tickets beforehand in case there is a tour.
She also reminded us that clubs are eligible to tickets for the show closest to your Club's region of operations, and one show per tour....so even if he does a couple of shows after the first of the year, it may still be part of this year's tour (as the Australia dates were part of 2010's tour - Tampa was the first of 2011) and none of us would be eligible to get tix for those shows.

Unfortunately the notes they sent out didn't make that clear - it was just a line item. I didn't really expect anyone to take it as gospel anyway, just thought it was fun to think about.
Knowing there was a Tampa date in April would make winter a little easier to get thru :wink:
I'm already brainstorming for Tampa. I want to have something spectacular ready for the tailgate. Luckily, I've got a few days scheduled with a seasoned pro coming up next week and she can help me hash it out.

On to more important matters...

What's on the menu?
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

maid memories wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:

I'm already brainstorming for Tampa. I want to have something spectacular ready for the tailgate. Luckily, I've got a few days scheduled with a seasoned pro coming up next week and she can help me hash it out.

On to more important matters...

What's on the menu?
Z-man and Mobile Tiki Bar already throw the biggest and best tailgate party down there..it's amazing..those who have attended it , i'm sure will agree.....you may want to talk to them
familyof5parrottheads
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: tin cup chalice
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito's n cranberry n soda

Post by familyof5parrottheads »

caroltz wrote:Despite my best efforts, hubby refused to go to Paris this year. (Claims France "is a third world country". Yes, I married a redneck.) :roll:

When do the international concerts get announced? Redneck...oops, I mean darling hubby, said he would be open to going to a tropical location such as Anguilla. This would be our first international show so I'd like to start planning as soon as possible.
Hey caroltz I agree with your redneck darling hubby but
A Road Trip is Still A Road Trip!!!
I would have went.
I also told my lovely wife, the next tropical concert announced in advance that we are going.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

I hate to say it but the tropical locations (Aside from Anguilla) are usually not announced. Tahiti was talked about for years and then all of a sudden he was there one night. St Barts was rumor for a year and those of us who went were just playing the odds and got lucky. I'd love to see him go back to Anguilla since I missed it the first time. But Paris is a more reliable international spot to see him. He clearly loves it there and enjoys going back. It's on my short list of things to do in the future.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

Tommy, I agree it's amazing, which is why I've been to the last three. :)

I just want to build something cool to add to it.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
TommyBahama
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

maid memories wrote:Tommy, I agree it's amazing, which is why I've been to the last three. :)

I just want to build something cool to add to it.
bigger is always better....that would be cool to add onto that.
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

hulagirlheart wrote:Part of life now involves getting to warm climates as much as possible, preferably with a concert and the Sweet Man. Sadly, the Virginia shows were all about reasoning with hurricane season but I'm all for the Virginia Parrotheads starting to come together to keep our skills up for renegade tailgating and being ready for the next explosion? Any takers?
Renegade tailgating..... I love it !! That might be happening a few times next year, if some of the venues continue to stop allowing tailgating. :evil:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
STL Parrot
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with Rum

Post by STL Parrot »

This has to be the earliest a thread for the next tour has started. :lol: I have a feeling that with 2012 being an election year we are going to need Jimmy and CRB's tour more than ever.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

STL Parrot wrote:This has to be the earliest a thread for the next tour has started. :lol: I have a feeling that with 2012 being an election year we are going to need Jimmy and CRB's tour more than ever.
I never expected it to get this much traction - I only posted it because I saw the minutes of our regional PHC meeting and it mentioned 2012 tickets. I wasn't really thinking in terms of next year when I haven't even been to MOTM yet! The first time I'm snowed in I'll think about it!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
creeky
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

Sydney is a sure thing [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

creeky wrote:Sydney is a sure thing [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
:lol:
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
txaggirl91
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Saturday April 14th is my birthday. I think a show on that day would be an excellent decision on Jimmy's part.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
caroltz
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by caroltz »

familyof5parrottheads wrote:Hey caroltz I agree with your redneck darling hubby but
A Road Trip is Still A Road Trip!!!
I would have went.
I also told my lovely wife, the next tropical concert announced in advance that we are going.
creeky wrote:Sydney is a sure thing [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Hey family of 5, think we can convince both of our spouses to go to Sydney???? :D :D :D We can meet at Rockland Bakery and head to the airport together.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

txaggirl91 wrote:Saturday April 14th is my birthday. I think a show on that day would be an excellent decision on Jimmy's part.
Sunday April 15 would be an equally good choice.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
hulagirlheart
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Great Filling Station Holdup
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Whatever a cute boy fetches!

Post by hulagirlheart »

citcat wrote:
hulagirlheart wrote:Part of life now involves getting to warm climates as much as possible, preferably with a concert and the Sweet Man. Sadly, the Virginia shows were all about reasoning with hurricane season but I'm all for the Virginia Parrotheads starting to come together to keep our skills up for renegade tailgating and being ready for the next explosion? Any takers?
Renegade tailgating..... I love it !! That might be happening a few times next year, if some of the venues continue to stop allowing tailgating. :evil:
It's on, then! One of my best skills is generalized renegade!!!! It's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission! Now if I can just retrieve my Sharpie marker......
Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

Hate to say it but this years tour was very uneventful for me and a few of my friends... No West Coast Dates and it just didn't jell overall... Hope next year's tour has more whatever it takes, because this year's didn't have whatever it takes... Sorry, just my take on the what is..... :-?
Looking For That One Particular Harbor