2012 Tour

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

2012 Tour

Post by ScarletB »

Well, before the endless speculation starts now that the 2011 tour is over (except for "dot dot dot") :wink: - our club was told to expect to submit ticket needs in March so I'm going to make a leap and assume that means that IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!! :D :D
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Re: 2012 Tour

Post by aeroparrot »

If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

:D :D :D

Debbie
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

dnw wrote::D :D :D

It occurs to me I should have just said

BUT NOT YET!!!!!!!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

I think he said last night that the Fin Land tour of 2011 was over. It still could be the Fin Land tour of 2012. It has happened before.

Debbie
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

dnw wrote:I think he said last night that the Fin Land tour of 2011 was over. It still could be the Fin Land tour of 2012. It has happened before.

Yup, when he goes to Australia in Feb

(and the Casa in two weeks!) shhhhhhh!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

ScarletB wrote:
dnw wrote:I think he said last night that the Fin Land tour of 2011 was over. It still could be the Fin Land tour of 2012. It has happened before.

Yup, when he goes to Australia in Feb

(and the Casa in two weeks!) shhhhhhh!

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Debbie
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

ScarletB wrote:Well, before the endless speculation starts now that the 2011 tour is over (except for "dot dot dot") :wink: - our club was told to expect to submit ticket needs in March so I'm going to make a leap and assume that means that IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!! :D :D
That is the best thing I have seen all week. Ironically, I was with family yesterday and we were talking about getting together for some other reason than a funeral. And I am thinking "don't plan it around mid June."
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

C'mon guys. Isn't it a little early to be starting all the speculation? I mean, aren't we tired of this by now? Frankly, I don't even think I'm going to bother with concerts next tour. I'm ready to retire.

If you believe that, I also have some ocean front property in Arizona.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

maid memories wrote:C'mon guys. Isn't it a little early to be starting all the speculation? I mean, aren't we tired of this by now? Frankly, I don't even think I'm going to bother with concerts next tour. I'm ready to retire.

If you believe that, I also have some ocean front property in Arizona.

I know you'll get the irony here but I didn't look at the name and just read the post and thought it was from DP. :roll:
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

tigzoe wrote:
ScarletB wrote:Well, before the endless speculation starts now that the 2011 tour is over (except for "dot dot dot") :wink: - our club was told to expect to submit ticket needs in March so I'm going to make a leap and assume that means that IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!! :D :D
That is the best thing I have seen all week. Ironically, I was with family yesterday and we were talking about getting together for some other reason than a funeral. And I am thinking "don't plan it around mid June."

One of the reasons I stopped doing summer community theatre is because the shows and rehearsals start in May and run through Sept depending on the show - there's no way I'm missing a potential road trip OR GW because I'm in a show.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Usually if he does shows in February (like Columbia, SC and the 3 FL shows 2 years ago), it's the end of the previous year's tour. He could be setting up a February, 2012 run.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

LIPH wrote:
Usually if he does shows in February (like Columbia, SC and the 3 FL shows 2 years ago), it's the end of the previous year's tour. He could be setting up a February, 2012 run.

Yah, that's what I'm thinking and Australia was still Big Top - lets hope he stays ON the stage this year!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

And you tease me because I wait about a week to start the next MOTM thread!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I was at the PHC Leadership Meeting where this was discussed. The word didn't come from PHIP, it came from the regional Ticket Rep, who organizes Club tickets for all the Region's clubs. She merely told everyone to be ready, as she would expect if there was a tour, that dates would come out in late Feb/ early March as they usually do and once they are out we normally have about a week to finalize our numbers.....so it was a reminder to work on it in advance and have an idea of how many might want tickets beforehand in case there is a tour.
She also reminded us that clubs are eligible to tickets for the show closest to your Club's region of operations, and one show per tour....so even if he does a couple of shows after the first of the year, it may still be part of this year's tour (as the Australia dates were part of 2010's tour - Tampa was the first of 2011) and none of us would be eligible to get tix for those shows.
ImageImage

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

C-Dawg wrote:
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I was at the PHC Leadership Meeting where this was discussed. The word didn't come from PHIP, it came from the regional Ticket Rep, who organizes Club tickets for all the Region's clubs. She merely told everyone to be ready, as she would expect if there was a tour, that dates would come out in late Feb/ early March as they usually do and once they are out we normally have about a week to finalize our numbers.....so it was a reminder to work on it in advance and have an idea of how many might want tickets beforehand in case there is a tour.
She also reminded us that clubs are eligible to tickets for the show closest to your Club's region of operations, and one show per tour....so even if he does a couple of shows after the first of the year, it may still be part of this year's tour (as the Australia dates were part of 2010's tour - Tampa was the first of 2011) and none of us would be eligible to get tix for those shows.

Unfortunately the notes they sent out didn't make that clear - it was just a line item. I didn't really expect anyone to take it as gospel anyway, just thought it was fun to think about.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Jimmy WILL tour next year. (According to him).

There's a reason he wrote "RETIRING AIN'T THE PLAN" into the revised Off To See the Lizard lyrics.
There's a reason why he always says "NOT YET" during his preformance of O.P.H.
And there's a reason why he said last night, and at almost all of his other shows this year, words to the effect of "See you next year," "See you next time," and, as recently as last night in Las Vegas, "As long as you keep showing up, and as long as I can do it, I'll keep coming back."

So who wants to be in charge of the tailgating at Alpine, Chicago, Tampa, Frisco, and Honolulu?
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Wino you know wrote:Jimmy WILL tour next year. (According to him).

There's a reason he wrote "RETIRING AIN'T THE PLAN" into the revised Off To See the Lizard lyrics.
There's a reason why he always says "NOT YET" during his preformance of O.P.H.
And there's a reason why he said last night, and at almost all of his other shows this year, words to the effect of "See you next year," "See you next time," and, as recently as last night in Las Vegas, "As long as you keep showing up, and as long as I can do it, I'll keep coming back."

So who wants to be in charge of the tailgating at Alpine, Chicago, Tampa, Frisco, and Honolulu?
Maybe he's going to do all west coast dates this year....Garry , hasn't he said the see you next year at every venue and show , and not return. I do believe he will tour next year , i'd like to do Chicago again. Maybe somewhere new , that i've never been to. It all comes down to when he announces the schedule, and what i can plan on without guessing.

I'm wondering if he would do Fenway again...it will be the 100 year anniversary.
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

TommyBahama wrote:Maybe he's going to do all west coast dates this year....Garry , hasn't he said the see you next year at every venue and show , and not return. I do believe he will tour next year , i'd like to do Chicago again. Maybe somewhere new , that i've never been to. It all comes down to when he announces the schedule, and what i can plan on without guessing.

I'm wondering if he would do Fenway again...it will be the 100 year anniversary.
A west coast concert would be nice. (Farther west than Las Vegas, anyway-as much fun as I have there). San Diego would bring back LOTS of memories from my Navy days. San Francisco too.
Chicago, Alpine, & Honolulu are my "no brainer" places I'll go to. Anywhere else I only go if I can.
I would've loved to have gone to one of the North Carolina shows this year, but he didn't announce them until right after I bought my Tampa ticket and very close to the Tampa date. Would've had to use almost an extra week of vacation time.

I try to keep the calander open for places like Frisco and Tampa, but, like with everything, it all comes down to the timing.

FENWAY? Yeah, I'd love to go there.
I'm not sure how welcome I'd be, but given how I've survived the merchant sailor bars of Yokohama, the streets of Surabaja, and the Mekong River, I think I'd be okay at Fenway Park. :lol:
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:

Unfortunately the notes they sent out didn't make that clear - it was just a line item. I didn't really expect anyone to take it as gospel anyway, just thought it was fun to think about.
Knowing there was a Tampa date in April would make winter a little easier to get thru :wink:
ImageImage