The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

fin fan
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Island
Number of Concerts: 12

Re: Buffett Atlanta 2012

Post by fin fan »

[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] SURELY SOMEONE HAS HEARD A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT ATL!!! PLEASE SHARE!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I wanna go back . . .
to the island

ImageImage

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Post by spucketts »

fin fan wrote:[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] SURELY SOMEONE HAS HEARD A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT ATL!!! PLEASE SHARE!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Well, it's a city in the south, capitol of Georgia, once hosted the Olympics, {SMACK!}.....OK who threw that?

Looks like quite a few shows already booked on Saturdays at Lakewood but I guess wishing for a weekend show pales to just wanting a show. Need to know went to advise work that I'm going to have a case of the Buffett flu again, that thing'll lay you up for two-three days and when you get back to work ya have bloodshot eyes, your head's stuck far off at some island paradise, ya have to come up with a BS explaination about those bits on your arm that look like a temp tattoo but aren't-that's an effect of the flu, and no, we aren't taking my car to lunch, that's not a grass skirt in the back seat and no it doesn't say anything about anything to the right on the window. And I'm not constantanly humming Margaritaville....I've had the flu. Here's a note from my Doctor, Dr. Buffett. Just a coincidence.....(I think the lack of a even a good rumor is sending me over the edge.) :pirate:

fin fan
I have found me a home

Post by fin fan »

LOL! I am with you Spucketts!
[smilie=sillyjester.gif]
I wanna go back . . .
to the island

ImageImage

Miss Scarlett
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Miss Scarlett »

Saturday, June 9th at Lakewood ... no onsale date yet.
Indecision may or may not be my problem.

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

Don't tease me like that... :wink:

fin fan
I have found me a home

Post by fin fan »

seriously????? any confirmation???? WOO HOO!!!!! [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]
I wanna go back . . .
to the island

ImageImage

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Miss Scarlett wrote:Saturday, June 9th at Lakewood ... no onsale date yet.

:o :o :o :D

Debbie

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

Well it is an open date, both for JB and Aarons-Lakewood......I'm available too :pirate:
Lets see if this rumor grows some legs!

Miss Scarlett
Southeast of disorder

Post by Miss Scarlett »

Atlanta Parrothead Club confirmed date yesterday ... got the email for club tickets.
Indecision may or may not be my problem.

palmettoparrots
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 62
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by palmettoparrots »

Looks like I'll have a LONG weekend with the Charlotte show on Thursday and then Atlanta on Saturday. WooHoo! Looking forward to it!
"Where Fine Rum Is Revered And Cocktail Creation Is An Art"
- TheRumTrader.com

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

palmettoparrots wrote:Looks like I'll have a LONG weekend with the Charlotte show on Thursday and then Atlanta on Saturday. WooHoo! Looking forward to it!

Me too!!!!

[smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]

Debbie

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / One Particular / Delaney / Pirate
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am already "Lounging!!!"

Fins FIRMLY Up!!!
Someday I will.

Next Tour Stop:
-Nashville 4.27.19 - SOASOAS 19 (32)
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS 19 (33)
-Raleigh 4.18.20 - Slack Tide (34)
-Charlotte 4.25.20 - Slack Tide (35)
-Red Rocks 9.10.20 - Slack Tide (36)

sandybeachs
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingsston Saturday night
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: LandShark

Post by sandybeachs »

It would be a AWSOME week. We have Kenny Chesney on Sunday them follow up with Jimmy on Saturday !!!!!!! Major party week.

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / One Particular / Delaney / Pirate
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

Miss Scarlett wrote:Atlanta Parrothead Club confirmed date yesterday ... got the email for club tickets.
Anyone know when tickets go on sale? April 10??
Someday I will.

Next Tour Stop:
-Nashville 4.27.19 - SOASOAS 19 (32)
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS 19 (33)
-Raleigh 4.18.20 - Slack Tide (34)
-Charlotte 4.25.20 - Slack Tide (35)
-Red Rocks 9.10.20 - Slack Tide (36)

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Don't make me choose just one!
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: frozen margarita

First timer would love some advice

Post by NewToTheForum »

Hi guys and gals!

I'm a first timer to a JB concert, I want to take my sister and a few of her friends to the JB concert in Atlanta for her birthday. She turns 60 year, has always loved Buffett (we grew up in Mobile going to the beach at Gulf Shores and identify with so many of the places he sings about in his songs), and I've decided this is the something special she needs to mark the important event.

Any advice you guys can give me, anything from where to buy tickets, where to sit, what to bring with me, what time to arrive, etc. First of all, I guess it's how to buy tickets and where to try to get seats.

I'm soooooooo excited. I live in Maine, now and was going to bring her up to Great Woods, but was sooo disappointed with the date leaked out as a weekend when I have to work, so I'm overjoyed that Atlanta has been announced for a weekend when I don't have to work and can go down there. (As a wedding photographer I have very few Saturdays "open" in the summer, so am overjoyed that it looks like this one will work out.)

FINS UP and thanks in advance for all your help!!!

YIPPEE.

spucketts

Re: First timer would love some advice

Post by spucketts »

NewToTheForum wrote:Hi guys and gals!

I'm a first timer to a JB concert, I want to take my sister and a few of her friends to the JB concert in Atlanta for her birthday. She turns 60 year, has always loved Buffett (we grew up in Mobile going to the beach at Gulf Shores and identify with so many of the places he sings about in his songs), and I've decided this is the something special she needs to mark the important event.

Any advice you guys can give me, anything from where to buy tickets, where to sit, what to bring with me, what time to arrive, etc. First of all, I guess it's how to buy tickets and where to try to get seats.

I'm soooooooo excited. I live in Maine, now and was going to bring her up to Great Woods, but was sooo disappointed with the date leaked out as a weekend when I have to work, so I'm overjoyed that Atlanta has been announced for a weekend when I don't have to work and can go down there. (As a wedding photographer I have very few Saturdays "open" in the summer, so am overjoyed that it looks like this one will work out.)

FINS UP and thanks in advance for all your help!!!

YIPPEE.
First I'd wait till there is an official announcement. (I'm wondering why a Charlotte PHC sends out a message and it gets posted as an expected date while the Atlanta PHC sends out and nothing gets posted) Not saying it won't happen but its the cart before the horse thingy.

As for tickets, the past few years it hasn't been hard to get ticket in the 100 sections through ticketmaster, granted they weren't Saturday shows which will make a difference. There's only two choices, lawns or reserved, lawns are cheap, $35 + fees as I recall, reserved run $130 + fees if my brain is in gear, just over $300 for a pair. They post rules for Aarons amphitheater on their web site, you can take in a blanket and a sealed water.

Before the city took over the amphitheater you could get down there at 7 in the morning if you wanted. Now the city doesn't officially open the gates till noon. HOWEVER, if enough people get down there and clog the streets they will open earlier, say 11ish.

Good luck and welcome to Atlanta! :pirate:

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by NewToTheForum »

Is it worth paying $100 more a seat for reserved? What's the difference?

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

NewToTheForum wrote:Is it worth paying $100 more a seat for reserved? What's the difference?
I now see the Buffett-something-or-other website has posted this rumor....

There are actually three types of seats, lawn, uncovered reserved and reserved which is covered although there is no price difference between the covered and uncovered seats. The lawn is just that, a steep grass lawn with no seats. You can put a blanket and I think you can rent short chairs but that info would be on the amphitheaters website. No matter where you sit it's June and it's Atlanta so it will be warm, expect showtime temps in the mid 80's. It's also possible that it might rain and the show goes on, rain or shine, and let me tell you it can RAIN here. (No umbrellas are allowed) A few years ago it poured just before the show started and the lawn section turned into a mud bog with people sliding down the hillside. The lawn is also where a lot of the younger people like to go so you can expect almost anything back there so don't bogart that joint.

I prefer reserved, the seats are ok as amphitheater seats go but you do have a seat where the lawn is first come, forst serve. The isles are deep enough to allow for people to move in and out without getting stepped on and ushers keep some assemblance of order. There are two jumbo screens so that you can see whats going on and they come in handy when you're on the top of the lawn, Jimmy looks like an ant from way back there.

The parking lots are great with plenty of tailgating. I prefer the gravel lots and that's where the parrothead clubs will be. Nothing wrong with the asphalt lots, just asphalt in June in Atlanta are a bad mix in my book. People are friendly and will share food and drink and often times some of the best ticket deals are in the parking lot just before the show.

When you get in you'll have to look me up, I'll be wearing a grass skirt and a flowered shirt. LOL :pirate:

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by NewToTheForum »

I definitely want to get a flowered shirt!

Patiently waiting for ticket info. Might ask more questions then.

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

NewToTheForum wrote:I definitely want to get a flowered shirt!

Patiently waiting for ticket info. Might ask more questions then.
Now that I think about it there is a fourth kind of seat, a thin row of VIP seating with tables and I think they get wait service. I don't know how you get these tickets, guess you have to be a VeeEyePee, which I am not. :pirate: