Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Re: Buffett Atlanta 2012

Post by spucketts »

Now almost every site is posting the rumor, guess JB has no choice but to either play the 9th of June or make them all look bad. :pirate:

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Don't make me choose just one!
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: frozen margarita

Post by NewToTheForum »

Only in my own mind. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by NewToTheForum »

He BETTER play June 9th! I've already picked out my flight and announced on Facebook that I need help finding a Hawaiian shirt.

fin fan
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Island
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by fin fan »

OH HAPPY DAY IN THE BIG A-T-L-A-N-T-A !!! [smilie=happy.gif]
I wanna go back . . .
to the island

ImageImage

mbrace29
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by mbrace29 »

My group would be coming in from Ohio with an RV likely a day or two before the show. Are there any good camping spots local to the concert venue? Would we be allowed to stay overnight in the tailgate area after the show or will they move us along? Any general advise for those coming from out of state expecting the tailgate for the big show?

sandybeachs
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingsston Saturday night
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: LandShark

Post by sandybeachs »

There are some campgrounds just north of Atlanta on Lake Allatoona that are pretty nice. One is just off interstate 75.
Unfortunately they will not let you camp out at Lakewood. Plus its not the safest place you would want to stay at after the show.
As for advice for the Parking lot antics, bring plenty of sunscreen and lots of LandSharks to quench you party thirst. Oh and a battery powered Frozen Concoction Maker.......
Oh and make sure you come to the gravel parking lot party spot. Plenty of RV parking.
Hope this helps... FINS UP

mbrace29
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mbrace29 »

There is a specific gravel lot we should look for to tailgate? Are they owned by the venue or privately owned? Where are they located?

sandybeachs
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingsston Saturday night
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: LandShark

Post by sandybeachs »

If my memory don't fail me is is owned by Lakewood. I think they might charge for parking but I will double check with our motor home people.
Directions to get to there .
You will be on 75/85 south you will get off on the Langford Hwy. There will be signs to point you in the right direction. Once on Langford you will go about a mile and you will come to a redlight You will go though the redlight and go a few hundred yards and the entrance to the gravel parking lot will be on your left. They have to entrances in to the parking lots. They will direct you to the right entrance and get you in the right place.

mbrace29
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mbrace29 »

I think Atlanta is going to be the choice this year. What do you think people, is Atlanta worth the 10+ hour trip south? We're coming from the Cincinnati area, so you know any show after that has alot to live up to!

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

Lakewood and the surrounding 140+ acres is owned by the city of Atlanta just to be clear. The gravel lots that surround the lake, and are on what was the old Lakewood raceway, and the paved lots, where the VIP parking is, is run by the city. Off property parking is available but it's a longer walk to the venue. Cost is around 20 for a car, double for a camper, trailers in between. No overnite camping that I know of since the city took over several years ago. There are portajohns in the parking lots but they do get busy, and stinky, by afternoon so people resort to the creek bottom and other creative methods. Bring water, it gets hot here. Bring garbage bags, it gets messy here (this is one of my pet pevees, trash all over the place.) People are friendly and will share their stuff. :pirate:

The closest campground is probably some 30 minutes away to the south although if you're coming in from the north there is camping at Allatoona and Lanier but they're 45 minutes to an hour away with traffic (if traffic is flowing). :pirate:

NewToTheForum
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by NewToTheForum »

mbrace29 wrote:I think Atlanta is going to be the choice this year. What do you think people, is Atlanta worth the 10+ hour trip south? We're coming from the Cincinnati area, so you know any show after that has alot to live up to!
Southern Hospitality. Y'all come on down. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

buffettgirl21
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Do I really have to pick one?!?
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Miami Vice

Post by buffettgirl21 »

If i remember correctly its $40 for cars and $100 for motor homes/RV to park in the massive back lot.

Past 5 years have been great weather for tailgating and have either been pouring rain (2006) or kinda chilly (2008-2011) during the concert.

has anybody got confirmation of June 9th or know when tix are going on sale?

cant wait for this year!!!

FINS UP!!

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

buffettgirl21 wrote:If i remember correctly its $40 for cars and $100 for motor homes/RV to park in the massive back lot.

Past 5 years have been great weather for tailgating and have either been pouring rain (2006) or kinda chilly (2008-2011) during the concert.

has anybody got confirmation of June 9th or know when tix are going on sale?

cant wait for this year!!!

FINS UP!!
$40?? for the gravel lot by the lake where you enter by the old grandstands? 20 or 25 at most is all I've ever paid and RVs are double that if I recall correctly.

I see the new confirmed shows are going on sale on April 14 and there are several of them. They might wait to make the official announcement when ticketmasters servers can handle the request load, maybe the week after. But if it's a June show they can't wait too long. :pirate:

tully mars
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by tully mars »

When are tickets going on sale?

mbrace29
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mbrace29 »

Wow, as every day passes I'm getting more and more skeptical that this June 9th concert date is for real. The Texas concert date (June 2nd) goes on sale April 14th, logic would tell you that if this concert date (Atlanta June 9th) is real the tickets would go on sale on or about the same time. We'll see. I will say this most of the rumored dates have come through, let's hope this isn't the exception.

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

mbrace29 wrote:Wow, as every day passes I'm getting more and more skeptical that this June 9th concert date is for real. The Texas concert date (June 2nd) goes on sale April 14th, logic would tell you that if this concert date (Atlanta June 9th) is real the tickets would go on sale on or about the same time. We'll see. I will say this most of the rumored dates have come through, let's hope this isn't the exception.
It seems like they would go for sale on the same date. I'm also surprised the date hasn't even been announced yet.

mbrace29
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mbrace29 »

I'm trying to stay positive about this but the Atlanta concert date rumor was posted nearly two weeks ago now. Do we have anymore information that leads us to believe this date will come through!! Give me somethin people!

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

mbrace29 wrote:I'm trying to stay positive about this but the Atlanta concert date rumor was posted nearly two weeks ago now. Do we have anymore information that leads us to believe this date will come through!! Give me somethin people!
That date at Lakewood is still open, best I can tell ya. :pirate:

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

spucketts wrote:
mbrace29 wrote:I'm trying to stay positive about this but the Atlanta concert date rumor was posted nearly two weeks ago now. Do we have anymore information that leads us to believe this date will come through!! Give me somethin people!
That date at Lakewood is still open, best I can tell ya. :pirate:
The ATL PHC sent our club a message about that date and buying club tickets for us.
BUT, I can't understand how he announced Jones Beach at the end of August and nothing for ATL. :-?

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Maybe we will hear something this week. :-?

Debbie