The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 10

Re: 2012 - Frisco, Texas - Pizza Hut Park

Post by bsooner75 »

I for one hope that is not true. Smirnoff sucks. Poor sound quality, small parking lot, not tailgate friendly, fair park at night. Might have to leave the RV at home if that is the location.
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Just an FYI for what's it's worth - Miranda Lambert is playing May 12 at Smirnoff [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] Which may mean exactly nothing........ :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

bsooner75 wrote:I for one hope that is not true. Smirnoff sucks. Poor sound quality, small parking lot, not tailgate friendly, fair park at night. Might have to leave the RV at home if that is the location.
Were you at Hoot Island 1???
If not, you missed a great tailgate.
It was one of Bill's finest :D
bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by bsooner75 »

Wasn't up on the website back then. I saw it and it looked like a good time. We were cramped in our tiny area. I remember not enough concessions, bathrooms as well as being unable to hear. Sorry to be a downer. I've just had some really bad experiences at starplex / Smirnoff. For JB I would go but probably not for anyone else.
FriscoFinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: How can I pick just one? One Particular Harbor is up there.
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by FriscoFinz »

parsandcigars wrote:Man!! Was hoping for a Cinco De Mayo celebration like no other!!!!!! JB in Frisco on May 5th? I'll be in Parrothead Rehab for weeks. With the soccer games lining up lie they do, and I doubt that JB would do a Memorial weekend.... May 12th is looking like a very good possiblity.

OH, pleeeaaaseee not May 12!! :o UNT Masters graduation ceremony that weekend...family coming into town, etc...How can I convince our parents to go to JB with us in lieu of graduation! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I gotta fly to St. Somewhere
FriscoFinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: How can I pick just one? One Particular Harbor is up there.
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by FriscoFinz »

phfromprospertx wrote:A little cross-pollintaion here... From another resource (buffettw.rld):
" We had beer stolen out of our cooler and witnessed 2 different fights between the younger group. Fights at a JB concert???? Who does that??? Up until last year, we always felt the RV lot had such great atmosphere Friday and Saturday nights. I hope it's not a trend! Anybody else feel the same way?"
They took our whole dang cooler! :evil: Which, of course, was stocked with a good amount of beer. First year out of four that we have ever had a problem in Frisco. Very disappointing, and clearly not PHs.
I gotta fly to St. Somewhere
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

bsooner75 wrote:Wasn't up on the website back then. I saw it and it looked like a good time. We were cramped in our tiny area. I remember not enough concessions, bathrooms as well as being unable to hear. Sorry to be a downer. I've just had some really bad experiences at starplex / Smirnoff. For JB I would go but probably not for anyone else.
If he does come back to Smirnoff, I hope you have a better time.
We had a few motorhomes, and our OWN tailgate portapotties [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]
Lots of great memories were made that day with great PHriends. :D
bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by bsooner75 »

springparrot wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Wasn't up on the website back then. I saw it and it looked like a good time. We were cramped in our tiny area. I remember not enough concessions, bathrooms as well as being unable to hear. Sorry to be a downer. I've just had some really bad experiences at starplex / Smirnoff. For JB I would go but probably not for anyone else.
We had a few motorhomes, and our OWN tailgate portapotties [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]

Question: did you guys stay there all night or leave after the show? Just curious as that is not the best of areas. I've stayed all night in Frisco and didn't have any problems. Not sure if I would do that in fair park.
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

bsooner75 wrote:
springparrot wrote:

Question: did you guys stay there all night or leave after the show? Just curious as that is not the best of areas. I've stayed all night in Frisco and didn't have any problems. Not sure if I would do that in fair park.
I did not stay there and don't remember if anyone did.

Someone else that was there needs to help me fill in the holes
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by txaggirl91 »

Molly - I think Phritz stayed in his in the lot that night. I'm not for sure who stayed in the other one.

If he wants to play smaller venues, there is a new venue in Cedar Park, just north of Austin. There is also the Frank Erwin Center there at campus.

San Antonio also has a couple of places he could play. With him playing some different towns than he normally in March, I could see him picking San Antonio.

He COULD some to a sleepy little college town and play Reed Arena. :wench:
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by bsooner75 »

Anybody know how small the "smaller" venues he has been playing actually are? Frisco also has the option of Dr Pepper Ballpark. I know Jerry Jeff has played there.

Cedar Park wouldnt be bad. JB does have some history in Austin. Plus that would open up the oppurtinity for a BBQ detour, MMMMMMMMMM Salt Lick, Lockhart now I'm hungry. :D
twpjrintx

Post by twpjrintx »

Our local DJ's here on Lonestat 92.5 in Dallas are giving away tickets all this week (win them before you can buy them) - just heard them announce it will be Thursday April 19th at the GEXA Energy Complex (Smirnoff/Fair Park) and not at Pizza Hut Park. Tickets are supposed to be on sale on Saturday Feb 18th ....Just reporting what Bo & Jim are announcing.
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by txaggirl91 »

The 19th is good. Makes me wonder where he will be on the 14th, 17th and 21st. I don't see him starting a new tour on a Thursday.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: That's what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Mostly water these days

Post by sunseeker »

txaggirl91 wrote:Molly - I think Phritz stayed in his in the lot that night. I'm not for sure who stayed in the other one.

If he wants to play smaller venues, there is a new venue in Cedar Park, just north of Austin. There is also the Frank Erwin Center there at campus.

San Antonio also has a couple of places he could play. With him playing some different towns than he normally in March, I could see him picking San Antonio.

He COULD some to a sleepy little college town and play Reed Arena. :wench:

Yep- I'm pretty sure Phritz stayed in the lot?
There's this one particular harbor.....
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

txaggirl91 wrote:The 19th is good. Makes me wonder where he will be on the 14th, 17th and 21st. I don't see him starting a new tour on a Thursday.
a weekend in Austin would be nice....When is the TX Bash?
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

twpjrintx wrote:Our local DJ's here on Lonestat 92.5 in Dallas are giving away tickets all this week (win them before you can buy them) - just heard them announce it will be Thursday April 19th at the GEXA Energy Complex (Smirnoff/Fair Park) and not at Pizza Hut Park. Tickets are supposed to be on sale on Saturday Feb 18th ....Just reporting what Bo & Jim are announcing.

This is now listed on Margaritaville!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by bsooner75 »

so its time to start channeling my positive energy into having a good time.

THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel better. At least we have a date. :lol:
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Yes it is!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks to Dan for posting on FB.

Great way to start the day. :)
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

txaggirl91 wrote:Smirnoff = Hoot Island 2
:)
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

conched wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:Smirnoff = Hoot Island 2
:)
OK, need to make my hotel and flight reservations. Close hotels??