The "Certain Ethnic ParrotHead"
El Pablo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Drunkin 15 Year Old Girlfriend
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: La Cerveza del Pacifico

Re: San Deigo 3/10/12

Post by El Pablo »

For those of us old enough to remember the Open Air Theatre daze, tailgating might be a bit of a challenge on the Mesa now. SDSU PD loves to write tickets for open containers before events plus all the on-campus construction. This could be the West Coast's version of Jiffy Lube, or is that Shoreline? :wink: I guess we'll find out. Maybe Pres Bob & the SDPHC can work something out with SDSU officials. So glad we get a Saturday after about 10 years of Tues, Thursdays and no shows.
Travelin'man
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Zombie

Post by Travelin'man »

El Pablo wrote:For those of us old enough to remember the Open Air Theatre daze, tailgating might be a bit of a challenge on the Mesa now. SDSU PD loves to write tickets for open containers before events plus all the on-campus construction. This could be the West Coast's version of Jiffy Lube, or is that Shoreline? :wink: I guess we'll find out. Maybe Pres Bob & the SDPHC can work something out with SDSU officials. So glad we get a Saturday after about 10 years of Tues, Thursdays and no shows.
This is why I am likely going to skip this show. I looked on the Veijas website and it noted specifically for Jimmy's show *No Tailgating Allowed*. I will hope like mad that he decides to make a return trip to California at the end of the year and do Chula Vista or Irvine...unlikely but who knows!
"I ran into a chum with a bottle of rum, and we wound up drinkin' all night"
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

WOOOO HOOOOO, Jimmy has not played in SD since 08
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
TheSecretsInTheCrust

Travelin'man wrote:
El Pablo wrote:For those of us old enough to remember the Open Air Theatre daze, tailgating might be a bit of a challenge on the Mesa now. SDSU PD loves to write tickets for open containers before events plus all the on-campus construction. This could be the West Coast's version of Jiffy Lube, or is that Shoreline? :wink: I guess we'll find out. Maybe Pres Bob & the SDPHC can work something out with SDSU officials. So glad we get a Saturday after about 10 years of Tues, Thursdays and no shows.
This is why I am likely going to skip this show. I looked on the Veijas website and it noted specifically for Jimmy's show *No Tailgating Allowed*. I will hope like mad that he decides to make a return trip to California at the end of the year and do Chula Vista or Irvine...unlikely but who knows!
Possibly tailgating at Qualcomm and trolley'n up to SDSU
Travelin'man
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Zombie

Post by Travelin'man »

TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:
Travelin'man wrote:
Sounds good! How you doing, Glenn? LTNS!
"I ran into a chum with a bottle of rum, and we wound up drinkin' all night"
TheSecretsInTheCrust

Travelin'man wrote:
TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:
Travelin'man wrote:
Sounds good! How you doing, Glenn? LTNS!
T-man, I am doing great. Couldn't be better. Hope all is well with you and yours
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

Wait, is this an extension of last year's tour or the start of this year's tour....... [smilie=huh-ani.gif]

You're right, it doesn't matter!!!!! So glad our West Coast brethren are getting some shows! [smilie=coolup.gif] :pirate:
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
RumFan
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by RumFan »

Time to move this one to the 'Who's Going to.." forum?

(jealous!)
When life hands you limes..make Margaritas!!