Pine Knob 2012

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Pine Knob 2012

Post by Dr.Corona »

Let's hope the newest owner of Palace S&E can get Jimmy & the CRB to sign on the dotted line again this year. And in this crazy, mixed up Concert Schedule season world.....how about a
S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.............NIGHT to boot!!??
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Pine Knob 2012

Post by msu#1 »

Dr.Corona wrote:Let's hope the newest owner of Palace S&E can get Jimmy & the CRB to sign on the dotted line again this year. And in this crazy, mixed up Concert Schedule season world.....how about a

We deserve it, while other venues that get weekends every year have had a hard time selling out, The D sells out in 2 minutes every year.................for Tuesday night shows.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

My thoughts exactly. But, ill just take a concert observing these dates so far!
Got a carribean soul I can barely control
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

week day is ok with me. just so we get a date!
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

msu#1 wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:Let's hope the newest owner of Palace S&E can get Jimmy & the CRB to sign on the dotted line again this year. And in this crazy, mixed up Concert Schedule season world.....how about a

We deserve it, while other venues that get weekends every year have had a hard time selling out, The D sells out in 2 minutes every year.................for Tuesday night shows.
get over yourself.. by your logic.. San Francisco Deserves a Labor Day weekend show EVERY year.. and someplace else should get a a Saturday night show before ANY one gets a Saturday night show.. someplace...like... Livingston Montana??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
just when I thought it was safe to return....
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

ragtopW wrote:
msu#1 wrote:

get over yourself.. by your logic.. San Francisco Deserves a Labor Day weekend show EVERY year.. and someplace else should get a a Saturday night show before ANY one gets a Saturday night show.. someplace...like... Livingston Montana??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Trolllllling...............................at its best! :lol:
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat

Post by FinnsU.P. »

ragtopW wrote:
msu#1 wrote:

msu needs to get over THEIRSELF???????? :roll:
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Michigan hasn't had a Saturday show since 1997. I'm ready if Jimmy is. 8)
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)

Post by nutmeg »

chippewa wrote:Michigan hasn't had a Saturday show since 1997. I'm ready if Jimmy is. 8)
Weekday, Saturday, Holiday, any day......Just give us a date!!!!
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

nutmeg wrote:
chippewa wrote:Michigan hasn't had a Saturday show since 1997. I'm ready if Jimmy is. 8)
It sure seems like we're waiting long, with all the other shows being announced. But last year I didn't buy Pine Knob tickets until March 14. The date was announced about a week before that.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Interesting to know that "The Knob" actually has had a Saturday night during the 1-night stand era. My first show was in '01, & I believe my first stab for tix was either 1999 or 2000, so while I was aware JB was a summertime staple I wasn't onboard back in the Glory days!

Wonder if JB's promotor asks for a "weekend surcharge" from venues???

Anyone....Bueller....Bueller....Bueller.........
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

chippewa wrote:
nutmeg wrote:
It sure seems like we're waiting long, with all the other shows being announced. But last year I didn't buy Pine Knob tickets until March 14. The date was announced about a week before that.
Seems Palace S&E doesn't like to clash their ticket onsales. My guess is that with the Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper onsale being March 3 they're holding off the JB tix so as to not to discourage the "Eddie" fans from ponying up their $$$ Image
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Dr.Corona wrote:
Interesting to know that "The Knob" actually has had a Saturday night during the 1-night stand era. My first show was in '01, & I believe my first stab for tix was either 1999 or 2000, so while I was aware JB was a summertime staple I wasn't onboard back in the Glory days!

Wonder if JB's promotor asks for a "weekend surcharge" from venues???

Anyone....Bueller....Bueller....Bueller.........

DR.C its well known in the music industry that the Detroit market is one of the strongest markets anywhere and lots of major artists will never book a weekend show for a bigtime tour in Detroit because they know it will sell out for a weeknight show and that they need to save weekends for small-time markets to even have a chance at selling tickets and making a profit.

So basically the D gets screwed for being a great music town and showing its support.

I dont have alot of faith this year because its been 4 years in a row for us and I remember that it was just a few years prior that we were stuck on the every 3 year plan. (oh the whats the beef between Jimmy/and DTE times). Last year was the first show outta the last 4 that Jimmy did not say "see you next summer".

edit: forgot to include that the "original" and laughable reunited BEach Boys tour goes onsale this week so we still have at least 2 weeks before we could even begin to think about a announcement from Pine Knob.
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Post by Wildh2oskier »

Where the hell is pine knob anyway? I believe that our northern friends should get lots of J B concerts since they deserve them for living up there in the frozen tundra.
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Post by Wildh2oskier »

And yes anything north of Huntsville counts as frozen tundra.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

OK here is my Point.. welll Points..
A. to be honest.. this tour schedule kind of scares me.. I think we all should be
happy if we get to see the Jimmy and the Band this year.. because I feel the end is near.
B. OK so you have changed the Whine from "we have been good Parrotheads pay us off with a Saturday night show" to Detroit is Musicaly strong..
WOW My original statement was meant to bring attention to the fact that
two of the places that Jimmy Featured in two of his earliest songs have gone
wanting.. so after a little thought lit's keep my original line of thought AND add your Musically strong statement..
Memphis.. mentioned in a song.. some musical history
Nashville at least one song.. some musical history
New Orleans...at least one song.. some musical history
San Francisco one song.. some musical history
Austin, TX.. at least one song and some musical history (not to mention that Jimmy's old Roommate loves there)
I bet that since the '97 year mentioned that Detroit has had more dates than each of these

now I will go with some less strong citys that are mentioned in songs that
also may not have had as many shows since '97 as Detroit
Dallas
Livingston MT
Miami
San Diego
Denver

So ask yourself... Is Detroit more important than all these places??
Really??
you get a show.. be glad..... while I do hope you get your show. I want you to look at the other side of the street...
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Jimmy also held rehearsals for several tours in Austin
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

ragtopW wrote:OK here is my Point.. welll Points..
A. to be honest.. this tour schedule kind of scares me.. I think we all should be
happy if we get to see the Jimmy and the Band this year.. because I feel the end is near.
B. OK so you have changed the Whine from "we have been good Parrotheads pay us off with a Saturday night show" to Detroit is Musicaly strong..
WOW My original statement was meant to bring attention to the fact that
two of the places that Jimmy Featured in two of his earliest songs have gone
wanting.. so after a little thought lit's keep my original line of thought AND add your Musically strong statement..
Memphis.. mentioned in a song.. some musical history
Nashville at least one song.. some musical history
New Orleans...at least one song.. some musical history
San Francisco one song.. some musical history
Austin, TX.. at least one song and some musical history (not to mention that Jimmy's old Roommate loves there)
I bet that since the '97 year mentioned that Detroit has had more dates than each of these

now I will go with some less strong citys that are mentioned in songs that
also may not have had as many shows since '97 as Detroit
Dallas
Livingston MT
Miami
San Diego
Denver

So ask yourself... Is Detroit more important than all these places??
Really??
you get a show.. be glad..... while I do hope you get your show. I want you to look at the other side of the street...

you just dont get it. Why are you even trolling this thread??? Southern red state anger?? Anyway, dont know who edited my post but good job.

I didnt change my argument at all, you didnt get anything I wrote. I never said anything about Detroit being a musical city thats produced lots of artists so thats why we deserve it, but yes Detroit and the state of Michigan has one of the strongest Musical histories of anywhere. But again thats not what I wrote and you took it there.

I wrote that Detroit as a area that loves music, has supported acts for decades. We sell out as Dr. C points out Eddie Money shows. How many of those cities you mentioned had multiple sell-outs during the recession??? I pointed out that for years multiple artists do not schedule shows here on weekends because they need those for poor music markets. Its a fact, write Bret Micheal's and ask him. He stated that as a fact just a couple of years ago on the radio talking about a poison tour.

It's not about undeserved "whining" like you like to throw around, its about a fact. The fact that its been nothing but sellouts since 1990's during the week everytime under 2 minutes. How many of those cities you think want a show would even sell out the first day....the fact is not many.

Almost all of those cities have had more shows than Detroit, check the facts then change your argument again.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

ph4ever wrote:Jimmy also held rehearsals for several tours in Austin
And when was the last time he played anything other than the fundraiser for Kinky?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:roll: :roll: :roll: Chill out folks. Keep the name calling out of the thread.