Please Jimmy ...... No Louisville show this year !!!

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

indyssignguy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Drinkin my green label

Please Jimmy ...... No Louisville show this year !!!

Post by indyssignguy »

Went to Louisville show last March...... The YUM Center was the worst venue ever to see and hear a show ! EVER !!!
Buffett concerts are always best outside during the summer!
INDY and CINCY are the Best !
"I'd rather die while I'm living. . . than live while I'm dead"
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: Please Jimmy ...... No Louisville show this year !!!

Post by drunkpirate66 »

They are definately near the top 20. Maybe even in the upper teens on a good year.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

cinny is the best :) :D
Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

indyssignguy wrote:Went to Louisville show last March...... The YUM Center was the worst venue ever to see and hear a show ! EVER !!!
Buffett concerts are always best outside during the summer!
INDY and CINCY are the Best !

Want bad sights and horrible sound?? Sit in the lawn at any venue. Be glad he played an obscure town.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.
BananaWind1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Miami Vice

Post by BananaWind1 »

Cincy is a lot of fun but you can't see anything from the lawn because of Riverbend's pavilion.
daveamania
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Treat Her Like a Lady
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by daveamania »

I think it would have been a lot better if they would have had it at Churchill downs around Derby. That way people could have tailgated and it would have been a better experience for everyone.
mufftang66
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane, Time flies when you're having Rum

Post by mufftang66 »

I'm on the fence about a Louisville show... true it is an indoor event, true the tailgate is not the same...

but there was a pretty big tailgate party going on at the 4th Street Live area... not a traditional tailgate as we are all used to, so let's call it a really big pre-party. It did take a little bit to get ramped up, partially because the weather was a bit chilly and also because I don't think everyone had a clear plan of what to do and where to be because it was the first concert of the sort in Louisville... but there were plenty of hardcore diehards out early and it shaped up to be pretty decent. And the 4th Street live area is covered so at least if there is rain the pre party can still go on. It was early spring so it was still a little cold and it was windy which is not good for hat wearing folks like myself. LOL

is it the same experience as a Cincy tailgate? not really... is it bad? no not really... I still contend that any Buffett tailgate or pre party is made on the people you meet and the people there. I had a blast at the pre party, it was still laid back, plenty of drinks, no long lines, lots of bars, live music by the warmup band and lots of Parrot heads, pirates and the like. I met lots of people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, some travel in the regular Buffett circles, and some just passing through, but all in all it was enjoyable... I would take the Louisville experience over no Buffett experience at all... sure there are better places and better times of year but for what it was I think I'd do it again... so I guess I'm not on the fence afterall.

as for the KFC Yum center it is what it is... I had floor seats which I probably wouldn't do again, I was toward the back and it seemed even cheaper seats on the sides were 'closer' to the action on stage... The music was still good and there were still ice cold drinks and beer. So if Buffett comes back to Louisville I'd have to go and I know quite a few others that would be right there with me.
zedagyrl
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 52
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by zedagyrl »

I agree with Mufftang.. As it was not a typical summer concert with traditional tailgating it was still a good time. It was a great way to start the season and thaw out a bit from the winter. We had floor seats as well but my view was still better than from the lawn at Deercreek. I actually could see the stage.. I thought Toyota Park in Chicago had worse sound than KFC Yum.

I would do a spring concert at KFC Yum again...
but then again, as long as I am in that "state of mind" I can enjoy Jimmy anywhere and at any time... Its all what you make it.
I am gonna live my life like a song.....