Can't make Cincinnati. where is the next best place to go?

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Covingtonfire
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Any mixed drink

Can't make Cincinnati. where is the next best place to go?

Post by Covingtonfire »

My wife just told me we are going on vacation that week, and my partner in crime, who has been going to Buffett concerts for 30 years cant go either. Where is the best place to go for tailgating? I have to have a Buffett concert this year.

southofdisorder07
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: SOASOAS
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Blood

Re: Can't make Cincinnati. where is the next best place to go?

Post by southofdisorder07 »

ALPINE!!!!

parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

I second Alpine. Or Chicago, but Alpine would be my first recommendation!

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

parrotthd4evr wrote:I second Alpine. Or Chicago, but Alpine would be my first recommendation!
Frankly.......Phriends from here in Michigan went to Chicago last year & were disapointed with the tailgate big time!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Great Woods 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Tampa

Debbie

zedagyrl
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 52
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by zedagyrl »

Alpine or Indy....
I am gonna live my life like a song.....

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Alpine

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Boise

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

1. Tampa - right now it is the best tailgate . . . it is what Great Woods used to be. Great Woods is still fun. But it has become more of a PG 13 nap time for most people. I can't believe I just typed that. :o :pirate: :lol: Tampa, if it happens, just keeps getting better and better. Most of Buffett's annual norms are getting quieter and quieter.

2. Great Woods. Still good. But, again, it has basically become a 5 - 6 hour tailgate. Still fun . . . but for those of us who remember what Great Woods once was it is like watching something that was once legendary slowly die. Still better then almost all the rest - atleast from what I have seen. And I have seen much.

3. Alpine. Was out there a few years back and before that a bunch of years back - it has become quieter. Like almost all the others. But it beats the sh*t out of Cinci, Camden (never go to Camden - for the love of everything holy just don't do it!!!!), Chicago, and Indy.

4. Pittsburgh. Great venue.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

ragtopW wrote:Boise
There's nothing like tailgating in 35 degree weather at the end of October. Good times.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

indyssignguy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Drinkin my green label

Post by indyssignguy »

It's a No Brainer ..... INDY !!!
"I'd rather die while I'm living. . . than live while I'm dead"

jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

pittsburgh it #1 in my book

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:1. Tampa - right now it is the best tailgate . . . it is what Great Woods used to be. Great Woods is still fun. But it has become more of a PG 13 nap time for most people. I can't believe I just typed that. :o :pirate: :lol: Tampa, if it happens, just keeps getting better and better. Most of Buffett's annual norms are getting quieter and quieter.

2. Great Woods. Still good. But, again, it has basically become a 5 - 6 hour tailgate. Still fun . . . but for those of us who remember what Great Woods once was it is like watching something that was once legendary slowly die. Still better then almost all the rest - atleast from what I have seen. And I have seen much.

3. Alpine. Was out there a few years back and before that a bunch of years back - it has become quieter. Like almost all the others. But it beats the sh*t out of Cinci, Camden (never go to Camden - for the love of everything holy just don't do it!!!!), Chicago, and Indy.

I agree with everything except Alpine. I'd drop it off the list completely and move Pittsburgh up a spot. I know a lot of people think Alpine's great but I've been there twice and IMO the tailgate is average at best. And the venue itself blows monkeys. The only reason to go there is to see people I don't get to see anywhere else.

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I'll through Jones Beach into the mix ...... i just like the whole being on the Beach , The tailgate is very good , the venue being on the water is pretty cool.

I do like Tampa a lot!!!

Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

Dr.Corona wrote:
parrotthd4evr wrote:I second Alpine. Or Chicago, but Alpine would be my first recommendation!
Frankly.......Phriends from here in Michigan went to Chicago last year & were disapointed with the tailgate big time!
It depends which stadium- Bridgestone is awesome, and they're there to make sure you have a good time (the only time I stood in line for a port a pot was while they were cleaning/pumping them mid-tailgate, and they were the cleanest I've ever seen that far into a tailgate, and that includes DH's car club's private port a pot), rather than keep you under control. I would absolutely go back. Tinley, on the other hand, is awful. The parking lot is half gravel, half boulders (I think I blew out three flip flops in one day!), security was horrible, the venue is gross and overcrowded, the acoustics are crap, and the neighborhood complained enough about the noise that you can barely hear the concert halfway up the lawn.

Pittsburgh is iffy. We had a clusterphlock of epic proportions the last time we went- it took over an hour from the time we got off the interstate to get parked (and this was with the bus driver passing the exit and coming back- we nearly rioted, but it was the right thing to do, we saw a lot of cars we passed behind us), and getting out was scary. I like the venue, but it's just not worth the hassle to get in.

I'm from Indy- granted, I haven't been in quite a while, but I cannot imagine that they tolerate a good tailgate. Yeah, the let us in at 11, but it was totally low key the last time I went (the Saturday May show a few years ago).

Jones Beach is awesome.

I haven't been yet, but I feel like I should mention that the Austin parking lot opens at Noon on Wednesday for the Thursday show. I think my liver is afraid.
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer

familyof5parrottheads
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: tin cup chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito's n cranberry n soda

Post by familyof5parrottheads »

Jones beach is fantastic. Opens early and let you stay after if you want. Sound is very good. No lawn and no alcohol inside. But really don't need any after all day. Plus if traveling can't beat NYC.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I second, or third, Jones Beach. And remember, if you don't want to tailgate all day, you're at the beach. You have your choice or the bay, where the theater is, or the ocean a short walk away. Did I mention it's the beach?

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:1. Tampa - right now it is the best tailgate . . . it is what Great Woods used to be. Great Woods is still fun. But it has become more of a PG 13 nap time for most people. I can't believe I just typed that. :o :pirate: :lol: Tampa, if it happens, just keeps getting better and better. Most of Buffett's annual norms are getting quieter and quieter.

I agree with everything except Alpine. I'd drop it off the list completely and move Pittsburgh up a spot. I know a lot of people think Alpine's great but I've been there twice and IMO the tailgate is average at best. And the venue itself blows monkeys. The only reason to go there is to see people I don't get to see anywhere else.
I always forget about Jones Beach. That really should be in the top 5 as well. Alpine is what it is. But the Parrot Head contingent out there are fun to be around. I was really hoping for a Tampa show this year. Such a fun time and such a great tailgate. Perfection. Its like traveling back in time to Great Woods of the 1990's - and early 2000's up to about 2003 - the Pre-Fenway years if you will. :lol:
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

Pittsburgh is great. When you are in the right bus!!!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)