JacFlash
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Schoolboy Heart
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Comcast Ctr June 22 -Ticket For 2 Year Old

Post by JacFlash »

Hi All,

Been awhile since I've been around- maybe because I haven't been able to seen Jimmy for the last couple of years! Either way, we would like to take our 2 year old to the show (Lawn section). Does anyone know if the Comcast Center in Mansfield requires a ticket for a child of that age? I've been looking around and can't find that particular information. Any experience in that realm, fellow Parrotheads? Thanks in advance.

--JAC
Last edited by JacFlash on February 20, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Great Woods 6/25/09 **** How I Spent My Summer Vacation '08
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Comcast Ctr June 22 -Ticket For 2 Year Old

Post by TommyBahama »

JacFlash wrote:Hi All,

Been awhile since I've been around- maybe because I haven't been able to seen Jimmy for the last couple of years! Either way, we're planning on taking our 2 year old to the show. Does anyone know if the Comcast Center in Mansfield requires a ticket for a child of that age? I've been looking around and can't find that particular information. Any experience in that realm, fellow Parrotheads? Thanks in advance.

--JAC
i work in a theater ,and they don't allow someone that young in for certain shows ( usually a distraction to others). If it's a kid friendly show , yes , but, they have to pay.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

check your PMs...
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

I really have to wonder about the wisdom of taking a 2 year old onto the lawn. Now that the lawn is much smaller it seems to me it's a much wilder place. One of my friends who was up there last year reported seeing someone having sex during the show (or a reasonable facsimile of it) I'd think twice about taking a small child who may get stepped on.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
LiveandletLiver
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: I'll get back to you on this
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Diet Coke (sucks don't it)

Post by LiveandletLiver »

I didn't take my girls until they were 7 and 10.

It seemed to have worked out okay. They still want to go with me 20 years later.
phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

Post by phjim »

Wouldn't that be past their bedtime
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:I really have to wonder about the wisdom of taking a 2 year old onto the lawn. Now that the lawn is much smaller it seems to me it's a much wilder place. One of my friends who was up there last year reported seeing someone having sex during the show (or a reasonable facsimile of it) I'd think twice about taking a small child who may get stepped on.
not that it wouldn't matter at a concert , but i had a issue a couple of weeks ago at a play , a child was being loud and running up and down the aisle , there seats were close to the stage , i had to say something, and i had to remove her , of course i got the attitude , i just told her she wasn't being far to the rest of the patrons ( 4 who complained before i did anything) , she thought i was rude , had to laugh!!!
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

LiveandletLiver wrote:I didn't take my girls until they were 7 and 10.

It seemed to have worked out okay. They still want to go with me 20 years later.

7 and 10 aren't toddlers. I'd just be worried she'd get hurt in the crowd even with a parent holding a child , if it's rainy and slippery or the crowd is really crazy it could end badly.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
JacFlash
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Schoolboy Heart
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by JacFlash »

Thanks all,

These are all great points! I think we were just thinking about the best-case scenarios (beautiful weather, cool people, happy kiddo) and not factoring in how unpredictable weather, crowds, etc. can be. Thanks for the input- I think our little Parrothead will be staying with Gramma and Grampie for the night. :)
Image Image
Great Woods 6/25/09 **** How I Spent My Summer Vacation '08
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

I believe I was the person witnessing the "almost sex" on the lawn last year. Also the mass of humanity leaving in the dark going down the stairs from the lawn. It wasn't pretty. I have to say this to you......I would in no way bring a 2 yr old to a concert. Get a babysitter. Enjoy the tailgate and the concert. Have fun! Be free! Take her to a park the next day and push her on the swing......she'll love it. :D Put her ticket money aside for college and buying beer with her fake...... :o :lol: :lol:

Not kidding! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:I believe I was the person witnessing the "almost sex" on the lawn last year. Also the mass of humanity leaving in the dark going down the stairs from the lawn. It wasn't pretty. I have to say this to you......I would in no way bring a 2 yr old to a concert. Get a babysitter. Enjoy the tailgate and the concert. Have fun! Be free! Take her to a park the next day and push her on the swing......she'll love it. :D Put her ticket money aside for college and buying beer with her fake...... :o :lol: :lol:

Not kidding! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Yes, you are the lucky friend :D
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

JacFlash wrote:Thanks all,

These are all great points! I think we were just thinking about the best-case scenarios (beautiful weather, cool people, happy kiddo) and not factoring in how unpredictable weather, crowds, etc. can be. Thanks for the input- I think our little Parrothead will be staying with Gramma and Grampie for the night. :)

Smart. You'll have a much better time and so will Gramma, Grampie and your little one. :D
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
fins4
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer

Post by fins4 »

My wife and I took our then 9 month old daughter to see Jimmy three years ago. We checked with her pediatrician who said as long as it was outdoors it was fine. We bought her pink head phones brought a gazebo and a pool and we had a blast. We were also parked across from a pediatrician who agreed that it was perfectly fine to have her there. If you can get a babysitter and go alone it will probably be a bit more relaxing. Either way you are going to enjoy it, just be prepared to leave early if necessary. I'm not sure about Great Woods but 2 and under were free at Jiffy Lube Pavilion.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

fins4 wrote:My wife and I took our then 9 month old daughter to see Jimmy three years ago. We checked with her pediatrician who said as long as it was outdoors it was fine. We bought her pink head phones brought a gazebo and a pool and we had a blast. We were also parked across from a pediatrician who agreed that it was perfectly fine to have her there. If you can get a babysitter and go alone it will probably be a bit more relaxing. Either way you are going to enjoy it, just be prepared to leave early if necessary.

The tailgate wouldn't be an issue at GW, It's the lawn that I'd be concerned about, seats inside would be a little different as long as her ears were protected.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
labatt1876
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 13

Post by labatt1876 »

Same question, but with a 4 year old instead of 2 year old?

Loves music and loves hanging out with mom and dad on the weekend. Are peoples opinions the same or would being 'twice' the age of the 2 year old make a difference>?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

self-censor
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Carolinadreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

labatt1876 wrote:Same question, but with a 4 year old instead of 2 year old?

Loves music and loves hanging out with mom and dad on the weekend. Are peoples opinions the same or would being 'twice' the age of the 2 year old make a difference>?
Same answer for me. Get a babysitter. Have fun. Tailgate and have some adult fun. Go play catch the next day. Save the money for college and beer money at said college.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
labatt1876 wrote:Same question, but with a 4 year old instead of 2 year old?

Same answer for me. Get a babysitter. Have fun. Tailgate and have some adult fun. Go play catch the next day. Save the money for college and beer money at said college.
Linda! Are ya comin' to GW this year?? Must agree with you on this one. Grownup fun is a good thing, take it from the olds, leave the kids at home and take a break. Or stay home and take them to Chuckie Cheese. Or do what you want, take them to the tailgate, but have realistic expectations of the adults who are enjoying themselves all around you. In other words, do not expect those of us who have raised our kids to adjust our behavior to your tots. Love them, they are cute. And if I am invited to their birthday parties I promise to behave accordingly. Not so much at a Buffett tailgate. And I am the loving mommy of four sons ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Is it wrong that this thread got me thinking about sneaking booze into the venue inside baby bottles? :oops: :lol:
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

chippewa wrote:Is it wrong that this thread got me thinking about sneaking booze into the venue inside baby bottles? :oops: :lol:
In this day of concert venue concession price gouging it's NEVER wrong to think about ways to "beat the system" (rephrase: "be creative")!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image