Moderator: SMLCHNG

bob3435
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Usually the one that I am currently listening to
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: anything someone gives while on a boat

Re: Solana Beach, Cali

Post by bob3435 »

That was an AWESOME concert!!!! The Mistress of Agave said it was her favorite show in over 30 years when she would go see him when all he played were similar venues. He connected with the crowd much more, talked a lot, and even the Coral Reefers were more in touch. Tina and Nadirah posed for my wife while she took their picture. Peter Mayer recognized me from meeting him on the street in Paris last month and kept gesturing towards me. Now, we were front row right next to the lamp shade gal (if you see a video, Jimmy wore her hat during 5 0'clock somewhere), so it was easy for the whole band to see us, but he was at ease and really seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. Also, he was wearing jeans, not shorts which we haven't seen in a while. However, he didn't sign any autographs and was gone immediately after the show.

All in all, we thought it was well worth the quick trip from Boise and now that we are spoiled I don't know how we are going to take sitting on the lawn in Hawaii. Oh well, I guess we will manage..haha.

As far as the tailgating; There was no place to tailgate except along the sidewalk and the staff of Belly Up would not allow any drinking because 1) it is illegal and 2) they had to negotiate with Jimmy's people about what to do so the provided free drink cards to a small place up the street. BUT, you know parrotheads. I'm not going to say that they would do anything illegal, but my Landshark Beer sure seemed to disappear and other people in line seemed to get happier from their coffee and iced tea as the day wore on. A little different crowd than we experienced in Paris but I think a lot of it was because of the limited space and crack down on the tailgating. Anyways, we had a great time and feel very fortunate that we were able to score some tickets.

Fins Up!