Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TexasPiratED
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Apple Crown & Cranberry

Re: Frisco Texas 2014

Post by TexasPiratED »

Does anyone know the last year that Jimmy did not perform a Dallas area show?

How many years in a row has there been a Fair Park or Frisco show?
Some of it's magic......

STL Parrot
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with Rum

Post by STL Parrot »

TexasPiratED wrote:Does anyone know the last year that Jimmy did not perform a Dallas area show?

How many years in a row has there been a Fair Park or Frisco show?
Unless I'm missing a venue...it looks like there was no show in Dallas in 2005.

PARROTHEAD69
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40; Treat Her Like A Lady
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane; Pineapple with Rum

Post by PARROTHEAD69 »

My source says fans can expect more activity this weekend about Frisco. Talked to them this morning.

Planosmith1
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Death Of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Planosmith1 »

PARROTHEAD69 wrote:My source says fans can expect more activity this weekend about Frisco. Talked to them this morning.
Parrothead69...way to keep the hope alive...I agree it's going to happen, that's what my source has been telling me.
We are just not use to waiting this long for the announcement and it's killing us all!

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

SMLCHNG wrote:Pardon my butting in. :) I know you all are hoping and excited from previous shows. Being in the Denver area - we were 8 years between shows. And folks on the West coast have been hit or miss in the last 10 years. One must always be grateful for what you've had in the past, which is often more shows than other cities have had. :) But good thoughts for another show.
Pardon this interruption but didn't he play in Denver in the fall of 2011 and 2013?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

TXParrot60
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 11

Post by TXParrot60 »

Planosmith1 wrote:
PARROTHEAD69 wrote:My source says fans can expect more activity this weekend about Frisco. Talked to them this morning.
Parrothead69...way to keep the hope alive...I agree it's going to happen, that's what my source has been telling me.
We are just not use to waiting this long for the announcement and it's killing us all!
Just had to throw my 2cents into the discussion -

I've got a reliable source at venue who assures me that June 21st will be a hard day to find a parking spot in Frisco :)

tpspuck
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by tpspuck »

Wow - if June 21st happens, I won't be able to make it.... We are hosting a John Frinzi Concert at our house....We even have an invite to Mac to play...... DO you think Jimmy would mind playing without him?

PARROTHEAD69
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40; Treat Her Like A Lady
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane; Pineapple with Rum

Post by PARROTHEAD69 »

tpspuck wrote:Wow - if June 21st happens, I won't be able to make it.... We are hosting a John Frinzi Concert at our house....We even have an invite to Mac to play...... DO you think Jimmy would mind playing without him?

Yeah, but just a little bit. Wishful thinking though.

planoparrotthead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He Wet to Paris
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by planoparrotthead »

Here is the latest. Inside sources say a very strict gag order has been placed on the Frisco event to prevent info coming out before the official announcement. The only shared information is that traffic and parking @ Toyota Stadium will be very difficult on Sat. June 21. I'm firing up the margarita machine to get ready for the announcement this weekend. Let the Fin begin!

planoparrotthead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He Wet to Paris
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by planoparrotthead »

TXParrot60 wrote:
Planosmith1 wrote:
Just had to throw my 2cents into the discussion -

I've got a reliable source at venue who assures me that June 21st will be a hard day to find a parking spot in Frisco :)
Looks like the information is starting to triangulate.....Thanks planosmith and TXParrot60 for keeping us updated.

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

Jimmy Buffett, Frisco Texas, June 21st...guaranteed! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Get your hotel reservations NOW!

My tailgating planning has begun. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

MDown
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 27
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito's Vodka and just about anything

Post by MDown »

SMLCHNG wrote:Pardon my butting in. :) I know you all are hoping and excited from previous shows. Being in the Denver area - we were 8 years between shows. And folks on the West coast have been hit or miss in the last 10 years. One must always be grateful for what you've had in the past, which is often more shows than other cities have had. :) But good thoughts for another show.
As a Colorado Native I can appreciate the frustration. I lived in Colorado when he last played Red Rocks (it was incredible!) and caught him few times at Fiddler's Green.

Living in Chicago the last 20 years, I've been one of the lucky ones.

PVBigDaddy
Favorite Buffett Song: The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by PVBigDaddy »

Planosmith1 wrote:Jimmy Buffett, Frisco Texas, June 21st...guaranteed! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Get your hotel reservations NOW!

My tailgating planning has begun. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Planosmith, I never doubted you (or your source) for a minute. To paraphrase Will Ferrell in Old School, "You're my boy, Planosmith. Your my boy"!

Now that we know the date..............Does anyone know of an early buy code for tickets?Image

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

BottleofRum wrote:
Pardon this interruption but didn't he play in Denver in the fall of 2011 and 2013?
Yep. :) But the show in 2011 was after an 7 (not 8, sorry - it was May of 2004 to October of 2011) year drought.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

SMLCHNG wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:
Yep. :) But the show in 2011 was after an 7 (not 8, sorry - it was May of 2004 to October of 2011) year drought.
you want to talk Drought?? Talk Boise

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

andrewsjerrypat
I have found me a home

Post by andrewsjerrypat »

Going along with what someone posted that we should hear something this weekend.....I looked at the City of Frisco's website and the City Council has called a Special Meeting for this Friday at 5:15 p.m. There is a closed session involved, but no mention of Buffett or the concert in the Agenda. It must be pretty important to meet on a Friday at 5:15 p.m.
Jer

TexasPiratED
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Apple Crown & Cranberry

Post by TexasPiratED »

PlanoSmith, I trustED then I doubtED now I am rewardED!!! Thanks for keeping the dream alive......

I was rewatching my 2012 JB Tailgating video and something looks strangely familiar at the :16 mark.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg81esH ... j4w3UwBbiw
Some of it's magic......

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I wish they'd hurry up and make this official. Airfare is relatively cheap right now but I'm not buying a plane ticket until the date is announced.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

TexasPiratED wrote:PlanoSmith, I trustED then I doubtED now I am rewardED!!! Thanks for keeping the dream alive......

I was rewatching my 2012 JB Tailgating video and something looks strangely familiar at the :16 mark.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg81esH ... j4w3UwBbiw
LOL, thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen it. :D That's my motorized adirondack, but that not me...one of my parrothead friends. Would love to bring it to Frisco this year, but I'm sure there will be the same ban on motorized vehicles as last year.

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

LIPH wrote:I wish they'd hurry up and make this official. Airfare is relatively cheap right now but I'm not buying a plane ticket until the date is announced.
You'll be buying your plane ticket Monday morning 8)