Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Re: Atlanta/Nashville 2014

Post by spucketts »

It's been along time since I last attended a concert at Chastain, James Taylor back in 2001 I think it was, and this isn't the neighborhood that's around Lakewood. There's a strong homeowners association in the area that won't put up with certain activities along the streets and noise ordnances are strictly enforced, including what goes on in the official parking lots. I don't see cover bands being included (noise and space) or marketing (Landshark or Margaritville). Grilling, a canopy, chairs along the street may not be tolerated. And then there's the price of the seats, I'm not sure who this show is being marketed toward but it's not what I would consider your regular Buffett fan or Parrothead.

fin fan
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Island
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by fin fan »

Well, no Atl for us. Better venue needed! I wish Nashville still had an outdoor venue.

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Post by KaseywithaK »

I am glad i got tickets to cinci instead of waiting on going to atlanta. now if he books that nashville show, which i doubt he will, i can go to 2 this year!
Kasey w/ a "K""

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

fin fan wrote:Well, no Atl for us. Better venue needed! I wish Nashville still had an outdoor venue.
I didn't realize the amphitheatre in Nashville closed. I saw Jimmy there in 2003ish when it was Amsouth, later named Starwood. It seemed like it was just a little smaller than Lakewood in Atlanta, but basically the same layout. I'm surprised they demolished it...

medicaldawg
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: coastal confessions
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: anything that will take me away

Post by medicaldawg »

well this totally freakin blows. Dang Jimmy whats up man? I can handle missing you at Lakewood but my kids have grown up on seeing you there. What gives bro? This may or may not alter my spending habbits toward you. We as loyal fans atleast deserve a reason.

tully mars

Post by tully mars »

This has to be a mistake Chastain that's wine and cheese not margarita's and cheeseburgers. Reschedule Jimmy to Verizon on a fri or sat

tully mars

Post by tully mars »

:-?

Last edited by tully mars on February 25, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

Gee I don't see a "Who's going to Chastain/Atlanta" thread on the Preconcert gathering page. Anyone going? Anyone? Buller? Buller?

ATLparrothead
I have found me a home

Post by ATLparrothead »

I think we are all in denial that this Chastain thing is actually happening :cry:

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

"Now, Madoff made off with all the money" to quote an artist I used to go see. Apparently he ain't the only one...... :(

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

medicaldawg wrote:well this totally freakin blows. Dang Jimmy whats up man? I can handle missing you at Lakewood but my kids have grown up on seeing you there. What gives bro? This may or may not alter my spending habbits toward you. We as loyal fans atleast deserve a reason.
No we don't.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

LIPH wrote:
medicaldawg wrote:well this totally freakin blows. Dang Jimmy whats up man? I can handle missing you at Lakewood but my kids have grown up on seeing you there. What gives bro? This may or may not alter my spending habbits toward you. We as loyal fans atleast deserve a reason.
No we don't.
I kinda think we do, especially since Lakewood is open on that date (unless there is a pending event that has not been posted).

EezyE
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: too many to list
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by EezyE »

I'm not sure we deserve an explanation on the venue but I think it is ridiculous to ask your loyal fans to pay what those tickets are priced at Chastain. I know no one forces us to purchase any ticket but we really wanted to see Buffett this year and this is the only scheduled stop so far that we could attend.

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / One Particular / Delaney / Pirate
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

LIPH wrote:
No we don't.
Agree! No we don't.

We have a choice to make, much like the Chiacgo Parrotheads did last year.
a) go see our guy at Chastain & enjoy all that comes along with it. Realizing full well, the end is in sight & we won't get this 10 years from now.
b) don't go

But where he has his show doesn't warrant an explanation from him or his reps.

FinsUp
Someday I will.

Next Tour Stop:
-Nashville 4.27.19 - SOASOAS 19 (32)
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS 19 (33)
-Raleigh 4.18.20 - Slack Tide (34)
-Charlotte 4.25.20 - Slack Tide (35)
-Red Rocks 9.10.20 - Slack Tide (36)

kudzukid
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle (today anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by kudzukid »

Been to a lot of Lakewood shows, and it's a great spot for tailgating. Chastain is bad for Parrotheads on many levels — size, price, tailgating, etc. Was excited to see Atlanta scheduled for May 27 after I had to miss it last year, but now I'll miss it again this year unless I can catch it in another city. I hope this is a one-time occurrence. When you've made hundreds of millions off of fans, I do think you owe them something better than this. These longtime loyal Atlanta-area fans deserve better than a Tuesday night and better than Chastain. They've been there since the early days, after all.

Facebook.com/KudzuKidWriting

medicaldawg
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: coastal confessions
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: anything that will take me away

Post by medicaldawg »

the ammount of money i saved on ticket prices was the reason I Bought 5 t-shirts @ 35-40 each plus my frozed concoction maker. Im not asking for an explanation of why. Im asking for a reason. The Phlock is loyal more than just about anyother. Even to the brand. Reason? I think we all deserve one. IJS

spucketts

Post by spucketts »

In my opinion one of the problems at Lakewood was how they were selling tickets. When they'd first go on sale it was 153 reserved or 37 for lawns, give or take a few bucks. Then at some point they'd start selling some of the uncovered reserved seats for the lawn price. They need to have at least three price tiers if not four based on distance from the stage, covered vs uncovered and then lawns. It would increase the buyers choices and that would increased the chance of selling out. I don't think the past two if not three Lakewood shows sold out with entire rows in the back of the uncovered sections appearing as available a week before show time. If Lakewood had continued to sell out they never would have moved to a smaller venue.

ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Post by ParrotHead67 »

As I said in a previous post, Yes, we all have paid good money for his concerts etc. but we did it voluntarily and got entertained in return. That's all he owes... entertainment in return for our money we voluntarily gave to him, not explanations. Why does Jimmy owe anyone anything? He's worked hard to get where he is and should be choosy at this time in his life. At 67, he could retire if he wants to. To me, everything he does now is a bonus. Yes it sucks but that's the way it is. You can look at it as he is where he is because of us but he is where he is because of his hard work and we enjoyed that hard work so we gave him money. Now it's paying off for him. If you don't like it don't go. He won't ask you for an explanation.
"I gotta go where it's warm!"

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Post by KaseywithaK »

I personally think the price of the tickets in Atlanta is not Jimmy Buffett's fault... it's the venue.
The rest of his shows are normal pricing. It appears Chastain is smaller & it appears they have seating every where, which I think is weird. I have never been, was just looking at seating charts. They probably try to sell their shows on "it's a personal, more upscale experience."
Kasey w/ a "K""

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

ParrotHead67 wrote:As I said in a previous post, Yes, we all have paid good money for his concerts etc. but we did it voluntarily and got entertained in return. That's all he owes... entertainment in return for our money we voluntarily gave to him, not explanations. Why does Jimmy owe anyone anything? He's worked hard to get where he is and should be choosy at this time in his life. At 67, he could retire if he wants to. To me, everything he does now is a bonus. Yes it sucks but that's the way it is. You can look at it as he is where he is because of us but he is where he is because of his hard work and we enjoyed that hard work so we gave him money. Now it's paying off for him. If you don't like it don't go. He won't ask you for an explanation.
My feelings exactly. He owes fans one thing, and one thing only - when they lay down their money for a concert ticket, he should give us the best performance he can. That's it.

And for the people who are saying he owes his "loyal fans" a reason for the venue change, I would argue that the people who are willing to spend $280 for a ticket to this show are a hell of a lot more loyal than the "loyal fans" who have done nothing but b**** and moan since this show was announced.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here