Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Pittsburgh

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

majrfan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: volcano
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: yes

Re: Pittsburgh

Post by majrfan » March 9, 2015 9:14 pm

I always go back "home" to Burgettstown for Jimmy's show. Hearing about Jimmy not coming to Burgettstown???!!! Anyone hear any updates? Please say it isn't so!! Because I missed the date for Tampa tickets going on sale. First time in 23 yrs I missed tickets for a show I wanted to go to!! PLEASE JIMMY, COME TO BURGETTSTOWN!!
Thanks to JB for playing the tunes that get my endorphins going! It really works y'all![/b]
It doesn't hurt that There's booze in the blender, and soon it will render, that frozen concoction that helps me hang on! It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

mike6981
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by mike6981 » March 10, 2015 11:57 am

there is still time yet. i really cant believe Pittsburgh would be left out of the picture. I would think he might do a final concert tour. I understand that his age is a coming factor but I really dont think its time to start skipping major stops like pittsburgh.
yes i'm a pirate.....200 yrs too late

inked-parrotthead
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in Breathe out,move on
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Iron city beer

Post by inked-parrotthead » March 12, 2015 10:25 am

It's looking more and more like we may not have a Pittsburgh show,but still holding onto a slim bit of hope......The Pittsburgh Parrot Head will however continue to "Party with a Purpose"
sqeeze my lime

mike6981
I have found me a home

Post by mike6981 » March 12, 2015 6:54 pm

if you all look at the schedule, there are other cities that are not listed as well.... i think we well see more tour dates in the next 16 days. :pirate:

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 » March 13, 2015 11:56 am

hope the burgh is one of them. We traded Pittsburgh last year for our virgin trip to Jones Beach and since we are cutting back to 1 concert this year because we "over-extended" last year we were hoping to get back to Pittsburgh. :-o
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

zlata1
Favorite Buffett Song: It's five o'clock somewhere
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by zlata1 » March 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Hello, Just called Niagara Pavilion, and spoke to someone who said Jimmy is not coming to Burgettstown and has been confirmed. It is such a bummer. Does anyone know why he decided not to come to Burgestown?

rumdrinks
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: How can you pick just one ?
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: all of them

Post by rumdrinks » March 14, 2015 3:50 pm

I would tend to agree with a post above. There are a lot of "holes" in the schedule yet, and a number of stops not listed yet. I really doubt that he would skip Pittsburgh. As long as he's doing a tour this summer, I can't see him skipping his regular stops and obviously, Pittsburgh is a regular stop. If the person at Niagara Pavilion was speaking the truth, perhaps JB will play PNC Park again. You never know!!!!
Rum. Helping ugly people have sex since 1762.

MigrationMan
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by MigrationMan » March 15, 2015 11:47 am

So, here is one theory...

Pittsburgh has not sold out the last few years. What if JB decided to take a year (or more) off from the 'Burgh to show the area what they are missing and increase future ticket sales. If he can sell out STL, KC and other areas that do not normally get a concert, increasing his profit and marketability, then why go to a place that does not sell out and by some people considered "just another concert"?

As all theories, feel free to pick this one apart. :)

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter » March 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Looking at the current 2015 schedule for the First Niagara Pavilion the venue does not have any dates in June that work with Jimmy's schedule.

Jimmy's June show dates are 6/2, 6/4, 6/6, 6/20, 6/23/, 6/27

First Niagara Pavilion is booked with other artists on 6/6, 6/20, 6/26, 6/28 and 6/30

Jimmy is apparently taking July off this year as no July dates have been announced

Jimmy has only two shows announced for August at the moment on 8/18 and 8/20

First Niagara Pavilion is booked on 8/1, 8/6, 8/12, 8/15, 8/23, 8/25 and 8/30

Given that the dates for Jimmy's Detroit and Alpine Valley shows have not been announced it is safe bet that those shows will round out the August leg of the tour. an Indianapolis show is also a possibility for August as is a return to Hershey Park PA and possibly a return to Bethel NY aka Woodstock

Pittsburgh is not the only usual tour stop being omitted this year as there is no show scheduled for Blossom Music Center in Ohio this year either

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » March 15, 2015 4:46 pm

urlcenter wrote:Jimmy has only two shows announced for August at the moment on 8/18 and 8/20
3 shows in August, he's at Great Woods 8/15
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » March 15, 2015 8:47 pm

LIPH wrote:
urlcenter wrote:Jimmy has only two shows announced for August at the moment on 8/18 and 8/20
3 shows in August, he's at Great Woods 8/15
My bad I was using a tour date list that did not have all of the announced shows on it

mike6981
I have found me a home

Post by mike6981 » March 16, 2015 2:12 pm

dont understand how anyone can say that pittsburgh has not sold out in past years........... then ticketmaster has been lying to us when they say concert is sold out............ sure seems sold out when i go every year........ also hersey is not a stop.... pittsburgh is in the top 10 for the tour..... i still say that we will see some dates for july......... if not then a road trip will be in the forecast.

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » March 16, 2015 2:51 pm

mike6981 wrote:dont understand how anyone can say that pittsburgh has not sold out in past years........... then ticketmaster has been lying to us when they say concert is sold out............ sure seems sold out when i go every year........ also hersey is not a stop.... pittsburgh is in the top 10 for the tour..... i still say that we will see some dates for july......... if not then a road trip will be in the forecast.
Jimmy played Hershey Park August 30th last year with Alan Jackson and he said he wanted to return there this year and at the moment all four Saturday's in August are open dates at Hershey Park while Jimmy has no Saturday shows in August scheduled at the moment

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie » March 16, 2015 3:01 pm

He is playing GW on Saturday, 8/15. :P
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

WVParrothead
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 88

Post by WVParrothead » March 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Last year was horrible attendance-wise. But it was a Wednesday if I'm recalling right. There were so many unsold upper pavilion tickets that the venue was literally giving out free upgrades from the lawn to the pavilion (I got 2 of them) just to try to make it look fuller. Hate to say it but that may have made an impression on Buffett Management.
Pittsburgh(16x)
Cincy(13x)
Manassas(12x)
Boston(9x)
Camden(5x)
Vegas(4x)
Tampa(4x)
Cuyahoga Falls(3x)
Alpine(2x)
Frisco(2x)
Toronto(2x)
VA Beach(2x)
Jones Beach(2x)
Atlantic City, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Ft Lauderdale, Hershey, Holmdel, Houston, Indy, Orange Beach, Raleigh(1x)

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » March 16, 2015 3:50 pm

lime rickie wrote:He is playing GW on Saturday, 8/15. :P
Your right he has 4 out of 5 Saturday's still open in August

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » March 16, 2015 3:56 pm

WVParrothead wrote:Last year was horrible attendance-wise. But it was a Wednesday if I'm recalling right. There were so many unsold upper pavilion tickets that the venue was literally giving out free upgrades from the lawn to the pavilion (I got 2 of them) just to try to make it look fuller. Hate to say it but that may have made an impression on Buffett Management.
Another issue might have been twos show in PA about a little over a month apart last year as Pittsburgh was on 7/23 and Hershey Park was 8/30. Parrotheads living in and around Eastern PA might have opted for Hershey over Pittsburgh leaving empty seats at the Pittsburgh show

WVParrothead
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 88

Post by WVParrothead » March 16, 2015 3:56 pm

This was my view last year. And with all the empty seats around me in the pic there were a bunch more behind me.

http://s12.postimg.org/dhhgsuzkt/20140723_205702.jpg
Pittsburgh(16x)
Cincy(13x)
Manassas(12x)
Boston(9x)
Camden(5x)
Vegas(4x)
Tampa(4x)
Cuyahoga Falls(3x)
Alpine(2x)
Frisco(2x)
Toronto(2x)
VA Beach(2x)
Jones Beach(2x)
Atlantic City, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Ft Lauderdale, Hershey, Holmdel, Houston, Indy, Orange Beach, Raleigh(1x)

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 » March 16, 2015 4:37 pm

urlcenter wrote:
mike6981 wrote:dont understand how anyone can say that pittsburgh has not sold out in past years........... then ticketmaster has been lying to us when they say concert is sold out............ sure seems sold out when i go every year........ also hersey is not a stop.... pittsburgh is in the top 10 for the tour..... i still say that we will see some dates for july......... if not then a road trip will be in the forecast.
Jimmy played Hershey Park August 30th last year with Alan Jackson and he said he wanted to return there this year and at the moment all four Saturday's in August are open dates at Hershey Park while Jimmy has no Saturday shows in August scheduled at the moment
we are hearing that Jimmy is on the concert list issued to the Hershey Park VIP season ticket holders but no date has been provided.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 » March 16, 2015 4:44 pm

urlcenter wrote:
as of today on the Hershey Stadium schedule:

Hersheypark STADIUM 08/08/2015 Nickelback

Hersheypark STADIUM 08/29/2015 5 Seconds of Summer

Jimmy is scheduled for Great Woods, MA on Aug 15
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda