The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 1

Irvine, CA

Post by MerrickBill »

There are rumors out there that Jimmy will be performing at Verizon Wireless in Irvine. His other SoCal shows aren't very good for tailgating. How is Verizon Wireless? I really want to go to a show with great tailgating this year. Is Irvine the place?

Bill
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Re: Irvine, CA

Post by daddymention »

Irvine is the best place for tailgating. Unfortunately the lot doesn't open till 3pm, which limits the time for tailgating. Several years ago, you used to be able to get in around noon. The police have become very strict here regarding alcohol. I had a margarita in a solo cup and they made me pour it out...now I grab a big gulp or XL In-N-Out cup with lid and have my margaritas in it and I've had no problems...

In 2011, the Coral Reefers made an appearance in the parking lot to take pictures and sign autographs...Margaritaville foods were giving out free samples of Margarita Mix, chicken wings, and shrimp. They also set up a t shirt stand in the parking lot so you can get your shirt before the show.

Jimmy really likes Irvine. He always seems to really put on a good show there. I've been to almost every show there since 1990 and I've always felt they were better than one's I've seen in Vegas or San Diego.
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

Thanks for the info. Some of the other local Parrothead clubs have similar information. They seem like a reliable source. I just wish the concert would be listed on the Margaritaville tour schedule. But I'm optimistic. Looks like there will be tailgating in my future!

Bill
teddyn
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty

Post by teddyn »

The concert is now on Live Nation - Citi presale starts Friday.
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/09004E58C2905DBB
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

It's up on Margaritaville.com... October 24
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

Awesome!! See you guys in Irvine.

Bill
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

daddymention wrote:Irvine is the best place for tailgating. Unfortunately the lot doesn't open till 3pm, which limits the time for tailgating. Several years ago, you used to be able to get in around noon. The police have become very strict here regarding alcohol. I had a margarita in a solo cup and they made me pour it out...now I grab a big gulp or XL In-N-Out cup with lid and have my margaritas in it and I've had no problems...

In 2011, the Coral Reefers made an appearance in the parking lot to take pictures and sign autographs...Margaritaville foods were giving out free samples of Margarita Mix, chicken wings, and shrimp. They also set up a t shirt stand in the parking lot so you can get your shirt before the show.

Jimmy really likes Irvine. He always seems to really put on a good show there. I've been to almost every show there since 1990 and I've always felt they were better than one's I've seen in Vegas or San Diego.
Can you please explain to me why it's "The best for tailgating"?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Post by daddymention »

Dr.Corona wrote:
daddymention wrote:Irvine is the best place for tailgating. Unfortunately the lot doesn't open till 3pm, which limits the time for tailgating. Several years ago, you used to be able to get in around noon. The police have become very strict here regarding alcohol. I had a margarita in a solo cup and they made me pour it out...now I grab a big gulp or XL In-N-Out cup with lid and have my margaritas in it and I've had no problems...

Can you please explain to me why it's "The best for tailgating"?
I guess I should clarify...it's the best in southern California. There is no tailgating in Santa Barbara or Hollywood, and San Diego, while nice, is very mellow. Irvine brings out the people, motorhomes, decorations, and the shows always sell out which mean a big crowd...especially this year since it's on a Saturday. The parking lot is huge with the motorhomes and cars sharing the same lot (although the motorhomes are on the west end).
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

Just got my tickets. See everyone there!

Bill
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

Just did it.... We're going to Irvine!!! 8) Gotta love impulse decisions to go to a Jimmy Concert in Irvine, California when you live in Boise, Idaho... Never even been to Irvine, but it's gotta be a good time!
Looking For That One Particular Harbor
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

Jmacboi wrote:Just did it.... We're going to Irvine!!! 8) Gotta love impulse decisions to go to a Jimmy Concert in Irvine, California when you live in Boise, Idaho... Never even been to Irvine, but it's gotta be a good time!
I hope to see you there. Stop by my parking spot during the tailgate and I'll give you some food.

Bill
Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

I'll take you up on that... Really looking forward to a good time!
Looking For That One Particular Harbor