Moderator: SMLCHNG

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Re: Alpine Reopening

Post by boatdrinks84 »

wiscoleeds1 wrote: March 13, 2018 10:23 am Best thing you ever saw at a Jimmy show at Alpine Valley and hope to see this year?
The ambulance giving margaritas via a drip bag while you laid on a gurney.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
A full steel drum band playing in the lot.
Hendo23
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Hendo23 »

tropicalmindset wrote: March 13, 2018 1:47 pm Just got an email from Live Nation confirming that there will be one more show announced at Alpine this summer.

Would not confirm who, but think we all know who it is. I'm gonna go out and say August 25th instead of Labor Day
Please, please, PLEASE!!!
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

Who is it Phish? they always close out Alpine Valley
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 14, 2018 7:17 am Who is it Phish? they always close out Alpine Valley
Wrong again. Phish plays two shows at Alpine when they play there. Jimmy is also always the last show of the season, not Phish. Please go troll some where else.
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

Did you learn a new saying by referring to Troll all the time? Do you even know what that means? Where are you getting information that it is going to be one show, it could be one Band playing several shows.
tropicalmindset
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 14, 2018 8:34 am Did you learn a new saying by referring to Troll all the time? Do you even know what that means? Where are you getting information that it is going to be one show, it could be one Band playing several shows.
If you read my earlier post you would have seen that it was a Live Nation Rep who confirmed to me that there would be ONE additional show added.

Also, yes I do know what a troll is. It's a person who hangs around a forum trying to get a rise out of people. Which is exactly what you are doing.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

tropicalmindset wrote: March 13, 2018 1:47 pm Just got an email from Live Nation confirming that there will be one more show announced at Alpine this summer.

Would not confirm who, but think we all know who it is. I'm gonna go out and say August 25th instead of Labor Day
With a tour leg already in the first two weeks of August a show that late into August would be out of the ordinary unless more shows are added at the end of August. This would mean he'd be touring pretty much the entire month which would be atypical. But nothing about his year's tour is typical.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tropicalmindset

BottleofRum wrote: March 14, 2018 10:23 am

With a tour leg already in the first two weeks of August a show that late into August would be out of the ordinary unless more shows are added at the end of August. This would mean he'd be touring pretty much the entire month which would be atypical. But nothing about his year's tour is typical.
I'm just going off of when Jimmy usually plays Alpine. Of course the week before that is open as well, but August 10th and 11th is filled at Alpine with ZBB
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'm not saying it won't happen but if he plays Alpine it will prob be earlier in August. Unless he has a tour leg planed for the end of August.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tropicalmindset

BottleofRum wrote: March 14, 2018 10:34 am I'm not saying it won't happen but if he plays Alpine it will prob be earlier in August. Unless he has a tour leg planed for the end of August.
At this point I'm not too concerned with the date, just glad that the chance of us getting a concert has increased.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
Hendo23
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hendo23 »

Looking at Phish's summer tour schedule, it is very full, but scarily there is a empty spot the weekend of August 24-25.

The weekend of the 17-19 they are in Watkins Glen, NY. Labor Day Weekend, they're near Denver. If you connect the dots, an Alpine show(s) the weekend of the 24-25 might be a reasonable middle ground, especially considering that they have ZERO shows scheduled anywhere in the Midwest this summer.

For the sake of all the Alpine Parrotheads, I desperately hope that Phish books that August 24-25 weekend somewhere other than Alpine SOON!
tropicalmindset

Hendo23 wrote: March 14, 2018 4:39 pm Looking at Phish's summer tour schedule, it is very full, but scarily there is a empty spot the weekend of August 24-25.

The weekend of the 17-19 they are in Watkins Glen, NY. Labor Day Weekend, they're near Denver. If you connect the dots, an Alpine show(s) the weekend of the 24-25 might be a reasonable middle ground, especially considering that they have ZERO shows scheduled anywhere in the Midwest this summer.

For the sake of all the Alpine Parrotheads, I desperately hope that Phish books that August 24-25 weekend somewhere other than Alpine SOON!
Phish hasn't played Alpine since 2015, I'm not too concerned with them. Plus Live Nation emphasized one more show, for a total of 5 at Alpine. Phish USUALLY plays 2-3 shows per tour stop. Doing some research it appears that they have announced all summer tour dates, and are rumored to be in Chicago in Oct.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

Alpine posted the following picture on their FB on 3/12.

It shows The Dead, ZBB and Dave Matthews.

Now Dave Matthews is playing two shows at Northerly Island in Chicago and one at Summerfest in Milwaukee. However, I do remember one year in the late 90s or early 2000s where DMB played Alpine and Summerfest back to back. It seems unlikely that DMB would be the last Alpine show, but it is not unprecedented and this photo is a weird screw up.

https://m.facebook.com/alpinevalleymusi ... &source=48
tropicalmindset

wildcat wrote: March 14, 2018 6:37 pm Alpine posted the following picture on their FB on 3/12.

Now Dave Matthews is playing two shows at Northerly Island in Chicago and one at Summerfest in Milwaukee. However, I do remember one year in the late 90s or early 2000s where DMB played Alpine and Summerfest back to back. It seems unlikely that DMB would be the last Alpine show, but it is not unprecedented and this photo is a weird screw up.

I agree that is quite odd.
However, since there is still one show left to be announced, it almost has to be in August. Due to DMB's schedule, I just can't see them coming back to this area to play a show in Mid-August. They would be forced to play August 17th or 18th due to ZBB the week before, and they have a gig out in CO I believe on the 24th of August
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
Hendo23
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hendo23 »

tropicalmindset wrote: March 14, 2018 6:47 pm
wildcat wrote: March 14, 2018 6:37 pm Alpine posted the following picture on their FB on 3/12.

I agree that is quite odd.
However, since there is still one show left to be announced, it almost has to be in August. Due to DMB's schedule, I just can't see them coming back to this area to play a show in Mid-August. They would be forced to play August 17th or 18th due to ZBB the week before, and they have a gig out in CO I believe on the 24th of August
They do appear to have the Midwest pretty well covered with the two Chicago shows and the one in Milwaukee, only 40 miles from Alpine. Those three shows could draw up to 85,000 people, according to listed capacity, so it is indeed hard to imagine that there'd be much of a market for another show so close. The only caveat is that perhaps DMB is mindful of the tailgate experience that Illinoisans and Wisconsinites cherish, which could be an impetus to add an Alpine show. Again, highly unlikely. They are booked in Colorado 8/24 AND 25, so that would leave only the Aug. 18 weekend as a possibility. Common sense (and hope) would suggest that to be a longshot.

That said, ticket sales do appear to be quite strong for the three currently scheduled shows.
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

It is just really wired that Alpine hasn't removed the post. Some of the commenters are really giving them crap.
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wiscoleeds1 wrote: March 13, 2018 10:23 am Best thing you ever saw at a Jimmy show at Alpine Valley and hope to see this year?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
WORST thing I ever saw at Alpine Valley was at the Summerzcool Tour stop in August 2009 — which was the concert where I broke my Buffett cherry — when the weather was so shitty (wet and cold) that when Jimmy came back on-stage after intermission (which I still think, considering the tour name that year, should have been called 'recess') he was wearing a hoodie.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

Bicycle Bill wrote: March 15, 2018 1:11 am
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
WORST thing I ever saw at Alpine Valley was at the Summerzcool Tour stop in August 2009 — which was the concert where I broke my Buffett cherry — when the weather was so shitty (wet and cold) that when Jimmy came back on-stage after intermission (which I still think, considering the tour name that year, should have been called 'recess') he was wearing a hoodie.
-"BB"-
The fun of the Midwest, where it can be cold as hell any day of year.
crzyitlian
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here, Wish You were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi Banana rum with pineapple juice

Post by crzyitlian »

Bicycle Bill wrote: March 15, 2018 1:11 am
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
-"BB"-
My first concert was 2001 on the Beach Odyssey stop in Tinley Park(it was the one that was pushed back after 9/11) on September 29. I was a Buffett newbie and my 2nd generation parrothead friend exclaimed “I can’t believe he’s wearing jeans” when Jimmy came out on stage. At the time I thought nothing of it. He even came out after the intermission with a windbreaker on.
2001 - Tinley Park, IL
2002 - Tinley Park, IL
2011 - Maryland Heights, MO
2012 - Tinley Park, IL
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Tinley Park, IL
2015 - Maryland Heights, MO
2016 - Tinley Park, IL
2017 - Maryland Heights, MO
2017 - Wrigley Field
2018 - Wrigley Field
tropicalmindset

Just saw this on FB.

Think it's safe to say that worrying about DMB taking the last show at Alpine is not going to happen since neither Zac Brown or DMB is playing in Tinley Park this year
Attachments
tinley.JPG
tinley.JPG (79.34 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley