Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Alpine Reopening

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 19

Re: Alpine Reopening

Post by nckodo » February 28, 2018 10:30 am

WOW!

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 10:33 am

Just a thought...

Maybe Jimmy is pressuring the Cubs to get them sold so he can announce Alpine?

Just a thought, could be way off though
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » February 28, 2018 10:45 am

Maybe Wrigley not selling is a sign of the times. Fenway isn't selling either. When a quarter or more of the set list at almost every show is cover tunes, it could be that people are tired of seeing what's rapidly becoming a lounge act. I became a Jimmy Buffett fan because I like Jimmy Buffett music. If I wanted to hear other peoples' songs, I'd go to other peoples' shows.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 10:48 am

That is also very true. Ticket prices going up this year for a yellow album concert with covers will drive away true fans
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

wiscoleeds1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 » February 28, 2018 10:54 am

LIPH wrote:
February 28, 2018 10:45 am
Maybe Wrigley not selling is a sign of the times. Fenway isn't selling either. When a quarter or more of the set list at almost every show is cover tunes, it could be that people are tired of seeing what's rapidly becoming a lounge act. I became a Jimmy Buffett fan because I like Jimmy Buffett music. If I wanted to hear other peoples' songs, I'd go to other peoples' shows.
I think when you can't host or accommodate buses full of parrotheads and carpool folks that arrive and want to set up tiki bars, popups and all sorts of elaborate tailgating accoutrements then it's hard to sell tickets. Our group of 20 plus has no interest in Wrigley but are all in for Alpine Valley. How many more AV attendees are like us? And can he replace our ticket sales with folks that want to see Jimmy at Wrigley without any true Buffett "experience"...for a second year in a row?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 » February 28, 2018 11:14 am

wiscoleeds1 wrote:
February 28, 2018 10:54 am
LIPH wrote:
I think when you can't host or accommodate buses full of parrotheads and carpool folks that arrive and want to set up tiki bars, popups and all sorts of elaborate tailgating accoutrements then it's hard to sell tickets. Our group of 20 plus has no interest in Wrigley but are all in for Alpine Valley. How many more AV attendees are like us? And can he replace our ticket sales with folks that want to see Jimmy at Wrigley without any true Buffett "experience"...for a second year in a row?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Come over to the Wrigley thread. I was largely shouted down for saying pretty much the same thing as you just did.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona » February 28, 2018 11:15 am

tropicalmindset wrote:
February 28, 2018 10:16 am
Wrigley is not selling at all.

They now added a "4 Pack" ticket option. 4 tickets for just under $25 a piece.
They've done this before at Comerica Park (home of the Tigers) in Detroit previously.
I will say at least there the Tailgating was still a viable thing to do, just spread out over many many blocks. I suppose if they're able to sell 15-20k seats at the "higher regular prices", then if they drop another 10-15k at discounted prices it's still a win for Promoter.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 11:18 am

Dr.Corona wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:15 am
tropicalmindset wrote:

They've done this before at Comerica Park (home of the Tigers) in Detroit previously.
I will say at least there the Tailgating was still a viable thing to do, just spread out over many many blocks. I suppose if they're able to sell 15-20k seats at the "higher regular prices", then if they drop another 10-15k at discounted prices it's still a win for Promoter.
I was just shocked to see that, considering last year they did not need to do this.

Did Comerica Park sell out or get near sold out when they did this?
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by PeoriaTom » February 28, 2018 11:55 am

boatdrinks84 wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:14 am
wiscoleeds1 wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Come over to the Wrigley thread. I was largely shouted down for saying pretty much the same thing as you just did.
I don't know if you really got shouted down, dude ... but some Parrotheads (like me) are resigned to Wrigley and have our plans and get kinda bummed when some of you guys just trash it daily all in the name of wanting Alpine. No real grand point here ... it's just a buzkill and annoying.
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 » February 28, 2018 12:53 pm

PeoriaTom wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:55 am
boatdrinks84 wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:14 am
wiscoleeds1 wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
I don't know if you really got shouted down, dude ... but some Parrotheads (like me) are resigned to Wrigley and have our plans and get kinda bummed when some of you guys just trash it daily all in the name of wanting Alpine. No real grand point here ... it's just a buzkill and annoying.
Sure, but couldn’t I say the exact same thing? People who love Alpine are bummed too, because the tailgating is some of the best and the venue is awesome, and it may get skipped for the second consecutive year.

Like I’ve said before, I sincerely hope that the people attending have a blast, but it’s all personal preference. Wrigley isn’t the show for me. It’s not the show for tailgaters and it’s definitely not the show for people who love Alpine. But it’s a great show for some people.

We both want to have a good time. The difference is you’re definitely getting the show that you want.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum » February 28, 2018 1:48 pm

PeoriaTom wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:55 am

Then stop clicking on the Alpine Valley thread.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 » February 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Do you people just go to show's for the get together before? is the show is just a added bonus? If you want to go party so bad in Alpines parking lot why not buy Zac Brown or Dead and CO tickets.

You all need to know how the whole dedication thing works.

A couple of things first off it is not tailgating it is called the parking lot scene. Tailgating is something you do before a football game.

2nd supply and demand, you sell out the first announced shows quickly then you get more shows and the Privilege of seeing a show at Alpine.

You can not use the 8 year old mentality if I do not get what routine

Deadheads who made the whole parking lot scene before shows are laughing at the little dedication to the music most parro heads have and calling it tailgating.

Hello, hello, anybody home think McFly think.

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 1:55 pm

AlwaysRight00 wrote:
February 28, 2018 1:48 pm
Do you people just go to show's for the get together before? is the show is just a added bonus? If you want to go party so bad in Alpines parking lot why not buy Zac Brown or Dead and CO tickets.

A couple of things first off it is not tailgating it is called the parking lot scene. Tailgating is something you do before a football game.

2nd supply and demand, you sell out the first announced shows quickly then you get more shows and the Privilege of seeing a show at Alpine.

Deadheads who made the whole parking lot scene before shows are laughing at the little dedication to the music most parro heads have and calling it tailgating.

Please go be a troll somewhere else. Clearly not a true Buffett fan.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona » February 28, 2018 2:11 pm

tropicalmindset wrote:
February 28, 2018 11:18 am
Dr.Corona wrote:
tropicalmindset wrote:

I was just shocked to see that, considering last year they did not need to do this.

Can't speak to the fact of how close it came to selling out. I seriously doubted it. I do know we sat at the top of the lower level in behind home plate. You're talking a good 300+ feet away from the stage. $25 to essentially watch the big screens! :o Can't recall how much the upper deck filled.

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Dr.Corona wrote:
February 28, 2018 2:11 pm
tropicalmindset wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
tropicalmindset wrote:

Can't speak to the fact of how close it came to selling out. I seriously doubted it. I do know we sat at the top of the lower level in behind home plate. You're talking a good 300+ feet away from the stage. $25 to essentially watch the big screens! :o Can't recall how much the upper deck filled.
In my opinion, that's why I don't really care for Stadium shows too much unless I get seats on the floor/field.

Last year, I went to the Wrigley show, sat in the 4th row of the Field Z and could see Jimmy just fine. However, other shows I've gone to at Wrigley I've had to watch the screens when I sat in regular Grandstand seats.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

wiscoleeds1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 » February 28, 2018 2:24 pm

AlwaysRight00 wrote:
February 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Your board name makes me laugh.
And I do have tickets for Zac Brown, thanks for inquiring.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds

Finzup16
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 » February 28, 2018 3:11 pm

LIPH wrote:
I MOSTLY agree with that. Please Lord may i never hear BEG again. The reason i agree only about 95% and not 100% is because when he goes 'obscure' its usually pretty cool. In Nashville he did Lawyers, Guns and Money and that was a great surprise. But the overdone Southern Cross, 5oClock Somewhere etc... etc...really needs to be replaced with those '10 years or more' songs (all IMHO)

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » February 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Finzup16 wrote:
February 28, 2018 3:11 pm
LIPH wrote:
I MOSTLY agree with that. Please Lord may i never hear BEG again. The reason i agree only about 95% and not 100% is because when he goes 'obscure' its usually pretty cool. In Nashville he did Lawyers, Guns and Money and that was a great surprise. But the overdone Southern Cross, 5oClock Somewhere etc... etc...really needs to be replaced with those '10 years or more' songs (all IMHO)
I've seen Van Morrison in concert, Buffett should never do Brown Eye Girl again.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Finzup16
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 » February 28, 2018 4:51 pm

LIPH wrote:
February 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Finzup16 wrote:
February 28, 2018 3:11 pm
LIPH wrote:
I've seen Van Morrison in concert, Buffett should never do Brown Eye Girl again.
I have ZERO knowledge of how 'the business' works but i often wonder if the original artists get a cut every time a 'Buffett' does a song. Maybe he does it to help support the guys that dont play much anymore.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Dr.Corona » February 28, 2018 7:49 pm

tropicalmindset wrote:
February 28, 2018 2:20 pm
Dr.Corona wrote:
February 28, 2018 2:11 pm
tropicalmindset wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
tropicalmindset wrote:

In my opinion, that's why I don't really care for Stadium shows too much unless I get seats on the floor/field.

Last year, I went to the Wrigley show, sat in the 4th row of the Field Z and could see Jimmy just fine. However, other shows I've gone to at Wrigley I've had to watch the screens when I sat in regular Grandstand seats.
John Fogerty was the opener so big screen viewing or not the show was worth the $$