Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Alpine Reopening

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Knowsall
Favorite Buffett Song: Only Time Will Tell
Number of Concerts: 15

Re: Alpine Reopening

Post by Knowsall » February 9, 2018 4:08 am

Sell Out Wrigley, and maybe a Alpine Show will happen If not protest to Buffet that Parrots heads and just about 95% of concert goers prefer Amphitheaters over Stadiums,ballparks and arenas. Parrot Heads are Just not as intelligent as Dead Heads and sell out all shows to make more shows happen

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG » February 9, 2018 9:49 am

Knowsall wrote:
February 9, 2018 4:08 am
Sell Out Wrigley, and maybe a Alpine Show will happen If not protest to Buffet that Parrots heads and just about 95% of concert goers prefer Amphitheaters over Stadiums,ballparks and arenas. Parrot Heads are Just not as intelligent as Dead Heads and sell out all shows to make more shows happen
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Uh, it's BuffetT...
And do you have scientific research that Dead Heads are more intelligent than Parrotheads?? :o

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset » February 9, 2018 9:53 am

SMLCHNG wrote:
February 9, 2018 9:49 am
Knowsall wrote:
February 9, 2018 4:08 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Uh, it's BuffetT...
And do you have scientific research that Dead Heads are more intelligent than Parrotheads?? :o

This is getting quite comical. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley

PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by PeoriaTom » February 9, 2018 1:18 pm

I totally respect wanting to see Jimmy at Alpine over Wrigley. I was bummed myself. However, it would be a real shame if Parrotheads can't pack Wrigley again. :(
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango

Post by tropicalmindset » February 9, 2018 1:25 pm

PeoriaTom wrote:
February 9, 2018 1:18 pm
I totally respect wanting to see Jimmy at Alpine over Wrigley. I was bummed myself. However, it would be a real shame if Parrotheads can't pack Wrigley again. :(
He won't sell out Wrigley again. It's a Friday night, and very busy weekend in Chicago. Last time (about 5 min ago) there were still decent field seats left when Pre-Sales started over a week ago
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 » February 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Just for reference, the 9/3/2016 show was officially announced on April 9th of that year.

parrothappy
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Biloxi, Door Number 3, City of New Orleans
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita, of course

Post by parrothappy » February 14, 2018 1:35 pm

A few observations about the 2018 summer concert tour.....

As of this morning, no shows have been announced for Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, St. Louis or Kansas City. These have always been mainstay locations (particularly Cincinnati) in the past for Jimmy. His only show after Wrigley is on August 4 so that leaves the last weeks in July and August available for scheduling other Midwestern dates. He doesn't head for Paris until late September. It seems that he is holding off on announcing ANY other Midwestern dates until they see how the Minneapolis date with the Eagles (June 30) and Wrigley (July 13) sell. He may have an agreement that a certain percentage of each of those venues' total seats be sold before he announces other dates in the area.

It goes without saying that Alpine Valley is my all time favorite venue to see any artist. I hope like hell we get a show for two reasons: 1) It is a superior venue to Wrigley with the tailgating and beautiful valley and 2) It would help solidify Live Nation's decision to open Alpine for the 2018 season.

That being said, my wife and I are skipping Wrigley this year (we attended all three of Jimmy's previous concerts - two in 2005 and one in 2017) mainly because we bought tickets to see him in Minneapolis with the Eagles on June 30. We just couldn't pass up that opportunity and had considered Denver if we couldn't get any good seats at Minneapolis. We would definitely purchase tickets to see him at Alpine, no question about that. I suspect Minneapolis will syphon-off Wisconsin, Iowa and other surrounding state Parrotheads because of the Eagles being involved. This could potentially hurt an Alpine date also.

Jimmy has in recent years, based himself in Chicago and traveled out to the surround venues within a several hundred mile radius. Unless he announces Cincinnati, Pine Knob, Deer Creek (I know I am using some of the "old' venue names) and others around the Wrigley date, this will be a rather significant change in his normal scheduling.

As for Jimmy's ability to draw fans, the base has grown older but I think that the price of a ticket has done more to reduce the fans coming out to see him and many other acts. Jimmy broadcasting all shows on the radio and some of them on Margaritaville TV has also allowed fans to get their "fix" without spending any money and not having to hassle with the crowds and a possible DUI if they party a little too long and hard. Personally, in the case of Alpine, I love the drive to Wisconsin, the energy of the tailgating crowd, meeting new friends who just happen to be parked next to us in the lot, sharing food and drink and even the challenge to get out of the parking lot in a reasonable amount of time.

As I love Alpine and Jimmy, I will try to keep a positive attitude that we will get a show there this year. If not, then the Minneapolis show (which I expect to be epic) will suffice for my fix this summer. I think I will have a party on the deck with a big cookout on July 13 with my neighbors enjoying (?) the show from my cranked up speakers.

Parrothappy :D
"The 4th of July, alright. Happy Birthday America. How much beer do you think was drunk in America today......two six-packs...three?"

Jimmy on July 4th, 1980 in Minneapolis

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » February 14, 2018 2:23 pm

parrothappy wrote:
February 14, 2018 1:35 pm

As of this morning, no shows have been announced for Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, St. Louis or Kansas City. These have always been mainstay locations (particularly Cincinnati) in the past for Jimmy.
He's playing Pittsburgh this summer, the show was announced last week. When did Kansas City become a "mainstay" location?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Whellya88
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Nibblin' on Spongecake
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Manhattan

Post by Whellya88 » February 15, 2018 11:50 am

I went to Wrigley last year and had a pretty good time. I hadn’t had the opportunity to see him there in 2005. Jimmy is a Cubs fan and getting to see him there after the Cubs won the Series was a fun experience. I missed the tailgating, but also enjoyed the show. Beers are expensive at both locations and I’m paying for a place to stay whether at Alpine or Wrigley. With Alpine closed for the year it was nice to have the concert there. That said, I’m probably not going to see him at Wrigley this year. It has nothing to do with it being at that location or it being on a Friday, I just want to see him at Alpine again one more time. I’m holding out hope he makes an announcement in late March or early April after Wrigley sales have gone on awhile. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if he passed on Alpine. Last show he had there on Labor Day certainly impacted sales, but I’ve felt like the past few shows have had a dip in attendance. Maybe it’s just me but it also seemed like way more people came for the tailgating last time and just stayed in the parking lot for the show. Instead of buying a ticket just walk around drinking their own (cheaper) beer and listen to the music echoing up the hill. I know that’s always common during the opening act, but last show it seemed like way more people stayed up top and the lawn was a lot emptier. I know a few people on the bus I was on did that at least. I’d rather go for the show than the party, but some fans prefer it the other way. I’m hoping Jimmy plays an Alpine show again, but if he’s worried about attendence figures because of prior shows it wouldn’t surprise me if he passed this year. Here’s hoping though!

parrothappy
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Biloxi, Door Number 3, City of New Orleans
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita, of course

Post by parrothappy » February 15, 2018 8:09 pm

LIPH wrote:
February 14, 2018 2:23 pm
parrothappy wrote:
February 14, 2018 1:35 pm

As of this morning, no shows have been announced for Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, St. Louis or Kansas City. These have always been mainstay locations (particularly Cincinnati) in the past for Jimmy.
He's playing Pittsburgh this summer, the show was announced last week. When did Kansas City become a "mainstay" location?
He played Kansas City in 2011, 2012 and 2015 in recent years. Sorry for using the word "mainstay" as it does meet your criteria.

Parrothappy
"The 4th of July, alright. Happy Birthday America. How much beer do you think was drunk in America today......two six-packs...three?"

Jimmy on July 4th, 1980 in Minneapolis

wiscoleeds1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 » February 20, 2018 10:47 am

Any more scuttlebutt?
I see someone posted info about a Des Moines show.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 20, 2018 12:40 pm

I just messaged Alpine on Facebook, asking if there was at least any plans. Will post their reply, if any.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 22, 2018 10:08 am

tropicalmindset wrote:
February 20, 2018 12:40 pm
I just messaged Alpine on Facebook, asking if there was at least any plans. Will post their reply, if any.
No reply yet. Message hasn't even been read by anyone there.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

wiscoleeds1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by wiscoleeds1 » February 22, 2018 10:27 am

I’m still PRAYING for Alpine. The second leg of the tour (August-Labor Day) still only has two shows:
Saturday, August 4th-Virginia
Thursday, August 9th- Boston
That leaves the following Saturday’s open:
August 11th-Although Zac Brown is at Alpine that weekend
August 18th
August 25th
September 1st
In the upper Midwest Kansas City, Chicago, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Des Moines, Ohio and Pittsburgh are all on the schedule already. That leaves Alpine and the Detroit area…
Yes, I am trying to rationalize against the Wrigley date and convince myself that we will all be at Alpine Valley this summer to see Jimmy.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 22, 2018 10:31 am

wiscoleeds1 wrote:
February 22, 2018 10:27 am
I’m still PRAYING for Alpine. The second leg of the tour (August-Labor Day) still only has two shows:
Saturday, August 4th-Virginia
Thursday, August 9th- Boston
That leaves the following Saturday’s open:
August 11th-Although Zac Brown is at Alpine that weekend
August 18th
August 25th
September 1st
In the upper Midwest Kansas City, Chicago, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Des Moines, Ohio and Pittsburgh are all on the schedule already. That leaves Alpine and the Detroit area…
Yes, I am trying to rationalize against the Wrigley date and convince myself that we will all be at Alpine Valley this summer to see Jimmy.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
I have to imagine that there will be plenty more shows added. BUT, if we have to wait until a certain amount of Wrigley tickets are sold, that could be awhile. As of this morning you could still get field seats. All the way in the back, but that just tells me that the Wrigley hype passed, or most people are trying to hold off to see if we get Alpine or not
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 22, 2018 10:52 am

Also, if you call the Box office at Alpine, and press the button for the concert schedule, they say "The following shows have been announced so far..." indicating that there will be another concert announcement for the season
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 » February 22, 2018 10:52 am

Recently he has been doing just over 30 dates per year. 21 dates have been announced so far for this year.

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 22, 2018 11:18 am

Just got this email from AV

Hi Justin:

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on anything that is not officially announced.

AVMT

To me this sounds like a confirmation of JB plans without actually saying yes or no... what do you guys think?
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

tropicalmindset
I have found me a home

Post by tropicalmindset » February 28, 2018 10:16 am

Wrigley is not selling at all.

They now added a "4 Pack" ticket option. 4 tickets for just under $25 a piece.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley

wiscoleeds1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by wiscoleeds1 » February 28, 2018 10:26 am

Come on all your FIBS support your local venue!
Cheers
Wiscoleeds