The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by BottleofRum »

My season ticket rep Katie called me yesterday trying to get me to upgrade my Red sox season tickets. I told her i was all set with my seats for this season. I asked about Buffett and she said we have plenty of tickets if I was interested. I asked f they had field seats in section A and she said 60%-70% of the field seats in section B and C are available as of now and some in sec A but not many.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

I said it before and I'll say it again...Meadowbrook would sell out in a hot minute.

He could do two nights there and both would. I realize that's more work for him but nothing beats the energy of a crowd that really wants to be there and be all together.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

HulaGirlatHeart1981
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colada

Post by HulaGirlatHeart1981 »

We're going to Fenway! I was really excited as we got decent field seats. I was so excited when we got the pre sale code and just jumped on them. I'm getting more and more disappointed after reading stuff on FB and here. Is it REALLY that bad? We've been to Great Woods, Camden , Jones Beach, all great venues , but wanted to try somewhere different. Please tell me we didn't make a mistake?
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by PeoriaTom »

HulaGirlatHeart1981 wrote: March 20, 2018 5:00 pm We're going to Fenway! I was really excited as we got decent field seats. I was so excited when we got the pre sale code and just jumped on them. I'm getting more and more disappointed after reading stuff on FB and here. Is it REALLY that bad? We've been to Great Woods, Camden , Jones Beach, all great venues , but wanted to try somewhere different. Please tell me we didn't make a mistake?
Never been to a Fenway show, but I had tons of fun at Wrigley last year. Goin' back this year!! Not saying I prefer stadium shows over the amphitheaters (quite the opposite), but I'd have fun seeing Jimmy anywhere!
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

HulaGirlatHeart1981 wrote: March 20, 2018 5:00 pm We're going to Fenway! I was really excited as we got decent field seats. I was so excited when we got the pre sale code and just jumped on them. I'm getting more and more disappointed after reading stuff on FB and here. Is it REALLY that bad? We've been to Great Woods, Camden , Jones Beach, all great venues , but wanted to try somewhere different. Please tell me we didn't make a mistake?
Your going to have a MAJOR BLAST..... Is it the Parrothead party we all look forward to each year? No.... Am I glad I get to do Jones Beach instead YES
I see why many people are disappointed in the venue and I would be too if I didn't have an alternative
But I've been to stadiums for Jimmy (never Fenway though) indoor shows and did NYE In a FREEZING FREEZING FREEZING city of Nashville

Trust me You and your crew are going to have a great time
!!!!
Enjoy the show
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

You will have a great time! 2004 was legendary. Still one of my biggest regrets not going. I wouldn't go this year but it's the one week this summer I have to work. Enjoy!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

You'll have fun, there is no tailgating and the bars in that area are expensive and will have lines to get in so if you're planing on going to a bar before hand get in a early as you can. We had a ton of fun at the 2 shows in 2004 and I'm sure they have fixed/adjusted the sound quality since then. There will be plenty of fans there but it will be a a completely different experience than Great Woods.
Last edited by BottleofRum on March 22, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
HulaGirlatHeart1981
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colada

Post by HulaGirlatHeart1981 »

THANK YOU THANKYOU! I feel a little bit better now! I know any Jimmy show is ALWAYS a blast, but I was getting nervous! haha
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I had a great time at the Fenway show in 2004. The only bad thing was I went to the Sunday show and because of work obligations I couldn't get Monday off so I had to drive home to Long Island from Boston Sunday night after the show.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I went to the 1st Fenway Show in 2004. Had a great time. I'll be back this year , because it's the only date that works for me this year. Pat you should of asked where in the A'S out of curiosity. Is that to Season ticket holders only?
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

^^^
I don't think it was season ticket specific. There was a pre-sale already for season ticket holders so any tickets she mentioned to me are almost certainly open to the public. She has been contacting me for about 2 weeks trying to get me to upgrade my Red Sox tickets and I have been ignoring her emails while trying to decide if it was worth the extra cost. Finally she called and got me on the phone. I felt bad saying I wasn't interested so I asked about Buffett to change the pace of the conversation. I am not sure if she knows the exact locations because she just the account rep for a portion of season ticket holders. When I asked about Buffett she there were plenty of field seats in B and C and a few in A if I was interested she could look into it more but she didn't sound like she knew the exact seat locations.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 22, 2018 10:59 am ^^^
I don't think it was season ticket specific. There was a pre-sale already for season ticket holders so any tickets she mentioned to me are almost certainly open to the public. She has been contacting me for about 2 weeks trying to get me to upgrade my Red Sox tickets and I have been ignoring her emails while trying to decide if it was worth the extra cost. Finally she called and got me on the phone. I felt bad saying I wasn't interested so I asked about Buffett to change the pace of the conversation. I am not sure if she knows the exact locations because she just the account rep for a portion of season ticket holders. When I asked about Buffett she there were plenty of field seats in B and C and a few in A if I was interested she could look into it more but she didn't sound like she knew the exact seat locations.
The A's are probably Platinum seating pricing... i just pulled up a Sec A3 Row 1 for 1500.00. My 4 dollar winner , on Powerball , the other day , won't cover it. For regular tickets B6 Row 12 came up.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

TommyBahama wrote: March 22, 2018 1:23 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 22, 2018 10:59 am ^^^
The A's are probably Platinum seating pricing... i just pulled up a Sec A3 Row 1 for 1500.00. My 4 dollar winner , on Powerball , the other day , won't cover it. For regular tickets B6 Row 12 came up.
1,500?!? Holy Smokes.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

GW is out for 8/11, Brad Paisley has that date.

Darlings and Meadowbrook both still open for 8/11.

BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Fenway Park announced today an unnamed concert that was suppose to take place on Saturday, June 16 has been canceled so they moved the ZBB concert at Fenway from Thursday, June 14 to the 16th.

Completely non- Buffett related but just an FYI in case any of you are going to see ZBB the show was moved to a new date.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 26, 2018 11:03 am Fenway Park announced today an unnamed concert that was suppose to take place on Saturday, June 16 has been canceled so they moved the ZBB concert at Fenway from Thursday, June 14 to the 16th.

Completely non- Buffett related but just an FYI in case any of you are going to see ZBB the show was moved to a new date.
I wonder if that was a help Possible Buffett Date , before he announced the Aug 9th.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

tailgaitingph wrote: March 11, 2018 3:23 pm
lime rickie wrote: March 11, 2018 9:21 am GW, Meadowbrook and Darlings are all still open on Sat 8/11.
Works for me :lol:
HHHMMMMM!
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

lime rickie wrote: March 20, 2018 3:17 pm I said it before and I'll say it again...Meadowbrook would sell out in a hot minute.

He could do two nights there and both would. I realize that's more work for him but nothing beats the energy of a crowd that really wants to be there and be all together.
I'm still holding on to a little hope that he would add another show to NE. Meadowbrook would be awesome and would sell out very quickly. I think their max attendance is 9,000.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tigzoe wrote: April 2, 2018 2:15 am
lime rickie wrote: March 20, 2018 3:17 pm I said it before and I'll say it again...Meadowbrook would sell out in a hot minute.

I'm still holding on to a little hope that he would add another show to NE. Meadowbrook would be awesome and would sell out very quickly. I think their max attendance is 9,000.

Meadowbrook and Darlings both still open for 8/11.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Pretty late in the year to not hear about any other NE show.

Meadowbrook is still open, Jimmy! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]