Got a carribean soul I can barely control
ThreeQuarterTime
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Re: Detroit 2018

Post by ThreeQuarterTime »

Heck yea! Anyone have any inside scoop?!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

crickets..................
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

I would totally be up to doing this as long as it is after June. I have some stuff going on earlier which will get in the way before then. Although I would most likely do what I can to make it happen.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

DizzyDean
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

I hope that it is a Saturday this year, had to throw out lots of booze last year, due to late entry I didn't give it all away. And I am only allowed to bring sealed bottles home.

Does anyone know where is might be? Seems that he is playing stadiums this year. Wrigley, Fenway, instead of amphitheatres. I know that the DTE contract expired. Does this mean a trip back to Comerica?

I need a date that is later in the week as I only have a couple of vacations days left this year.

Let's hope for some whispers or more soon.
Yes I am a Image
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

So last year the Mitch Albom Radiothon tipped off the 2017 concert. Seems they auctioned off one again in December :) Now the question is when and where!

https://www.mitchalbomradiothon.com/index.php
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

I could see July 10th being a possibility after the Pittsburgh show, with the Wrigley show to follow. That is if there is something worked out again with DTE.

If not, it's a complete guessing game.
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

As aggressive as Olympia Entertainment has been in the concert scene since opening LCA I have wouldn't be surprised if they try to get into play with JB again.
While I don't prefer it, the tailgating scene in downtown Detroit did seem to work. But the second Comerica show didn't have the draw until they severely discounted tickets.
I could foresee a bidding battle between Little Caesars Arena & DTE............
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Agreed. Tom Wilson is a big fan of securing Buffett. I could see Comerica being logical at that time, too. I had predicted a winter LCA show this year, but nope. No matter where it is, I’m ready.
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

Gores and the ilitch family combined forces when lca was built.

There is no pse or Olympia entertainment anymore.

It's just one big 313entertsinment now.

If there is a show it will be pine knob. It could possibly be at Comerica but I severely doubt it as other stadium shows have been announced or will be for there soon.

No other venue would work. West riverfront is only going to have small festivals going forward. Meadowbrook and freedom hill are to small. Ford controls for field and the palace is going to be demolished.

Lca won't hold summer concerts other than pop artists
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Oh my...it looks like we may be in the May leg :o

Please July or August..someway..somehow..
DizzyDean
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

Looks like Sat June 9th is the going favourite out there right now.
Yes I am a Image
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: February 15, 2018 7:32 am Gores and the ilitch family combined forces when lca was built.

There is no pse or Olympia entertainment anymore.

It's just one big 313entertsinment now.

If there is a show it will be pine knob. It could possibly be at Comerica but I severely doubt it as other stadium shows have been announced or will be for there soon.

No other venue would work. West riverfront is only going to have small festivals going forward. Meadowbrook and freedom hill are to small. Ford controls for field and the palace is going to be demolished.

Lca won't hold summer concerts other than pop artists
Was not aware they "joined forces" Thought Gores was just a tenant with perks at LCA. Thanks for the input Jason.
That said, still wouldn't be surprised if 313 is "testing the waters" with JB & his people regarding a show at the LCA. They've got ELO, Smashing Pumpkins, Hall & Oates, Shania Twain....all during what could be termed as the "Summer Outdoor Shed" season. Would I be surprised if LCA gets the nod over PK.....no doubt. But Jimmy seems to enjoy bouncing around...exploring different opportunities so who knows. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Just a thought..

It’d be logical to think July 3rd is a good possibility. He is playing with the Eagles in Colorado on June 28, Minneapolis on June 30th, and then Camden on July 5th. As he moves east that leaves Tuesday, July 3rd wide open in between Minneapolis and Camden.
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

I received a message from DTE stating they “have no booking at this time, but check back for updates”.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

With Jimmy going ahead & booking a number of Arenas lately still think Little Caesars is possibly pushing for a show.......
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Very possible, with LCA.

More so, I've been trying like crazy to focus in on a date. Here's where we're at thus far:

May leg -
Sat, May 19th - Kansas City
Tue, May 22nd - Des Moines
Thurs, May 24th - Indy
Sun, May 27th - Cleveland
((It looks like May is out, which is fine, unless he went back to back nights and played Sat, May 26th))

June/July legs -
Sat, June 23rd - Seattle
Tue, June 26th - OPEN (likely another west coast date)
Thurs, June 28th - Denver
Saturday, June 30th - Minneapolis
Tue, July 3rd - OPEN
Thurs, July 5th - Camden
Sat, July 7th - Pittsburgh
Tue, July 10th - Cincinnati
Fri, July 13th - Chicago

August leg -
Sat, Aug 4th - Bristow
Tue, Aug 7th - OPEN
Thurs, Aug 9th - Boston
Sat, Aug 11th - OPEN

Therefore...

If we make the cut, at this point I could see July 3rd or the two August dates being most logical, unless there's a curve ball date thrown in, such as a late August leg. I assume he's also playing Jones Beach for one of the two open August shows? There are no shows scheduled at DTE for 7/3, 8/4, or 8/11 as of now. LCA is open 7/3 and 8/11. Comerica would be possible for 8/4 with the Tigers on the road and enough time for set up and tear down.

Oh well, who knows, it's fun to think?!
bralph
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by bralph »

When is the last time he didn't play Detroit? I have to believe there will be one, but put me in the camp of only interested in DTE. LCA is fine for concerts, but to me Buffett is an outdoor summer show. I've seen him inside before, and it was fine, but if given the choice of LCA or travelling to Cincy or Cleveland for an outdoor show, I will choose the latter. Also, I've done the stadium shows a few times now (Comerica and Wrigley), and again I would prefer to travel to a "regular" outdoor venue than a nearby stadium show.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Finnsaremorefun wrote: February 21, 2018 2:57 pm Very possible, with LCA.

More so, I've been trying like crazy to focus in on a date. Here's where we're at thus far:

May leg -
Thurs, May 24th - Indy
((It looks like May is out, which is fine, unless he went back to back nights and played Sat, May 26th))

June/July legs -
Sat, June 23rd - Seattle
Tue, July 3rd - OPEN
Thurs, July 5th - Camden
Fri, July 13th - Chicago

August leg -
Sat, Aug 4th - Bristow
Tue, Aug 7th - OPEN
Thurs, Aug 9th - Boston
Sat, Aug 11th - OPEN

Therefore...

If we make the cut, at this point I could see July 3rd or the two August dates being most logical, unless there's a curve ball date thrown in, such as a late August leg. I assume he's also playing Jones Beach for one of the two open August shows? There are no shows scheduled at DTE for 7/3, 8/4, or 8/11 as of now. LCA is open 7/3 and 8/11. Comerica would be possible for 8/4 with the Tigers on the road and enough time for set up and tear down.

A July 3 date basically promoting a "holiday" show is interesting. Although not sure about having to deal with firework happy idiots while tailgating or after the show! [smilie=gunhappyyank.gif] Independence Day as a "recuperation" day would be a nice touch though!

An add on to your scenario is that on the dates you've mentioned there are currently no shows at any of the other "311" venues owned by Gores or Ilitch on those nights other than a Tiger home game on 8/11. So the competition is lean for those 3 dates.

Having said ALL THAT....would be shocked if that July 3 date stays open, so it MUST be going to somebody :o So who ya gonna call for that coveted spot???? The Fargo Dome? Winnipeg? Toronto? Outside shot for St. Louis or "Woodstock" I guess...Gotta admit it sets up nicely for us IMO.
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Dr.Corona wrote: February 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Finnsaremorefun wrote: February 21, 2018 2:57 pm Very possible, with LCA.

May leg -
Thurs, May 24th - Indy

June/July legs -
Sat, June 23rd - Seattle
Tue, July 3rd - OPEN
Thurs, July 5th - Camden
Fri, July 13th - Chicago

August leg -
Sat, Aug 4th - Bristow
Tue, Aug 7th - OPEN
Thurs, Aug 9th - Boston
Sat, Aug 11th - OPEN

Therefore...

A July 3 date basically promoting a "holiday" show is interesting. Although not sure about having to deal with firework happy idiots while tailgating or after the show! [smilie=gunhappyyank.gif] Independence Day as a "recuperation" day would be a nice touch though!

An add on to your scenario is that on the dates you've mentioned there are currently no shows at any of the other "311" venues owned by Gores or Ilitch on those nights other than a Tiger home game on 8/11. So the competition is lean for those 3 dates.

Having said ALL THAT....would be shocked if that July 3 date stays open, so it MUST be going to somebody :o So who ya gonna call for that coveted spot???? The Fargo Dome? Winnipeg? Toronto? Outside shot for St. Louis or "Woodstock" I guess...Gotta admit it sets up nicely for us IMO.
I like our chances for the 3rd. Especially because we’re kind of the midpoint between the Minneapolis and Camden show. I think that’d be a lot of fun no matter where it’s at.