Moderator: SMLCHNG

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Re: Wrigley Field 2018

Post by boatdrinks84 »

opharbour wrote: January 31, 2018 2:45 pm Yes. Plenty of 4th row Center "Platinum" tickets available at $750 per.

Please. No pushing or shoving.
$750 plus no tailgating allowed. What a deal!
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by PeoriaTom »

This board is awfully negative for Parrotheads. :) No tailgating sucks, but Jimmy clearly views playing at Wrigley as a dream come true. I went last year, and the atmosphere was special. Don't wanna go? Don't! My crew and I and tens of thousands of other Parrotheads will have an epic time without ya!
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home

Post by boatdrinks84 »

PeoriaTom wrote: February 17, 2018 6:32 pm This board is awfully negative for Parrotheads. :) No tailgating sucks, but Jimmy clearly views playing at Wrigley as a dream come true. I went last year, and the atmosphere was special. Don't wanna go? Don't! My crew and I and tens of thousands of other Parrotheads will have an epic time without ya!
If your definition of an “epic time” is no tailgating, super high ticket prices to sit five miles away from the stage, abysmal audio, bars that are impossible to get into, and a majority of the crowd paying all of their attention to Snapchat selfies, then Wrigley is definitely the dream show for you.

Last I checked, a lot of the Bostonians felt the same way about the upcoming Fenway show.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

PeoriaTom wrote: February 17, 2018 6:32 pm This board is awfully negative for Parrotheads. :) No tailgating sucks, but Jimmy clearly views playing at Wrigley as a dream come true.
But how many times can that dream come true?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

boatdrinks84 wrote: February 17, 2018 10:11 pm
PeoriaTom wrote: February 17, 2018 6:32 pm This board is awfully negative for Parrotheads. :) No tailgating sucks, but Jimmy clearly views playing at Wrigley as a dream come true. I went last year, and the atmosphere was special. Don't wanna go? Don't! My crew and I and tens of thousands of other Parrotheads will have an epic time without ya!
If your definition of an “epic time” is no tailgating, super high ticket prices to sit five miles away from the stage, abysmal audio, bars that are impossible to get into, and a majority of the crowd paying all of their attention to Snapchat selfies, then Wrigley is definitely the dream show for you.

Last I checked, a lot of the Bostonians felt the same way about the upcoming Fenway show.
Couldn't agree more with PeoriaTom! Went last year (celebrated my 30th show in CF). We made a weekend of it, with highlight being in Wrigley for Jimmy. The concert was fantastic! Sure no tailgating sucked, but hardly took away from the day. We posted up at The Cubby Bear at Noon & enjoyed the experience with a few thousand others in there. We pushed tables together, made new PHriend, told stories, laughed a lot, drank more, and loved getting to hear others Jimmy memories. Probably spent a few more $$ at The Cubby Bear - but so what.

The whole thing is what you make it. Want to b**** & moan about the tour stops or prices. Pretty simple - don't go. But stop ruining it for those that still celebrate Jimmy. I for one will take it as long as we can. Fins Up!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home

Post by boatdrinks84 »

C4Parrothead wrote: February 18, 2018 10:58 am

Couldn't agree more with PeoriaTom! Went last year (celebrated my 30th show in CF). We made a weekend of it, with highlight being in Wrigley for Jimmy. The concert was fantastic! Sure no tailgating sucked, but hardly took away from the day. We posted up at The Cubby Bear at Noon & enjoyed the experience with a few thousand others in there. We pushed tables together, made new PHriend, told stories, laughed a lot, drank more, and loved getting to hear others Jimmy memories. Probably spent a few more $$ at The Cubby Bear - but so what.

The whole thing is what you make it. Want to b**** & moan about the tour stops or prices. Pretty simple - don't go. But stop ruining it for those that still celebrate Jimmy. I for one will take it as long as we can. Fins Up!
That’s good, you should enjoy doing that again in July. I’d rather pull a beer out of my own cooler at the back of my trunk whenever I feel like it and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of a tailgate lot than wait 20 minutes for a stale can of PBR at an overcrowded Wrigleyville bar. Again, that’s just me though.
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder

Post by PeoriaTom »

boatdrinks84 wrote: February 18, 2018 11:32 am

That’s good, you should enjoy doing that again in July. I’d rather pull a beer out of my own cooler at the back of my trunk whenever I feel like it and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of a tailgate lot than wait 20 minutes for a stale can of PBR at an overcrowded Wrigleyville bar. Again, that’s just me though.
And you're free to not attend! :)
Past Concerts:

Upcoming:
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home

Post by boatdrinks84 »

PeoriaTom wrote: February 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I thought I had made that pretty clear.
shakes2070
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by shakes2070 »

There are pluses and minuses to every venue, I keep in mind this adventure must end at some point. Eventually he will stop touring. I make a point of going to as many shows each year as possible and making the best of where ever I am lucky enough to see a show.

Enjoy the ride.
C4Parrothead
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks

Post by C4Parrothead »

shakes2070 wrote: February 18, 2018 6:26 pm There are pluses and minuses to every venue, I keep in mind this adventure must end at some point. Eventually he will stop touring. I make a point of going to as many shows each year as possible and making the best of where ever I am lucky enough to see a show.

Enjoy the ride.
Agree & drink from the same cup.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
Uncle John
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Dirty Banana

Post by Uncle John »

shakes2070 wrote: February 18, 2018 6:26 pm There are pluses and minuses to every venue, I keep in mind this adventure must end at some point. Eventually he will stop touring. I make a point of going to as many shows each year as possible and making the best of where ever I am lucky enough to see a show.

Enjoy the ride.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like Wrigley as a venue and hate missing Tinley and Alpine because of it - but I’m not going to miss out on the shows we do get. Glad we get any at all!
Some people never find it
Some... only pretend, but me:
I just want to live happily ever after every now and then
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Uncle John wrote: February 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Enjoy the ride.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like Wrigley as a venue and hate missing Tinley and Alpine because of it - but I’m not going to miss out on the shows we do get. Glad we get any at all!
Alpine Valley is rumored for Labor Day weekend
C4Parrothead

Post by C4Parrothead »

urlcenter wrote: February 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Uncle John wrote: February 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Enjoy the ride.
Alpine Valley is rumored for Labor Day weekend
YES...Our PHlock is There!!!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

You should go on a African safari if you want sights, sounds, and smells, sounds like a lot more fun then watching,listing to a bunch of Drunks and the smell of regurgitated tequila. Much more safe to be able to get on a subway to get back to your hotel, then getting in your car and driving after a day and night of Drinking. do ya think? How many DUI's have you had so far in this lifetime?
MegsMom
Favorite Buffett Song: Why Dont we Get Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300

Post by MegsMom »

boatdrinks84 wrote: February 18, 2018 3:09 pm

As a MADD I am concerned, I work for a morgue and I see people pulling Booze out of trunks of cars, and hear Funeral music and smell corps all day long from people driving off after the music is over and the Booze in the trunk is all consumed. this is irresponsible inexcusable adult behavior to say the least.
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder

Post by PeoriaTom »

... let's get back on topic and start quoting correctly again? :)
Past Concerts:

Upcoming:
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home

Post by boatdrinks84 »

AlwaysRight00 wrote:You should go on a African safari if you want sights, sounds, and smells, sounds like a lot more fun then watching,listing to a bunch of Drunks and the smell of regurgitated tequila. Much more safe to be able to get on a subway to get back to your hotel, then getting in your car and driving after a day and night of Drinking. do ya think? How many DUI's have you had so far in this lifetime?
Well there’s this new thing they have called a “Designated Driver...”
crzyitlian
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here, Wish You were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi Banana rum with pineapple juice

Post by crzyitlian »

More Importantly....

I like to see who else is playing shows in the vicinity of JB concerts I attend; just kind of fun to think of possible surprise guests. (we got Miranda Lambert in STL last year [smilie=zzz.gif] This would be a longshot but with Def Leppard playing the next night at Wrigley and also being signed to Jimmy's Mailboat records, do we get a Coral Reefer version of "Pour Some Sugar on Me"? I know the likelihood is zero but would be kind of cool.
2001 - Tinley Park, IL
2002 - Tinley Park, IL
2011 - Maryland Heights, MO
2012 - Tinley Park, IL
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Tinley Park, IL
2015 - Maryland Heights, MO
2016 - Tinley Park, IL
2017 - Maryland Heights, MO
2017 - Wrigley Field
2018 - Wrigley Field
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

crzyitlian wrote: February 22, 2018 3:17 pm More Importantly....

I like to see who else is playing shows in the vicinity of JB concerts I attend; just kind of fun to think of possible surprise guests. (we got Miranda Lambert in STL last year [smilie=zzz.gif] This would be a longshot but with Def Leppard playing the next night at Wrigley and also being signed to Jimmy's Mailboat records, do we get a Coral Reefer version of "Pour Some Sugar on Me"? I know the likelihood is zero but would be kind of cool.
I just looked up Def Leppard's schedule and they are playing Comerica on 7/13.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

crzyitlian wrote: February 22, 2018 3:17 pm More Importantly....

Careful what you wish for Paisan.....you've already mentioned the Lambert snoozer from last year. Have personally witnessed Bret Michaels of Poison on stage to share Margaritaville at DTE a few years back....DISASTER! He actually also brought out James Taylor for Mexico in 2014, also in Detroit at Comerica Park and hate to say it but it just didn't click. Taylor was just to slow for the CRB's sound.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image