Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bardwell
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango In Paris
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: bama breeze

Re: Frisco 2019

Post by Bardwell »

Does anyone know the lay of the land at this location for tailgating?
I've never tailgated there - just Frisco - so I'm not sure if its worth it at this location.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Attachments
PARROT roughneck 2.png
PARROT roughneck 2.png (316.4 KiB) Viewed 9388 times
Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

Can someone please change the thread title, since the show will be in Dallas, June 8, 2019 (not Frisco)?
Dos Equis Pavilion at the state fairgrounds, i.e., Fair Park (formerly Starplex)

Also, there is a group on Facebook where the show is being discussed:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/826009444174681/
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog
OtisMyMan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Coladas & Margaritas

Post by OtisMyMan »

Parrotreb wrote: January 3, 2019 7:52 pm Are presales a thing of the past?
I have yet to see anything on a presale. Usually by this time I've gotten emails from AMEX, or TicketMaster, Live Nation, something on presales but nothing so far...
"I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead"
srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by srkmrd »

Dezdmona wrote: January 5, 2019 5:15 pm Can someone please change the thread title, since the show will be in Dallas, June 8, 2019 (not Frisco)?
Dos Equis Pavilion at the state fairgrounds, i.e., Fair Park (formerly Starplex)

let me know if you want to join the FB group... I believe it is a locked group...
srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by srkmrd »

Parrotreb
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Mockarita or other boat mocktail

Post by Parrotreb »

OtisMyMan wrote: January 8, 2019 10:33 am
Parrotreb wrote: January 3, 2019 7:52 pm Are presales a thing of the past?
I have yet to see anything on a presale. Usually by this time I've gotten emails from AMEX, or TicketMaster, Live Nation, something on presales but nothing so far...
Thanks much. I've also looked at citi (since it is listed as a partner on the Starplex website) and nothing is listed for a presale or citi preferred seats.

I'll try to get tickets to Dallas (I used to live in the metroplex and love to visit when I can) but, depending on what I pull, if any, will look at going to Little Rock or Nashville which do have AMEX presales as an alternative. They are both closer to me than Dallas.
Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

OtisMyMan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Coladas & Margaritas

Post by OtisMyMan »

Tickets already being resold on Stubhub. Dang it, there was a presale that I didn't get any information about...
"I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead"
Tuco
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Cadillac Margarita

Post by Tuco »

srkmrd wrote: January 8, 2019 12:56 pm
Dezdmona wrote: January 5, 2019 5:15 pm Can someone please change the thread title, since the show will be in Dallas, June 8, 2019 (not Frisco)?

let me know if you want to join the FB group... I believe it is a locked group...
For sure it is locked. They won't let me in LOL. I suppose there may be a lot of new applicants.
BananaWind1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Miami Vice

Post by BananaWind1 »

This will be my first Buffett concert in Texas as I just moved here back in March. I have been to Dos Equis for a few concerts and tailgating was frowned upon and not much goes on in the lot. Good to hear they will at least allow tailgating for this concert. I will be in the lawn but have two in pavilion if anyone wants them for at cost.
marshman
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by marshman »

I just went online to buy tickets for Dallas. $236 for lawn seats? What the heck??? Needless to say once I recovered from my fall to the floor, I didn not purchase them. That is absolutely crazy!
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

marshman wrote: January 11, 2019 5:17 pm I just went online to buy tickets for Dallas. $236 for lawn seats? What the heck??? Needless to say once I recovered from my fall to the floor, I didn not purchase them. That is absolutely crazy!
Just looked. There are resale tickets in the lawn for $72.
RipTide
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Dallas, not Frisco 2019

Post by RipTide »

The Starplex is a great venue. It was cool having it in Frisco because of the 3-day tailgating but, there was a lot of young high school age hooligans that ruined things. Downtown is not so bad. I have been to a couple Buffett concerts in that venue in the past, in my opinion the tailgating was more fun because there was not that walk-up group riff-raff as with Frisco, that was there just to see boobs. Juveniles won't pay $20 or whatever it is to park. Kinda weeds out the knuckleheads that have no intention of going to the show. Sucks that they don't allow people in the day before. It should be a good one though.
BananaWind1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Miami Vice

Re: Dallas, not Frisco 2019

Post by BananaWind1 »

RipTide wrote: June 7, 2019 3:14 am The Starplex is a great venue. It was cool having it in Frisco because of the 3-day tailgating but, there was a lot of young high school age hooligans that ruined things. Downtown is not so bad. I have been to a couple Buffett concerts in that venue in the past, in my opinion the tailgating was more fun because there was not that walk-up group riff-raff as with Frisco, that was there just to see boobs. Juveniles won't pay $20 or whatever it is to park. Kinda weeds out the knuckleheads that have no intention of going to the show. Sucks that they don't allow people in the day before. It should be a good one though.
Regular parking is included in your ticket price and you don't need a ticket to get in the lot tomorrow so there will be people there who are just there for the tailgating