Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

12/22/2006 - Aspen CO

From the 2006 "Party at the End of the World" Tour
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » December 26, 2006 10:52 am

RockyMountainPirate wrote:I've got a feeling I was just about right next to you guys. I a bit to your right probably. Standing near the St. Petersburg PHC folks.
Yep, you must have been to our right. That's where the SPPHC folks were. We were spread out on the front row from Jimmy's mic to Peter's mic. :D
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ » December 26, 2006 11:01 am

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
RockyMountainPirate wrote:I've got a feeling I was just about right next to you guys. I a bit to your right probably. Standing near the St. Petersburg PHC folks.
Yep, you must have been to our right. That's where the SPPHC folks were. We were spread out on the front row from Jimmy's mic to Peter's mic. :D
from Jimmy to Peter....it was a Mac sandwich!!

I finally got the show downloaded and have been listening this morning. You can hear Jimmy much better on the recording than we could hear him in the front row. I price worth paying for being 6 feet from his toes!!
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » December 26, 2006 11:14 am

~Hippolyte~ wrote: price worth paying for being 6 feet from his toes!!
Yummmm! :wink:

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » December 26, 2006 2:58 pm

I could do without Jimmy toes but if they do this again next year I'm going. ***** my eye, ***** the weather, I'm going!!
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

RockyMountainPirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by RockyMountainPirate » December 26, 2006 3:27 pm

I've been listening to the concert all morning and all I got to say is Dang, the microphone for Sirius must have been right near me because I keep hearing myself yelling Happy Birthday Jimmy and other things (no I'm not the one yelling Southern Cross). You can also hear me try to start Happy Birthday before Banana Republics when all you can hear is one tone-deaf drunk attempting to sing it.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » December 26, 2006 3:37 pm

RockyMountainPirate wrote:I've been listening to the concert all morning and all I got to say is Dang, the microphone for Sirius must have been right near me because I keep hearing myself yelling Happy Birthday Jimmy and other things (no I'm not the one yelling Southern Cross). You can also hear me try to start Happy Birthday before Banana Republics when all you can hear is one tone-deaf drunk attempting to sing it.
The drunk idjit shouting for Southern Cross was in the center toward the back of the dance floor...

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » December 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Was the guy who kept shouting for Southern Cross the one Charleston threw out? please say yes

comtnfish
I've got nomad feet & wandering toes
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by comtnfish » December 26, 2006 4:00 pm

LIPH wrote:I could do without Jimmy toes but if they do this again next year I'm going. f*** my eye, f*** the weather, I'm going!!
Larry, I only heard as I was on my way that you were supposed to be there too..... (((((Larry)))))) And as for your attitude about next year, d*mn straight you'd better be there!!! :wink: :D

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

You can dream a dream, and make it true, now what are ya gonna do?

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » December 26, 2006 4:07 pm

comtnfish wrote:
LIPH wrote:I could do without Jimmy toes but if they do this again next year I'm going. f*** my eye, f*** the weather, I'm going!!
Larry, I only heard as I was on my way that you were supposed to be there too..... (((((Larry)))))) And as for your attitude about next year, d*mn straight you'd better be there!!! :wink: :D
I kept it quiet but I was going to be there. This crap with my eye really screwed up my plans.

RockyMountainPirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by RockyMountainPirate » December 26, 2006 4:10 pm

LIPH wrote:Was the guy who kept shouting for Southern Cross the one Charleston threw out? please say yes
I don't think so. The guy Charleston threw out was standing right next to me pushing and shoving with some other guy.

comtnfish

Post by comtnfish » December 26, 2006 4:17 pm

LIPH wrote:
comtnfish wrote:
I kept it quiet but I was going to be there. This crap with my eye really screwed up my plans.
I heard about that.....is it better now???

comtnfish

Post by comtnfish » December 26, 2006 4:20 pm

RockyMountainPirate wrote:
LIPH wrote:Was the guy who kept shouting for Southern Cross the one Charleston threw out? please say yes
I don't think so. The guy Charleston threw out was standing right next to me pushing and shoving with some other guy.
There were 3 or so people Charleston threw out....but somehow I think the SC guy stayed. It was quite an amazing experience to have Charleston go flying by yelling "move, move, move!" ...... :o

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » December 26, 2006 4:54 pm

comtnfish wrote:
LIPH wrote:
comtnfish wrote:
I heard about that.....is it better now???
It's still all bloodshot and swollen, it looks like someone hit me in the eye, but it's coming along.

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ » December 26, 2006 5:56 pm

comtnfish wrote:
There were 3 or so people Charleston threw out....but somehow I think the SC guy stayed. It was quite an amazing experience to have Charleston go flying by yelling "move, move, move!" ...... :o
Yes, that Charleston's quite the guy.

Since I could read the setlist, I really wanted to yell back at the Southern Cross guy that he'd have to wait a while. But I didn't want to annoy everyone else. Looking back I should have. But if he didn't hear me, then I'd have just been another guy yelling.
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » December 26, 2006 6:26 pm

comtnfish wrote:
I've never seen anyone so big move so fast..... :o

just like a giant cat..... pounces, grabs the offender by the back of the neck, shakes him, and carries him out..... :P

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead » December 26, 2006 7:10 pm

I've seen Charleston move like that, too. In Dallas. Climbed *OVER* the seats ... it was so quick. The guy never knew what hit him. :o
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 » December 26, 2006 9:14 pm

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
comtnfish wrote:
I've never seen anyone so big move so fast..... :o

just like a giant cat..... pounces, grabs the offender by the back of the neck, shakes him, and carries him out..... :P
After reading all of these descriptions of how good a job Charleston does, I kinda want Charleston's autograph almost as much as any coral reefer. :o :lol:

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » December 26, 2006 11:59 pm

Miles just read off the set list, like we all didn't know what it was... And then he thanked BW for that info :roll: :roll:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!