Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Take The Weather With You

Submit your review or read what other's have said about Jimmy's albums and DVDs

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
Spazmogen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 44
Joined: February 22, 2003 1:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Take The Weather With You

Post by Spazmogen » September 28, 2006 8:12 pm

OK.
Post your thoughts on the new disc when you get it, in this thread.


btw: I got my notice of shipment today from Mailboat records, so I'll post my thoughts about it in about 5 days when it arrives.

Did anyone else get a notice of shipment from Mailboat records yet?
"You can't get no gyros smoking in a bar in Cairo..."
Jimmy Buffett "Cairo" from Calaloo.

captenuta
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 713
Joined: March 27, 2006 2:51 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with the Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Re: Take The Weather With You now shipping!

Post by captenuta » October 2, 2006 10:25 am

Spazmogen wrote:OK.
Post your thoughts on the new disc when you get it, in this thread.


btw: I got my notice of shipment today from Mailboat records, so I'll post my thoughts about it in about 5 days when it arrives.

Did anyone else get a notice of shipment from Mailboat records yet?
I have not gotten a notice yet. When did they say yours will be shipped?
COME ALONG LET'S HAVE SOME FUN,
THE HARD WORK HAS BEEN DONE
WE'LL BARREL ROLL INTO THE SUN,
JUST FOR STARTERS

Spazmogen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 44
Joined: February 22, 2003 1:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Post by Spazmogen » October 2, 2006 4:11 pm

I pre-ordered mine on Sept 19th.


It shipped on Sept. 28th.
"You can't get no gyros smoking in a bar in Cairo..."
Jimmy Buffett "Cairo" from Calaloo.

silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 685
Joined: April 27, 2006 12:31 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything
Location: Chesapeake Shore
Contact:

Post by silverbetty » October 2, 2006 4:12 pm

Spazmogen wrote:I pre-ordered mine on Sept 19th.


It shipped on Sept. 28th.
Mailboat Records shipped it that early? That suprises me for some reason.

conched
Last Man Standing
Posts: 31386
Joined: June 26, 2001 8:00 pm

Post by conched » October 2, 2006 4:39 pm

I think I remember them shipping out Live IN Hawaii early too.

Or am I thinking of Mini Matinee?

haititxn
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 95
Joined: September 29, 2006 7:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South coast of Haiti (Les Cayes)
Contact:

Post by haititxn » October 2, 2006 5:00 pm

I read this thread and went to check my email boxes for notification. :cry: Nope, not here yet!
If there is no God I've lost nothing
If there is a God and you don't believe in Him,
You've lost everythiing!!!Image

Spazmogen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 44
Joined: February 22, 2003 1:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Post by Spazmogen » October 2, 2006 8:17 pm

I wonder if being in Canada has something to do with it?

Customs & road distance etc.

But if it did actually mail on the 28th, then I should have it this week, perhaps by Friday the 6th.
"You can't get no gyros smoking in a bar in Cairo..."
Jimmy Buffett "Cairo" from Calaloo.

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11221
Joined: January 10, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: In the cheap hotels and bars
Contact:

Post by chippewa » October 3, 2006 9:25 am

For those going the mail order route, best price I've seen is at J&R. $9.99 plus shipping (2.95), limit two.

umbrelladrink200
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 26
Joined: September 20, 2006 1:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (no jokes allowed)

No notice yet

Post by umbrelladrink200 » October 4, 2006 11:31 am

I checked, no shipping notice in my email yet

Spazmogen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 44
Joined: February 22, 2003 1:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Post by Spazmogen » October 6, 2006 3:28 pm

Image


It arrived in today's mail (October 6th).


Just in time for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend!

Thanks Mailboat records, you just made my weekend that much better.


I'm working nights this weekend, so I'll have something to listen to during the 40 minute commute in and out of the city.
"You can't get no gyros smoking in a bar in Cairo..."
Jimmy Buffett "Cairo" from Calaloo.

MrsScooby
Inactive User
Posts: 28
Joined: November 2, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by MrsScooby » October 6, 2006 5:19 pm

Mine hasn't shipped yet :(
BUT, I have been listening to the entire CD for days on CMT.com
You can listen to the entire cd. Just click on the Jimmy Buffett section

:D :D :D :D

conched
Last Man Standing
Posts: 31386
Joined: June 26, 2001 8:00 pm

Post by conched » October 6, 2006 5:57 pm

MrsScooby wrote:Mine hasn't shipped yet :(
BUT, I have been listening to the entire CD for days on CMT.com
You can listen to the entire cd. Just click on the Jimmy Buffett section

:D :D :D :D
Cool! Thanks, MrsScooby!

Nice to just sit and listen to it all.

MrsScooby
Inactive User
Posts: 28
Joined: November 2, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by MrsScooby » October 6, 2006 7:31 pm

conched wrote:
MrsScooby wrote:Mine hasn't shipped yet :(
BUT, I have been listening to the entire CD for days on CMT.com
You can listen to the entire cd. Just click on the Jimmy Buffett section

:D :D :D :D
Cool! Thanks, MrsScooby!

Nice to just sit and listen to it all.

Isn't it Though!! Got me through this crazy week at work! Now I am off to enjoy the first of 3 Three Day Weekends I am taking in October WOOHOO!! [smilie=coolup.gif]

bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 557
Joined: June 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina
Location: Palm Springs, CA 2780 MI SE of Dutch Harbor
Contact:

Post by bbqmonster » October 6, 2006 7:42 pm

Just got mine in the mail this afternoon. Can't wait for the drive home.

bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 557
Joined: June 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina
Location: Palm Springs, CA 2780 MI SE of Dutch Harbor
Contact:

Post by bbqmonster » October 6, 2006 7:47 pm

bbqmonster wrote:Just got mine in the mail this afternoon. Can't wait for the drive home.
Just tried to play the video before I left work, and it skips. Anyone else having this problem??

Spazmogen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 44
Joined: February 22, 2003 1:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Post by Spazmogen » October 7, 2006 3:18 am

Mine had one quick stutter, but the audio portion of the video kept going.

Neat to see the tailgate parties like that!
Last edited by Spazmogen on October 8, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't get no gyros smoking in a bar in Cairo..."
Jimmy Buffett "Cairo" from Calaloo.

narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 477
Joined: July 31, 2006 10:31 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Post by narnianelf » October 7, 2006 12:08 pm

Ugh. Pre-ordered mine on Sept. 29 and it hasn't even shipped yet :(

But thanks for the CMT heads-up. I'll have to check it out. I keep missing the previews on RM.

bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 557
Joined: June 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina
Location: Palm Springs, CA 2780 MI SE of Dutch Harbor
Contact:

Post by bbqmonster » October 7, 2006 1:34 pm

narnianelf wrote:Ugh. Pre-ordered mine on Sept. 29 and it hasn't even shipped yet :(

But thanks for the CMT heads-up. I'll have to check it out. I keep missing the previews on RM.
I never got a notice that mine had shipped, so yours might be on it's way.

narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 477
Joined: July 31, 2006 10:31 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Post by narnianelf » October 7, 2006 1:39 pm

bbqmonster wrote:
narnianelf wrote:Ugh. Pre-ordered mine on Sept. 29 and it hasn't even shipped yet :(

But thanks for the CMT heads-up. I'll have to check it out. I keep missing the previews on RM.
I never got a notice that mine had shipped, so yours might be on it's way.
I hope so. I can't get the CMT thing to work on my Mac. I'll have to try on my PC later. Did it arrive via mail or FedEx or some other way?

bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 557
Joined: June 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina
Location: Palm Springs, CA 2780 MI SE of Dutch Harbor
Contact:

Post by bbqmonster » October 7, 2006 2:40 pm

narnianelf wrote:
bbqmonster wrote:
narnianelf wrote:Ugh. Pre-ordered mine on Sept. 29 and it hasn't even shipped yet :(

But thanks for the CMT heads-up. I'll have to check it out. I keep missing the previews on RM.
I never got a notice that mine had shipped, so yours might be on it's way.
I hope so. I can't get the CMT thing to work on my Mac. I'll have to try on my PC later. Did it arrive via mail or FedEx or some other way?
Mine came by US Postal Carrier. No Gun, just a CD.

Post Reply