Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Polls about Jimmy, his music, etc

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Should JB make Gulf shores a regular tour stop?

Poll ended at August 12, 2010 5:02 pm

1) Yes anytime
15
43%
2) Yes in the spring or fall when the weather is cooler
8
23%
3) No
3
9%
4) Did you see the Boobies???
9
26%
 
Total votes: 35

User avatar
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 545
Joined: February 9, 2008 6:43 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Wildh2oskier » July 13, 2010 5:02 pm

The setting was stunning, the show was special and it could become a vacation destination for 1,000s of fans if a regular pay ticket event was held there.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5738
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Dr.Corona » July 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Spring (through April) means income tax season.......& no go for Dr. C.
Fall means potential Hurricane Season..... :o
Mid May or Mid November would be niiiiiiice!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

User avatar
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 545
Joined: February 9, 2008 6:43 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Wildh2oskier » July 13, 2010 7:15 pm

I really don't care when he comes back....as long as he comes back. I would like to see him anchor a Jazz Fest style of festival there.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76375
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » July 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Yes. 'Nuff said. 8)
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

User avatar
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4257
Joined: March 8, 2008 2:02 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo
Location: Joetown Missouri
Contact:

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Joetown Parrothead » July 13, 2010 8:01 pm

It would be awesome, but ALL tickets would be LAWN seats first come first serve. Now would you pay $150 to be at the end of the beach? The next show will not be free tickets.
Someone told me that area has a nice concert venue.. That would be nice, just wondering!

User avatar
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11011
Joined: January 20, 2006 3:38 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose
Location: A PO Box and a 4 way stop

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by ScarletB » July 13, 2010 8:08 pm

I'd go in a heartbeat.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76375
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » July 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Joetown Parrothead wrote:It would be awesome, but ALL tickets would be LAWN seats first come first serve. Now would you pay $150 to be at the end of the beach? The next show will not be free tickets.
Someone told me that area has a nice concert venue.. That would be nice, just wondering!
Would be cool as part of a (small) festival. Say, $50 a ticket, much like a jazz fest, folk fest, country fest, or trop rock fest.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

User avatar
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 545
Joined: February 9, 2008 6:43 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Wildh2oskier » July 13, 2010 9:41 pm

I like that ALL (except for VIP) was lawn (or rather beach) seating. Tell me there wasn't a thrill of hearing him sing and wigglin' your toes in the sand at the same time.

User avatar
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Posts: 970
Joined: February 28, 2007 10:03 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Summerlover » July 14, 2010 5:53 am

Yes, and we have frequented the panhandle often when our kids were small. It's a 13 hour drive and has always been great fun and wonderful memories for us. The panhandle has some of the best beaches in my opinion.
Image

It was my first look baby that's all it took

User avatar
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11079
Joined: September 2, 2007 9:40 am
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty
Location: Colchester, VT

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by C-Dawg » July 14, 2010 6:00 am

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Joetown Parrothead wrote:It would be awesome, but ALL tickets would be LAWN seats first come first serve. Now would you pay $150 to be at the end of the beach? The next show will not be free tickets.
Someone told me that area has a nice concert venue.. That would be nice, just wondering!
Would be cool as part of a (small) festival. Say, $50 a ticket, much like a jazz fest, folk fest, country fest, or trop rock fest.
This mess in the Gulf is going to take more than a year to clean up....so yes, I'd love to see Jimmy go back. I'd love to see a Trop Rock Festival on the Beach culminating with Jimmy taking the stage.
ImageImage



Image

User avatar
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11011
Joined: January 20, 2006 3:38 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose
Location: A PO Box and a 4 way stop

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by ScarletB » July 14, 2010 6:03 am

C-Dawg wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Joetown Parrothead wrote:It would be awesome, but ALL tickets would be LAWN seats first come first serve. Now would you pay $150 to be at the end of the beach? The next show will not be free tickets.
Someone told me that area has a nice concert venue.. That would be nice, just wondering!
Would be cool as part of a (small) festival. Say, $50 a ticket, much like a jazz fest, folk fest, country fest, or trop rock fest.
This mess in the Gulf is going to take more than a year to clean up....so yes, I'd love to see Jimmy go back. I'd love to see a Trop Rock Festival on the Beach culminating with Jimmy taking the stage.
Next project for Tam??? :D
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

User avatar
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by RinglingRingling » July 14, 2010 8:00 am

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Joetown Parrothead wrote:It would be awesome, but ALL tickets would be LAWN seats first come first serve. Now would you pay $150 to be at the end of the beach? The next show will not be free tickets.
Someone told me that area has a nice concert venue.. That would be nice, just wondering!
Would be cool as part of a (small) festival. Say, $50 a ticket, much like a jazz fest, folk fest, country fest, or trop rock fest.
This mess in the Gulf is going to take more than a year to clean up....so yes, I'd love to see Jimmy go back. I'd love to see a Trop Rock Festival on the Beach culminating with Jimmy taking the stage.
Next project for Tam??? :D
John Reno does an event down Fairhope/Ft. Morgan about a month before MOTM...

User avatar
Whodat81
I have found me a home
Posts: 164
Joined: May 8, 2008 9:47 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Bloody Mary
Location: Sportsman's Paradise

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Whodat81 » July 14, 2010 8:42 am

If he headlined the Hangout Music Fest it would be well worth it!
You Can't Take It With You When You Go
- Allman Brothers

User avatar
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by RinglingRingling » July 14, 2010 9:06 am

Whodat81 wrote:If he headlined the Hangout Music Fest it would be well worth it!
the drawback to a regular stop is that it does kill off the magic a bit. Do I wish I could have made this one, yes. Would I like to see him on the beach, well, make that "on the beach again", yes. Maybe something like biennial Jazzfest appearances would be good: you keep the magic of the beach show, but it doesn't become rote.

User avatar
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by VanillaGrl » July 14, 2010 10:50 am

Wildh2oskier wrote:I like that ALL (except for VIP) was lawn (or rather beach) seating. Tell me there wasn't a thrill of hearing him sing and wigglin' your toes in the sand at the same time.
That it was!!! :D [smilie=happydance.gif] :D
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013

User avatar
dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 37788
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by dnw » July 14, 2010 11:37 am

VanillaGrl wrote:
Wildh2oskier wrote:I like that ALL (except for VIP) was lawn (or rather beach) seating. Tell me there wasn't a thrill of hearing him sing and wigglin' your toes in the sand at the same time.
That it was!!! :D [smilie=happydance.gif] :D


Ditto
Image


Debbie

User avatar
Anne Bonny
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 652
Joined: March 27, 2006 11:02 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build / Everybody's Talking At Me
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Coke
Location: B'ham Alabama
Contact:

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Anne Bonny » July 14, 2010 1:33 pm

How about alternate between Gulf Shores/Mobile and Pasgagoula/Biloxi each year? Get back to his roots.

User avatar
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 545
Joined: February 9, 2008 6:43 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Wildh2oskier » July 22, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm not gonna start them here since this is not the correct forum...but there be rumors a-floatin'.

conched
Last Man Standing
Posts: 31386
Joined: June 26, 2001 8:00 pm

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by conched » July 22, 2010 9:49 pm

dnw wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
Wildh2oskier wrote:I like that ALL (except for VIP) was lawn (or rather beach) seating. Tell me there wasn't a thrill of hearing him sing and wigglin' your toes in the sand at the same time.
That it was!!! :D [smilie=happydance.gif] :D


Ditto
double ditto!!

User avatar
Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 545
Joined: February 9, 2008 6:43 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Re: Should Gulf Shores become a regular stop?

Post by Wildh2oskier » April 5, 2011 8:40 pm

Dear Jimmy,
If I never get to see another show I'm so glad I got to see this one. If you do decide to come back home and do another concert in your old back yard we would really appreciate it. I've seen you several times in the past but never have I seen you as truly happy as you were that day.
I would be willing to buy tickets to a for profit show and I'm sure another 40,000 or so would be glad too also.

Next time I'm buying a t shirt as soon as I get there though.

Post Reply