Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

06/14/2008 - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA

From the 2008 "The Year of Still Here” Tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:
Grams wrote:Evening everyone... pass the doughnuts and Jim I would love a boat drink!!! I got a surprise in the mail from you today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is this and where is Jimmy????
Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.
Thanks Jim... I don't think I am a big fan of them... but will lurk and listen while waiting for the man and catching up with the mail!!! I was surprised to get the CD's from you. I had givern them up for lost. Rosa had given me a copy of the Houston show so I wasn't going to say anything.

Greg.. I wish I had won... It was up and down all week but I had a great time!! I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venitian and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had ever seen Phantom on the stage!! :lol:
Sigh...isn't Phantom awesome? :D
Sigh---I have seen it a lot, but the first time was in LA, with Michael Crawdford---everything else paled in comparison.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan » June 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:
Grams wrote:Evening everyone... pass the doughnuts and Jim I would love a boat drink!!! I got a surprise in the mail from you today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.
Thanks Jim... I don't think I am a big fan of them... but will lurk and listen while waiting for the man and catching up with the mail!!! I was surprised to get the CD's from you. I had givern them up for lost. Rosa had given me a copy of the Houston show so I wasn't going to say anything.

Greg.. I wish I had won... It was up and down all week but I had a great time!! I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venitian and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had ever seen Phantom on the stage!! :lol:
I've seen Phantom in Nashville, New York, and London. I love it! However, Wicked is by far my favorite.
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

wheatsailor
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by wheatsailor » June 14, 2008 8:02 pm

NYParrotHead wrote:Going in to make some Don Julio Reposado margaritas...anyone want one? :P
yes please!!!

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 8:02 pm

ejr wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:

Sigh---I have seen it a lot, but the first time was in LA, with Michael Crawdford---everything else paled in comparison.
Me too! :o :D :D

And you're right...no one else can hold a candle to him.

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams » June 14, 2008 8:03 pm

irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:

I've seen Phantom in Nashville, New York, and London. I love it! However, Wicked is by far my favorite.
Really... I guess I wil have to add that to my things to do list!!! :lol: :lol:

HULA GIRL^
Hoot!

Post by HULA GIRL^ » June 14, 2008 8:03 pm

ejr wrote:
HULA GIRL^ wrote:What's up with the "warm-up" act....since when does Jimmy need an opener?
Hey, K!

He occasionally will do this, and this let's him feature a local group and give them some greater exposure.
Not too bad..Black Crows-ish sound? :-?

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 8:03 pm

irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:

I really want to see Wicked. :(

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy » June 14, 2008 8:04 pm

BTW, I got that new Journey CD/DVD combo with the new singer

Arnel Pineda.

He may sing Steve Perry better than Steve Perry!

:o

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

Post by Pleasin & Teasin » June 14, 2008 8:04 pm

wheatsailor wrote:
NYParrotHead wrote:Going in to make some Don Julio Reposado margaritas...anyone want one? :P
yes please!!!
oh, me too, please!!

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:

liked Wicked a lot, but it is not on my top 5 list. A Chorus Line probably tops the list.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' » June 14, 2008 8:06 pm

Evening Setlisters! What are we drankin' tonight? :D

And it's raining like mad here with lots of lightening and thunder.....anybody here from pholks in Philly? :o
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams » June 14, 2008 8:07 pm

ejr wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote: Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.

liked Wicked a lot, but it is not on my top 5 list. A Chorus Line probably tops the list.
I loved that but my all time favorite was Camelot on Broadway... (of course I was just a mere child then :lol: :lol: )

diverg
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Son of A Sailor
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by diverg » June 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Ummm let me think...I'm still thinking ...OH H*LL YEAH!!! :D :D

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan » June 14, 2008 8:07 pm

A Chorus Line is great as is Cats and Mary Poppins. Wicked, though, tops my list. Oh, Spamalot is also fantastic.
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 8:08 pm

ejr wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote: Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.

My sentimental fave is South Pacific. My dad knew the guy who played Joe Cable in the movie. :o :P And I'm partial to The Music Man because I saw it with Dick Van Dyke starring....lots of good memories.

diverg
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Son of A Sailor

Post by diverg » June 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
ejr wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Grams wrote: Thanks Jim... I don't think I am a big fan of them... but will lurk and listen while waiting for the man and catching up with the mail!!! I was surprised to get the CD's from you. I had givern them up for lost. Rosa had given me a copy of the Houston show so I wasn't going to say anything.

My sentimental fave is South Pacific. My dad knew the guy who played Joe Cable in the movie. :o :P And I'm partial to The Music Man because I saw it with Dick Van Dyke starring....lots of good memories.
Miss Saigon is good too.

NYParrotHead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to List (BIBOMO, APLOF, JMon, JMist, this list goes on)
Favorite Boat Drink: Patron Silver...up with lime!!!

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 8:10 pm

wheatsailor wrote:
yes please!!!
K..here you go. Might be a bit strong though!!! :D

wheatsailor
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by wheatsailor » June 14, 2008 8:10 pm

You can only find it here folks. Buffett to Broadway and back again, with a few Krispy Kremes thrown in for good measure.

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 8:10 pm

bummer, it's raining there.

NYParrotHead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to List (BIBOMO, APLOF, JMon, JMist, this list goes on)
Favorite Boat Drink: Patron Silver...up with lime!!!

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 8:10 pm

diverg wrote:
Ummm let me think...I'm still thinking ...OH H*LL YEAH!!! :D :D
Here you go...there are more where that came from...ENJOY!