Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

06/14/2008 - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA

From the 2008 "The Year of Still Here” Tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 7:47 pm

irishcajunphan wrote:I'm eating chocolate iced, creme filled krispy kreme donuts for supper. :D I may or may not be around to post much tonight. Just wanted to tell everyone hello real quick! :D
Now that is just cruel... :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just put a load of laundry in...forgot I needed to do it and I really don't want to go to the farmers market in my jammies tomorrow morning...

diverg
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Son of A Sailor
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by diverg » June 14, 2008 7:48 pm

So what did everyone do today? Me not much of anything. I should have done schoolwork, and will probably try to do a bit during the concert and hopefully after.

I also finally broke down and bought a digital slr camera today. A Nikon D40, and an extra zoom lens.

wheatsailor
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by wheatsailor » June 14, 2008 7:48 pm

diverg wrote:
Grams wrote:
ejr wrote:In the amazon.com ad that is appearing at the bottom of the page, I am seeing Tim Russert's books advertised :( :( :(
That is so sad.. I just heard about it.. :cry: :cry: That is what a week in Vegas will do to ya... I don't think I turned on the TV the whole time I was there. I am so glad he had the time with his family in Italy...
I hope you won more then you lost. :D
She goes for the male strippers. : : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 7:49 pm

ejr wrote:In the amazon.com ad that is appearing at the bottom of the page, I am seeing Tim Russert's books advertised :( :( :(
:cry: :cry: :cry:

NYParrotHead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to List (BIBOMO, APLOF, JMon, JMist, this list goes on)
Favorite Boat Drink: Patron Silver...up with lime!!!

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 7:49 pm

diverg wrote:So what did everyone do today? Me not much of anything. I should have done schoolwork, and will probably try to do a bit during the concert and hopefully after.

I also finally broke down and bought a digital slr camera today. A Nikon D40, and an extra zoom lens.
Congrats on the new Camera. We found a place for our new pooch to stay when we go on vacation July 4th week.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
yep, you and I are both struggling with this one.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

wheatsailor
Behind Door #3

Post by wheatsailor » June 14, 2008 7:51 pm

NYParrotHead wrote:
diverg wrote:So what did everyone do today? Me not much of anything. I should have done schoolwork, and will probably try to do a bit during the concert and hopefully after.

Congrats on the new Camera. We found a place for our new pooch to stay when we go on vacation July 4th week.
Just cleaned up the deck and some yard work. Just so I could enjoy the show outside for the 1st time this year without being there.

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Congrats on the new camera! Yesterday I used mine for the first time in weeks, after shooting daily with it for months. Gas prices are keeping me from my stomping grounds. :evil: But I had a wood duck in the backyard yesterday so I shot lots of pics in crummy light. :roll: The Muscovey duck was there too...it was a duckapalooza. :lol:

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams » June 14, 2008 7:54 pm

wheatsailor wrote:
Grams wrote:Evening everyone... pass the doughnuts and Jim I would love a boat drink!!! I got a surprise in the mail from you today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is this and where is Jimmy????
Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.
Thanks Jim... I don't think I am a big fan of them... but will lurk and listen while waiting for the man and catching up with the mail!!! I was surprised to get the CD's from you. I had givern them up for lost. Rosa had given me a copy of the Houston show so I wasn't going to say anything.

Greg.. I wish I had won... It was up and down all week but I had a great time!! I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venitian and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had ever seen Phantom on the stage!! :lol:

NYParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to List (BIBOMO, APLOF, JMon, JMist, this list goes on)

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:

Congrats on the new camera! Yesterday I used mine for the first time in weeks, after shooting daily with it for months. Gas prices are keeping me from my stomping grounds. :evil: But I had a wood duck in the backyard yesterday so I shot lots of pics in crummy light. :roll: The Muscovey duck was there too...it was a duckapalooza. :lol:
For a short while I worked on a local college campus, SUNY New Paltz. They had an unnofficial mascot...Chuck the Duck. He was a Muscovey which is rare for our area apparently.

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams » June 14, 2008 7:56 pm

wheatsailor wrote:
diverg wrote:
Grams wrote:
That is so sad.. I just heard about it.. :cry: :cry: That is what a week in Vegas will do to ya... I don't think I turned on the TV the whole time I was there. I am so glad he had the time with his family in Italy...
:oops: :oops: :oops: (remind me to show you my picture with the Chippendales!!)

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by Marnin Grita Guy » June 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Having had 3 shots of Rum Jumbie I am going to take my contacts out and

start drinking mango margaritas.

:D

(sung to Chim Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins)

Rum Jumbie me, Rum Jumbie me,

and I'll Jumbie you,

when I drink the Jumbie don't know what I'll do,

Rum Jumbie hey.

whats so bad 'bout my thong anyways?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HULA GIRL^
Hoot!

Post by HULA GIRL^ » June 14, 2008 7:57 pm

What's up with the "warm-up" act....since when does Jimmy need an opener?

wheatsailor
Behind Door #3

Post by wheatsailor » June 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:
diverg wrote:
Grams wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops: (remind me to show you my picture with the Chippendales!!)
See... I knew it! :)

NYParrotHead

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Marnin Grita Guy wrote:Having had 3 shots of Rum Jumbie I am going to take my contacts out and

start drinking mango margaritas.

:D

(sung to Chim Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins)

and I'll Jumbie you,

when I drink the Jumbie don't know what I'll do,

Rum Jumbie hey.

whats so bad 'bout my thong anyways?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Woo Hoo can I have one of those please! LOL

diverg
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Son of A Sailor

Post by diverg » June 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:

I probably will not get much chance to use it at all untill after I graduate, but it was a good deal.

It's Nikon entry level dslr. I got the camera, an 18-55 mm lens, a 55-200mm VR zoom lens, some how to dvd's, camera case, and 7" digital photo frame for $725.00 plus some other perks as a free photo book of my photos, free digital camera classes, some free prints etc.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 14, 2008 7:59 pm

HULA GIRL^ wrote:What's up with the "warm-up" act....since when does Jimmy need an opener?
Hey, K!

He occasionally will do this, and this let's him feature a local group and give them some greater exposure.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » June 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Grams wrote:
wheatsailor wrote:
Grams wrote:Evening everyone... pass the doughnuts and Jim I would love a boat drink!!! I got a surprise in the mail from you today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is this and where is Jimmy????
Hi Linda, Drinks on the way. Hope you like it. Don't know about the donuts. Playing now G Love, Jimmy in 30 - 40.
Thanks Jim... I don't think I am a big fan of them... but will lurk and listen while waiting for the man and catching up with the mail!!! I was surprised to get the CD's from you. I had givern them up for lost. Rosa had given me a copy of the Houston show so I wasn't going to say anything.

Greg.. I wish I had won... It was up and down all week but I had a great time!! I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venitian and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had ever seen Phantom on the stage!! :lol:
Sigh...isn't Phantom awesome? :D

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

Post by Pleasin & Teasin » June 14, 2008 8:01 pm

HULA GIRL^ wrote:What's up with the "warm-up" act....since when does Jimmy need an opener?
i could be wrong, but i suspect that Mr. Buffett likes giving newer younger groups a hand......

NYParrotHead

Post by NYParrotHead » June 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Going in to make some Don Julio Reposado margaritas...anyone want one? :P