Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

09/06/2008 - Comcast Center - Mansfield, MA

From the 2008 "The Year of Still Here” Tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

baadbobby
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 11

Re: Disapointment

Post by baadbobby » September 7, 2008 12:36 am

aparrotheadcook wrote:There are no words to explain the disapointment from today. We Had to leave the concert about 30 minutes after it started because of a bunch of drunken as%^&*(les on the lawn area starting fights and slidding down the mud landing over inocent SOBER people. What used to be the hottest must anticipated show in town turned has turned out to be an overpriced show crowded with 23 yr old punks that dont even know who Buffett is and and only there to make an ass out of themselves. 12 yrs in a row and this was my last one
Overpriced? And you were on the lawn? I too am a sober show attendee; I have no reason to be on the lawn if I'm not drinking, so I pay extra and sit close, to see JB&CRB. I can see drunkeness in the parking lots all day if I so desire. I was 23 and drunk and enjoying mud at one point, but now I plan and save for the non-23, non-mud seats. Call me a seat snob, but I thoroughly enjoy every show. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would let someone chase me out of a Buffett Show. Jimmy Buffett himself could come after me with a broomstick, and I'd still stay. I'm sorry to hear about the fights, etc. I personally would have been pssd, but would not have left. Save some bucks over the winter, get some pavilion seats next year, breathe in, breathe out, move on.

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona » September 7, 2008 12:50 am

aparrotheadcook wrote:There are no words to explain the disapointment from today. We Had to leave the concert about 30 minutes after it started because of a bunch of drunken as%^&* [snip] 12 yrs in a row and this was my last one
Welcome to BN, hope to see you in the setlist thread again, so you'll get to know some folks around here.

I would NEVER let another person "run me off" from a concert (any concert).
The Event Staff are there for a reason. If they are not helpful, take it upon yourself to find another spot to listen to the show.
In other words...make your own kind of music. ;)
I can't imagine why you would let some drunks influence your decision to not see Jimmy "live" again. But if that's your decision, don't blame the drunks...you can't count on them to sit next to you again.
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog

chrisintampa
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Boat Drink: Miami Vice

Post by chrisintampa » September 7, 2008 1:37 am

baadbobby wrote:
aparrotheadcook wrote:There are no words to explain the disapointment from today. We Had to leave the concert about 30 minutes after it started because of a bunch of drunken as%^&*(les on the lawn area starting fights and slidding down the mud landing over inocent SOBER people. What used to be the hottest must anticipated show in town turned has turned out to be an overpriced show crowded with 23 yr old punks that dont even know who Buffett is and and only there to make an ass out of themselves. 12 yrs in a row and this was my last one
Overpriced? And you were on the lawn? I too am a sober show attendee; I have no reason to be on the lawn if I'm not drinking, so I pay extra and sit close, to see JB&CRB. I can see drunkeness in the parking lots all day if I so desire. I was 23 and drunk and enjoying mud at one point, but now I plan and save for the non-23, non-mud seats. Call me a seat snob, but I thoroughly enjoy every show. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would let someone chase me out of a Buffett Show. Jimmy Buffett himself could come after me with a broomstick, and I'd still stay. I'm sorry to hear about the fights, etc. I personally would have been pssd, but would not have left. Save some bucks over the winter, get some pavilion seats next year, breathe in, breathe out, move on.
i have been in some great seats over the years but i have also been to more shows the last couple years by sitting on the lawn so 1/2 shows good seats the other 5 lawn seats and it is a great way to get virgins to attend reasonably priced
"There's nothing like good food, good wine, and a bad girl."

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover » September 7, 2008 4:15 am

Dezdmona wrote:
aparrotheadcook wrote:There are no words to explain the disapointment from today. We Had to leave the concert about 30 minutes after it started because of a bunch of drunken as%^&* [snip] 12 yrs in a row and this was my last one
Welcome to BN, hope to see you in the setlist thread again, so you'll get to know some folks around here.

I would NEVER let another person "run me off" from a concert (any concert).
The Event Staff are there for a reason. If they are not helpful, take it upon yourself to find another spot to listen to the show.
In other words...make your own kind of music. ;)
I can't imagine why you would let some drunks influence your decision to not see Jimmy "live" again. But if that's your decision, don't blame the drunks...you can't count on them to sit next to you again.
I agree with Dez... I would not be run out of a show by anyone like that. I always try to get reserved seats, but if I was on the lawn, I would try to move to another location. Even in the reserved seats, people tend to move around a bit, sometimes to move forward.

The hill sliding during a rainy show is not unusual. The same thing happened here in Atlanta a few years ago at Lakewood. But they weren't sliding into anyone or starting any fights. The fights should have been reported to the Event Staff (if they didn't see it directly) and they should have been ejected from the venue.

For the money I pay to get in, I am there to enjoy Jimmy's songs and stories. It would have to be something extreme for me to leave his show (or any other concert) after just 30 minutes.

Of course, with songs like Margaritaville and WDWGDAS, there's bound to be a wee bit of liquid consumption... :wink:

For what it's worth, I captured and posted the show online at the Concert Trading thread below. Hopefully, we'll see you in future setlist threads!

09/06/2008 - Comcast Center - Mansfield, MA

beachbum13
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by beachbum13 » September 7, 2008 7:05 am

When I was in my twenties back in the eighties we were at a show at the then Garden State Arts Center. (don't know or care what they call it now!) There had been a downpour prior to the show and the grass was a wee bit slick.

Anyway we had this huge conga line snaking through the crown and somebody went down and it created this massive train wreck!!! I think every person in the line went down. People were sliding in the mud taking out people who were just hangin out watching the show. Some of those people were less than thrilled but most people laughed it off.

Today I don't think I would enjoy watching a show covered in mud but it sure didn't bother me then. I was at the show at CBP in June and I really prefer to stay dry!

I guess fights are different from conga lines. I've never seen a fight at a Buffett show but I guess it happens. Even if it did I would not like a couple of A holes spoil it for me. While moving can be a hassle I don't think leaving would be an option for me....

Summer 2017-
August 17 ~ Jimmy Buffett, BB&T
August 25 - Jason Aldean/Chris Young, BB&T
Kasey Chambers, City Winery NYC & World Café Philly
Deirks Bentley/Cole Swindel - PNC

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot » September 7, 2008 7:27 am

Touch O Parrotdise wrote:
Dezdmona wrote:Image I so wish that Jimmy would get over this song.

Is Alan there? :o
you and me both
There was a guy with a Alan Jackson mask there. Jimmy took it and used it as a prop.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

Post by phjim » September 7, 2008 7:40 am

aeroparrot wrote:

you and me both
There was a guy with a Alan Jackson mask there. Jimmy took it and used it as a prop.
I thought the mask looked like one of these. Did anyone get a picture of Jimmy wearing it?

mommar
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by mommar » September 7, 2008 7:45 am

I got a pic, but not very good at all.......... :cry: You can tell it's Alan Jackson if you look real hard, more of a silhouette type pic, so if no one else posts one today, I'll post it tomorrow. Can't post it tonite, cause I'm going to see CLUB TRINI!!!!!!!!! :D
http://dolphinlandings.com/
Been There, Done That, Had A Blast, and hopefully I'm doing it again!!

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot » September 7, 2008 7:48 am

phjim wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:

you and me both
I thought the mask looked like one of these. Did anyone get a picture of Jimmy wearing it?

Could have been. I didn't have a good look.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » September 7, 2008 8:46 am

phjim wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:

you and me both

It was like one of those, yeah. Same folks, the Kitchen brothers, made it. 'Alan's' had a cowboy hat on. Unfortunately I don't have any pics, either.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

desmarelda

Yesterday's show

Post by desmarelda » September 7, 2008 8:58 am

Went to the show, had uncovered seats and honestly, had a blast!
You knew you were going to get wet and so what? Nothing a change of clothes in the car after didn't fix. And it was warm rain. It came down so hard that we joked, it was more effective than my friend's shower at the Cape :D !
Loved, Loved, LOVED the time change!! There was still plenty of time to
have fun before and driving home while it was still light out was priceless!
We must be getting old. Can it be at 3 next year???
It was another, fun filled, different and thoroughly enjoyable show!!!!

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » September 7, 2008 9:02 am

What a great show! I'd never seen God's Own Drunk live before; AWESOME!
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

BostonFins
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Michelada

Post by BostonFins » September 7, 2008 9:17 am

Was on the lawn and had zero problems around me, and a great view of the stage too. Loved being in the rain, it was a blast. Who better to have a hurricane party with than JB. Great setlist as well, one of my fav Buffett shows.
"Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands..."

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl » September 7, 2008 9:22 am

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:What a great show! I'd never seen God's Own Drunk live before; AWESOME!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by gpblxbeach » September 7, 2008 10:00 am

Got home in time for tail end.
What a good set list .
:)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and proclaiming,
“Wow, what a ride!!!”

The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by The Five O'clock Parrott » September 7, 2008 10:08 am

My wife and I had a great time!!! We weren't undercover and did get a little wet but what the heck, it was Jimmy Buffett!! I did get to meet Ravi (Aeroparrot), Larry (LIPH),and Jeanie and Doc (DocandJeanie)
Mitch

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011

pgr17
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by pgr17 » September 7, 2008 10:48 am

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:What a great show! I'd never seen God's Own Drunk live before; AWESOME!
that was great... my sister and i were just talking about that song on the way to the show thinking how cool it would be to see it.

docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie » September 7, 2008 11:04 am

mommar wrote:I got a pic, but not very good at all.......... :cry: You can tell it's Alan Jackson if you look real hard, more of a silhouette type pic, so if no one else posts one today, I'll post it tomorrow. Can't post it tonite, cause I'm going to see CLUB TRINI!!!!!!!!! :D
I got a pic, and thought it was one of those giant buffett head guys that you see up there at GW's, anyone know what I mean?

Great show, great setlist, the rain didn't dampen anyone spirits [smilie=battingeyes.gif] I was at the end of the covered pavilion seats, yay!

I will post when I get home. Heading to Boston today, wish I was going to Club Trini, Scott Kirby, Nadirah and Peter show :(

I was not close enough to see, and my eyes aren't great, lol, but I did zoom the pic :wink: Just checked the pic, definately and hat, and a mustache, I have a great pic, will post when i get back!!!!!
ImageImageImage

rpnuge
Southeast of disorder

Cowborys in the Jungle

Post by rpnuge » September 7, 2008 2:16 pm

I was at last nights show and love Cowboy in the Jungle - but it sounded horrible last night. All other songs were great.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » September 7, 2008 5:32 pm

It was OK
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here