WTF detroit

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ormz6
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Morris' Nightmare
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Pint of Guinness

WTF detroit

Post by ormz6 »

10:00 a.m. I got on and no tickets available , but all the brokers had them last night , including the one linked up to ticketmaster
ormz6
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Re: WTF detroit

Post by ormz6 »

I'm replying to my own post but... Go to stubhub and see the listing for FIFTY lawn tickets at 95.00 apiece As they would say on that snl Weekend update bit REALLY?!?! WTF :evil: :evil: :evil:
NZParrothead58
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Little Miss Magic/ God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: whiskey

Post by NZParrothead58 »

I have always found the show in Detroit impossible to get tickets...that is without going to stub hub or ebay. However, I have had pretty decent luck on ebay over the years...it just may take you waiting until closer to the show. Regardless, that is why the Detroit venue drives me nuts...it's almost impossible to get tickets! Good luck!
miparrot4
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by miparrot4 »

Stupid ticketmaster and their stupid lottery! I am so mad I could spit nails! For the first time in 15 years, both my husband and I were shut out while in line. Didn't help that there were a bunch of people in front of us (thanks to crappy lottery) that were getting New Kids on the Block tickets. Seriously. Why don't they stagger ticket sale times to avoid this? Only 1 person got JB tickets. My hubby was on the phone in line and got pavilion (lawn sold out first). No luck with other friends in line and/or online. I'm still going but it was scary.
I've been lazy most all of my life,
Writing songs and sleeping late.
Any manual labor I've done purely by mistake.
Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!

Post by Detroit Finz »

I tried for 6 lawn right at 10:00 and was shut out. I tried next for 2 lawn and got them! So good for me and the wife, but tough luck for my friends. Counting myself lucky...
Salt air it ain't thin,
It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.
chill'n
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Golden Margarita With Salt

Post by chill'n »

I had the same reply on the computer on the phone before 10:01 a.m. I ended up purchasing tickets through ticketsNow at a much higher rate. I haven't ever had this problem buying Buffett tickets. I'm hoping to have better luck next week getting Chicago tickets.
chill'n
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Golden Margarita With Salt

Post by chill'n »

I had the same reply on the computer on the phone before 10:01 a.m. I ended up purchasing tickets through ticketsNow at a much higher rate. I haven't ever had this problem buying Buffett tickets. I'm hoping to have better luck next week getting Chicago tickets.
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

I have NEVER gotten tickets to Detroit on ticketmaster. Last time I went a fellow posted on BN that he had tickets he wasn't going to be able to use and he was from my home town...so I was able to meet him and he sold me the tickets for the same as he paid to get them.

Everyone says that Michigan's economy is soooo bad. But Buffett tickets are always sold out instantly. I was shut out again this year.

I noticed that there are hundreds of tickets fo sale on e-bay already. Which means that all those people who had no intention of attending the show were able to get tickets and several of us who want to go to the show didn't.

I have no idea what a solution to this problem would be...but it is a pretty sad situation. Last year Inever did get tickets. :-?
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
phins7209
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by phins7209 »

:pirate: I guess I was one of the lucky ones....Got row OO online ticketmaster and then while juggling between cellphone and landline phone got 2 RTC row R. It's probably some kind of miracle !
OMiTT
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by OMiTT »

I'm starting to get nervous.
My "insider" source told me yesterday that he thinks he will be able to come up with our tickets!
FruitcakeOnBoard
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by FruitcakeOnBoard »

Unless you absolutely "must" have the best seats in the house, take cash and go to the venue, you will find tickets at face value and below. If you don't want to do that start looking at ebay periodically for a good deal. Closer to the show will usually be lower prices. E-bay is almost always less than the broker sites.

P.S. This advice does not apply to the Sat Great Woods show.
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

I got two RTC row VV...greatful, but sure enough, 1 row outside the Pavillion. I would do anything to get under the 'P'.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control
traildogg66
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice

Post by traildogg66 »

Can't believe the scams going on with TicketMaster. Just sent a complaint to them about it.
Hoping more people will do the same and Jimmy will get wind of it.

Here's what I sent:

I would like to express my extreme displeasure at the manner in which TicketMaster is handling ticket sales for conerts.

On January 31st, 2009 I attempted to purchase 6 tickets for the Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band concert at DTE Music Theatre in Detroit Michigan. I signed on to my account and at the exact time that tickets went on sale I attempted to purchase 6 best available tickets. I was initially successful in reserving 6 tickets. I then attempted to pay for them but had a time limit of only 8 minutes. I attempted to use my existing credit card information to pay for the tickets but I was diverted to another security level that I have never had to use in the past. Before I was able to figure out what was required to finish my purchase the 8 minutes time limit had expired and I lost my tickets.

At this point I tried again only to find there were supposedly no tickets left and I was redirected to the Tickets Now site. Tickets had instantly been marked up by $100 or more and were subject to a $17 per ticket handling fee and a $29 mailing fee. At this point I abandoned my search for tickets due to these exhorbitantly high prices. I recently checked the Tickets Now web site and noted numberous tickets for this event are still for sale. This is a clear indication that the prices are too high.

My first complaint is that I believe that what is taking place borders on the criminal. I cannot help but suspect that Ticket Master is redirecting people like myself to their subsidiary web sites such as Tickets Now when tickets from the primary distributor - Ticket Master - are still available for one reason and one reason only - SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE MORE MONEY!! As the consumer relying on the honesty of your company I have no way to tell BUT APPEARANCE ARE EVERYTHING AND THIS APPEARS TO BE A SCAM.

In light of Bruce Springsteen's recent media comments in regards to similar complaints about his concert ticket sales, it appears that even the artists are taking note.

I will be emailing my complaint to Jimmy Buffett and posting my complaints on his various fan websites. Hopefully he will become aware of the manner in which Ticketmaster is treating his fans and he too will become involved.

My second complaint is that there were only 8 minutes allowed to complete my transaction for the purchase of tickets from the primary distributor. This is clearly not enough time should the purchaser experience some minor delay. Once again, it appears that this time limit is purposely made this short for the benefit of your company.

I will gladly speak to any TicketMaster representative about my complaint, preferrably in person.
caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

I had my "people" on the case and they came up empty handed.......I too hate scalpers. If anyone gets 2 lawns and wants to sell them to a very sad PH please pm me.
dabrilloman
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Capt'n & Coke

Post by dabrilloman »

traildogg66 wrote:Can't believe the scams going on with TicketMaster. Just sent a complaint to them about it.

Here's what I sent:

I would like to express my extreme displeasure at the manner in which TicketMaster is handling ticket sales for conerts.

On January 31st, 2009 I attempted to purchase 6 tickets for the Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band concert at DTE Music Theatre in Detroit Michigan. I signed on to my account and at the exact time that tickets went on sale I attempted to purchase 6 best available tickets. I was initially successful in reserving 6 tickets. I then attempted to pay for them but had a time limit of only 8 minutes. I attempted to use my existing credit card information to pay for the tickets but I was diverted to another security level that I have never had to use in the past. Before I was able to figure out what was required to finish my purchase the 8 minutes time limit had expired and I lost my tickets.

At this point I tried again only to find there were supposedly no tickets left and I was redirected to the Tickets Now site. Tickets had instantly been marked up by $100 or more and were subject to a $17 per ticket handling fee and a $29 mailing fee. At this point I abandoned my search for tickets due to these exhorbitantly high prices. I recently checked the Tickets Now web site and noted numberous tickets for this event are still for sale. This is a clear indication that the prices are too high.

My first complaint is that I believe that what is taking place borders on the criminal. I cannot help but suspect that Ticket Master is redirecting people like myself to their subsidiary web sites such as Tickets Now when tickets from the primary distributor - Ticket Master - are still available for one reason and one reason only - SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE MORE MONEY!! As the consumer relying on the honesty of your company I have no way to tell BUT APPEARANCE ARE EVERYTHING AND THIS APPEARS TO BE A SCAM.

In light of Bruce Springsteen's recent media comments in regards to similar complaints about his concert ticket sales, it appears that even the artists are taking note.

I will be emailing my complaint to Jimmy Buffett and posting my complaints on his various fan websites. Hopefully he will become aware of the manner in which Ticketmaster is treating his fans and he too will become involved.

My second complaint is that there were only 8 minutes allowed to complete my transaction for the purchase of tickets from the primary distributor. This is clearly not enough time should the purchaser experience some minor delay. Once again, it appears that this time limit is purposely made this short for the benefit of your company.

I will gladly speak to any TicketMaster representative about my complaint, preferrably in person.

I think the time of complaining to Ticketmaster has passed. Seeing the problems of getting Buffett tix and the outrage of the Springsteen fiasco, it is time to go further up the food chain. Write or call your State Representative in D.C., your state Senator, your Governor and your state Attorney General. What is going is getting to be nothing but a bald faced rip off by Ticketmaster. It is time for Washington to get involved with this!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I shot 6 holes in my freezer...AGAIN!!
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

dabrilloman wrote:
traildogg66 wrote:Can't believe the scams going on with TicketMaster. Just sent a complaint to them about it.

Here's what I sent:

I think the time of complaining to Ticketmaster has passed. Seeing the problems of getting Buffett tix and the outrage of the Springsteen fiasco, it is time to go further up the food chain. Write or call your State Representative in D.C., your state Senator, your Governor and your state Attorney General. What is going is getting to be nothing but a bald faced rip off by Ticketmaster. It is time for Washington to get involved with this!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Time for the angry mob!

Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

If you already have an account with ticketmaster, and there's no reason not to set it up ahead of time, when you buy tickets all you have to do is choose your method of delivery and click "submit order" or whatever that button at the bottom of the page says. It takes less than 10 seconds, not 8 minutes.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

LIPH wrote:If you already have an account with ticketmaster, and there's no reason not to set it up ahead of time, when you buy tickets all you have to do is choose your method of delivery and click "submit order" or whatever that button at the bottom of the page says. It takes less than 10 seconds, not 8 minutes.
Unless you get directed to that dreadful "verfied by visa" page where you have no choice but to register and make a password (of which I can never remember) :lol:

Thats why I use my Mastercard now.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
hemispheredancer05
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In Breathe Out Move On
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on my mood!!!

Post by hemispheredancer05 »

Maybe I am one of the rare few that were able to get tickets, but I did. I was able to get 2 pavillion tix RTC row FF. Are these pretty good? Also, for last years show I was able to get 3 pavillion row N on the first try. I think it boils down to the luck of the draw. It is just a shame that those who really want to go are shut out and the morons that do get through are just out to make a buck.
Michelle

Image Image

http://www.facebook.com/shelbyjosh ....hit me up!!

Soon-to-be U of M mom!! GO BLUE!!!
ormz6
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by ormz6 »

Well, I was logged onto my t-master account well before 10:00 and as soon as tix went onsale I got thru but was told no tix were available. However at that very time I could get them through ticketsnow .Not going to happen here, not at those prices . I did however write the fine folks at t-master/now . They actually replied to my email . Lip service thats all . We'll do as we have a few other times, just book the hotel rooms and look for tix the day of the show.