What's the Ticket Scene at the Vegas Show?

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

What's the Ticket Scene at the Vegas Show?

Post by Congobill »

I'm going to the Vegas show on the 23rd but don't have a ticket. I'm shocked at the prices I'm seeing on Ebay, Stubhub, Craigslist, etc. for even nosebleed seats. I'm thinking that there will be plenty of tickets available at the venue for more reasonable prices. Anybody been to past Vegas shows and been able to score tickets there on the scene? I'd like to know what to expect.

Thanks,
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: What's the Ticket Scene at the Vegas Show?

Post by lime rickie »

Did you look in here?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=82154
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

Post by Congobill »

lime rickie wrote:Did you look in here?

Yes, have been there just about every day and have not seen much happening. Was hoping those who have been to Vegas shows in the past can let those of us who are flying in blind (without tickets) know if there are usually many tickets for sale out front of the MGM venue prior to these shows. At this late date, I'm extremely hesitant to buy anything online where I'm sending my money to somebody who I hope will come through and send me tickets, as I figure the chances for getting ripped off are higher than ever. I'd feel safer knowing I can probably buy one when I get to town. Oh well, if if doesn't happen I'll just listen to the concert broadcast on SIRIUS in my hotel room, I guess. I'm seeing him tomorrow night at Shoreline so I'll get my Buffett fix this year regardless of whether I can get a ticket in Vegas. Thanks for the help!
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

Congobill wrote:
lime rickie wrote:Did you look in here?

Yes, have been there just about every day and have not seen much happening. Was hoping those who have been to Vegas shows in the past can let those of us who are flying in blind (without tickets) know if there are usually many tickets for sale out front of the MGM venue prior to these shows. At this late date, I'm extremely hesitant to buy anything online where I'm sending my money to somebody who I hope will come through and send me tickets, as I figure the chances for getting ripped off are higher than ever. I'd feel safer knowing I can probably buy one when I get to town. Oh well, if if doesn't happen I'll just listen to the concert broadcast on SIRIUS in my hotel room, I guess. I'm seeing him tomorrow night at Shoreline so I'll get my Buffett fix this year regardless of whether I can get a ticket in Vegas. Thanks for the help!
While their prices are typically very high, I will tell you that with Stubhub, the possibility of not getting tickets is almost 0--and if for some reason you don't get tickets, you have a guarantee, and you'll get your money back. But, quite often, you wind up paying a lot for this security blanket as their prices tend to be higher than what you see elsewhere.
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

Hang around Margaritaville/Alley during the pre-party and you'll find tickets galore...especially a single.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!