Razorgator Warning

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice

Razorgator Warning

Post by rmissbrook »

I just had a rather unpleasant experience with Razorgator. I decided to buy myself an outreageously expensive ticket to the Great Woods show in honor of the 26 anniversary of my 40 birthday. Last night I was checking out a number of sites, all of whom had pretty much the same tickets for the same prices. The big difference came in the service fee the site was charging. All of the sites except Razorgator showed you what the final total including the service fee would be before you actually purchased the ticket.

But Razorgator does not. You do not see the so called "connection fee" until after you have pressed "submit" which probably should have been my first clue. The delivery charge was only $16.95 but the service fee was $94.00! Once you have done that you have "purchased" the ticket and there is a no cancellation policy. But they very nicely tell you that you are free to relist the ticket for sale in order to recoup your cost. How kind of them. This is really going to be an even more outrageously expensive anniversary present than I had planned.

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: Razorgator Warning

Post by ScarletB »

Thanks for the tip but enjoy, what I'm assuming is going to be a very good seat!
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Goodness! That's a huge service fee! Hope you got a great seat.

Debbie
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

There's gotta be a law about hidden fees! :evil:
You should call your State Attorney General's office and ask for someone in the Consumer Protection office . . .
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
rmissbrook
I Love the Now!

Post by rmissbrook »

That's not a bad idea. I may just look into that on Monday.

Hugs, Kay

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl »

The other thing that often works out well is the consumer affairs department of your local TV stations. Ours are usually really good about getting things like this resolved because businesses don't want the negative publicity that comes from having it publicly aired on TV. Worth a shot!
rmissbrook
I Love the Now!

Post by rmissbrook »

So this outrageously expensive ticket that I splurged on includes VIP parking and access to the VIP area. Being a real novice about going to concerts and fairly naive on top of that, I'm not sure what this means. Will there be a separate line for the VIP parking? And will it be well marked? I can just see me winding up in on the Outer Banks when I could have been parked much closer. And what and where is the "VIP area"? I have a feeling that I have paid for something that I probably won't use just to get a seat up close to the stage. Live and learn. :oops:

Hugs, Kay

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

rmissbrook wrote:So this outrageously expensive ticket that I splurged on includes VIP parking and access to the VIP area. Being a real novice about going to concerts and fairly naive on top of that, I'm not sure what this means. Will there be a separate line for the VIP parking? And will it be well marked? I can just see me winding up in on the Outer Banks when I could have been parked much closer. And what and where is the "VIP area"? I have a feeling that I have paid for something that I probably won't use just to get a seat up close to the stage. Live and learn. :oops:
Hi Kay..it's clearly marked when you drive in..Mitch and his wife usually park there as well..
Quicker to get out... But not as much fun as hanging out with our group..(sorry Mitch)
You've got my number..But we'll probably be in 13

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

YIKES!!! There must be something that says they can't pop a huge charge like that after you have already submitted your order. :o

Hope you have a great concert!
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
CNSBA2
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Boat Drink: oddly i am a non drinker

Post by CNSBA2 »

The VIP parking is nice, you have a hang tag, that gets you in and out of the place in a hurry, your ticket will either have VIP on it, you will have a live nation VIP card, for 1/2 hr early entrance to the lounge-ish area, for some free light appetizers, and expensive drinks. IMO , I think its a good package, but im not a tail gator, or anything, you can check my past posts and pix for a typical VIP type experience. Just remember when leaving you are going to have lots of people walking through your drive line to get to their cars, but once there, its smooth sailing.

OH and as an FYI --
The top 3 worst ticket brokers are
1. Vivid Seats (they have a floating service fee depending on demand) 10-30 %
2. Razorgator (straight up ripoff at 20 % + inflated shipping) they even ship E tickets printed
3. The red letter winner for rip of of all rip offs is Tickets Now.. They may as well just use my sidearm and take the money in a burlap sack with a $$ sign out of my bank acct. They are so outrageously high it should be criminal.
CNSBA2
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Boat Drink: oddly i am a non drinker

Post by CNSBA2 »

rmissbrook wrote:I just had a rather unpleasant experience with Razorgator. I decided to buy myself an outreageously expensive ticket to the Great Woods show in honor of the 26 anniversary of my 40 birthday. Last night I was checking out a number of sites, all of whom had pretty much the same tickets for the same prices. The big difference came in the service fee the site was charging. All of the sites except Razorgator showed you what the final total including the service fee would be before you actually purchased the ticket.

But Razorgator does not. You do not see the so called "connection fee" until after you have pressed "submit" which probably should have been my first clue. The delivery charge was only $16.95 but the service fee was $94.00! Once you have done that you have "purchased" the ticket and there is a no cancellation policy. But they very nicely tell you that you are free to relist the ticket for sale in order to recoup your cost. How kind of them. This is really going to be an even more outrageously expensive anniversary present than I had planned.
That is incorrect , you see exactly what you are getting yourself into well before you even have to put in any info.... just put in a phony email addy, and you see the gouge before they even know your name. just tried it with 2 500 dolla tix.... popped up 125 service fee..

Service fee my Q#$%#%^#TY
swizzlestick
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: ...anything with Rum!!!

Post by swizzlestick »

rmissbrook wrote:I just had a rather unpleasant experience with Razorgator. I decided to buy myself an outreageously expensive ticket to the Great Woods show in honor of the 26 anniversary of my 40 birthday. Last night I was checking out a number of sites, all of whom had pretty much the same tickets for the same prices. The big difference came in the service fee the site was charging. All of the sites except Razorgator showed you what the final total including the service fee would be before you actually purchased the ticket.

WHOA!!!!! :o

Thanks for this information. There are a lot of ripoffs out there nowadays, unfortunately. This is why, if I can't get something reasonable through Live Nation or some other reliable source, I will be (sadly) skipping GW this year :( and partying on my patio listening to the concert on RM. It's getting ridiculous. I want to go so badly and hang with everybody and see JB, but not for an outrageously priced ticket. I do hope you have an awesome time however...GW is quite an experience you will fondly remember! :)

Lori
"...Yesterday's over my shoulder, so I can't look back for too long"
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

swizzlestick wrote:

Thanks for this information. There are a lot of ripoffs out there nowadays, unfortunately. This is why, if I can't get something reasonable through Live Nation or some other reliable source, I will be (sadly) skipping GW this year :( and partying on my patio listening to the concert on RM. It's getting ridiculous. I want to go so badly and hang with everybody and see JB, but not for an outrageously priced ticket. I do hope you have an awesome time however...GW is quite an experience you will fondly remember! :)
wait...tickets will pop up on the exchange here ,and more will be released....Patients!!!.....i know stub hub is 10% ...... if i post tickets for 100.00 ....when you buy them it would be 110.00.....but, when they pay me i would only get 90.00....i think Ace in Boston is the same.
swizzlestick
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: ...anything with Rum!!!

Post by swizzlestick »

TommyBahama wrote:
swizzlestick wrote:

wait...tickets will pop up on the exchange here ,and more will be released....Patients!!!.....i know stub hub is 10% ...... if i post tickets for 100.00 ....when you buy them it would be 110.00.....but, when they pay me i would only get 90.00....i think Ace in Boston is the same.
That's my plan Tommy. I'll just keeping watching and waiting. :wink:

Lori
"...Yesterday's over my shoulder, so I can't look back for too long"