Good Tix Tale - Past Show

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

opsoff1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Pussers Painkiller's

Good Tix Tale - Past Show

Post by opsoff1 »

First post here but figured with all the bad ticket stories, this might put a smile on some faces.
Back in 2010, dating a great gal who would become my future wife. I had a friend call and offer 2 free tickets to show in Mansfield MA. I accepted immediately and he said I could pick them up at Will Call. I called my GF and asked if she wanted to go - she had never seen JB, but I had seen him many times before. She was in and asked me when the show was - basically in about 4 hours. LOL. After the shock wore off, she left work, went home changed and drove to my house. I got home, did the same and prepped a quick impromptu mini tailgate. As could be expected - rush hour traffic, she got delayed - by a lot. Meanwhile I'm losing my mind waiting. She finally gets to my house we do the transfer of stuff to my truck and we are off like a prom dress. We are late - basically by the time we get there we'll have virtually zero time to tailgate. When we arrived, we were so late that there was zero traffic - no lines, nothing. The parking lot attendants shoo us right down to the very front lot - which was the VIP lot. Score! I ran to the will call window and got our tickets. The were GA Lawn seats - no worries - free and we were seeing JB. At this point we had about 20 mins before the show started - so our extravagant tailgate started with a Corona, chips and salsa. While we were literally sitting on my tailgate, we watched as a bicycle cop was making his rounds checking folks to make sure they had tickets and were moving in to the show. When he got to us, he asked if we had tickets, told him yes. He then asked if I was a vet (he'd seen my license plate), told him yes again. At that point he asked to see the tickets. I showed him the 2 tix and was stunned when he looked at them and said; "These tickets s***". I kind of turned red and said - hey they were freebies/last minute. At this point, he pulls out two tickets and sticks them in my shirt pocket and says; "Use these - they're better" To say we were stunned is an understatement. As we were going in, we gave him the original tickets to give to someone in the parking lot who didn't have tix. When we went in - we gave the tickets to the usher/ticket taker and he looks at us and say "OH, right this way" We follow him and he brings us to the seats....we end up in the 4th row, seats 1&2 right on the aisle and maybe 15-20' from the stage. Blown away.
OBTW we decided to get married on the way home. Great concert. We've tried to go every year since.
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Re: Good Tix Tale - Past Show

Post by surfpirate »

"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini