Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

02/26/2009 - JB at the Beachcomber - Honolulu HI

From the 2009 tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

chasescott66
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet

Re: 02/26/2009 - JB at the Beachcomber - Honolulu HI

Post by chasescott66 » February 27, 2009 12:06 am

What is on Radio Margaritaville? Is it this show or the 2006 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival?

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by gingerbreadman » February 27, 2009 12:31 am

chasescott66 wrote:What is on Radio Margaritaville? Is it this show or the 2006 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival?
Oh it's definitely NOT the show! It's the the Thursday night/Friday morning replay. :lol:

Screen says... New Orleans 5/6/2006. 8)
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » February 27, 2009 2:35 am

So this is what I was told was played this evening.

Please, people, don't shoot the messenger! :lol:

The Tiki Bar Is Open
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Miss You So Badly
Grapefruit Juicy Fruit
A Lot To Drink About
Son of a Son of a Sailor
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
Volcano
Cheeseburger
Come Monday
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Brown Eyed Girl
School Boy Heart
One Particular Harbour
A Pirate Looks At Forty
Southern Cross
Margaritaville

Encore:
Fins
We Are The People
Dukes On Sunday

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » February 27, 2009 2:41 am

Cool! Thanks, Dave.

Thought we might not see this until tomorrow. :) :)

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » February 27, 2009 2:55 am

conched wrote:Cool! Thanks, Dave.

Thought we might not see this until tomorrow. :) :)
Thanks Nancy, tho... "that" one particular tomorrow has been here for almost 3 hours now! :lol:

crippen
Favorite Buffett Song: Hey Good Lookin

Post by crippen » February 27, 2009 10:45 am

HEY!! I really wish there was a way to get a special request to Jimmy Buffett, Our family really would like to hear "Hey Good Lookin". That was my Grandmother's favorite song. She had Alzheimers and she sang it up till the day she died. We also lost our uncle 2 weeks ago, this would have been his 17th concert. We all bought ticket's including him. We are going to the Frisco show. It would be so special to hear that song and be there in rememberance of my Uncle and Granny. Hope everyone has a good day.

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » February 28, 2009 2:11 pm

crippen wrote:HEY!! I really wish there was a way to get a special request to Jimmy Buffett, Our family really would like to hear "Hey Good Lookin". That was my Grandmother's favorite song. She had Alzheimers and she sang it up till the day she died. We also lost our uncle 2 weeks ago, this would have been his 17th concert. We all bought ticket's including him. We are going to the Frisco show. It would be so special to hear that song and be there in rememberance of my Uncle and Granny. Hope everyone has a good day.
Your chances of hearing that song in Texas are good. Sail on ~ crippen's uncle and grandmother. crippen, you come from a family with good taste in music. :)

Welcome to Buffettnews!!!

Join us at the Frisco Feeding Frenzy...read about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=74821

We had a campaign going last year to hear Nautical Wheelers at the Jones Beach show. We sent out messages every way we could. Jimmy played it a little early (like a couple of shows before Jones Beach), but we got to hear it on Radio Margaritaville and we got a great encore of Oysters and Pearls at Jones Beach which was really nice too. :wink:

Thanks to Jimmy and the Coral Reefers and RM for ALL the "parrothead favorites!"

"Spread A Little ALOHA Around the World"

Written by Danny Kennedy shortly after 9-11

crippen
Favorite Buffett Song: Hey Good Lookin

Post by crippen » February 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks for the response! I really hope they play it! I can't wait. We are bringin the camper and partyin too! Can't wait!

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » February 28, 2009 7:38 pm

In doing some reading, I read this written by Tom Moffatt on Feb. 11.

THE TALK OF WAIKIKI ... Jimmy Buffett‘s at the Beachcomber started serving last week, with its grand opening set for the week of Jimmy’s Feb. 28 Waikiki Shell concert. The eatery’s stage occupies roughly the same area where Don Ho performed for many years, and in a touching tribute it has been formally named The Don Ho Stage.

Don’s widow Haumea was the first dancer to grace the stage named in honor of her late husband. Understand that when guest bands take the stage, their first song of the night will be Tiny Bubbles … a tribute to Don. I took Jimmy to the Beachcomber to see Don for the first time a few years ago, and Jimmy just loved watching him perform. The two became immediate friends. I can’t wait to see Jimmy’s first show on “The Don Ho Stage”! Betcha his opening number will be ... you guessed it ... Tiny Bubbles …

I guess this didn't happen. :-? I guess Jimmy's old friend Colonel Tom Moffatt guessed wrong.

http://www.midweek.com/content/columns/utg/

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » March 2, 2009 6:14 pm

This was posted by DHPH on another thread, so I copied it here since it is probably from the show at Jimmy's at the Beachcomber! :) :) SWEET!!!
Dutch Harbor PH wrote:From Thursday night.....

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 » March 2, 2009 10:37 pm

conched wrote:And here I sit in dreary old south Texas watching the webcams at Kuhio and Waikiki Beaches.

http://www.honolulu.gov/multimed/wme.asp

Sometimes I switch to the Waikiki Beach webcam and watch the tourist having fun by the big Duke surfboard, waving to their friends they are talking with on their cells. :lol:

http://www.honolulu.gov/multimed/waikiki.asp

I like the music on Waikiki Beach better. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :lol:
I think a LOT of folks don't realize there's a webcam there :o (And I probably have at least a few seconds of fame on it as well, hope it doesn't end up on YOUTUBE :o)
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » March 3, 2009 10:48 pm

Dutch Harbor PH wrote:From Thursday night.....

Having no idea what song that was from...

Every time I look at that I can't stop thinking...

At a moment like this, you can't help but wonder, what would Jimmy Buffett do??? :lol:

Fred and Georgia
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by Fred and Georgia » March 6, 2009 9:49 am

Yes, we were there! Georgia won the Landshark flyaway contest and I guess I behaved well enough in the weeks leading up to the trip because I got to go with her! :-) We had a great time - Landshark were wonderful , first class hosts - great food, parties and all the Landshark we could drink? What's not to like??!! The show at the Beachcomber was AWESOME. First time we'd seen Jimmy and the band in such an intimate setting - we stood maybe 10 feet from JB. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd post some pics!! Hello to all the great phlockers and Buffettnews friends we met that week...

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 » March 6, 2009 7:49 pm

Fred and Georgia wrote:Yes, we were there! Georgia won the Landshark flyaway contest and I guess I behaved well enough in the weeks leading up to the trip because I got to go with her! :-) We had a great time - Landshark were wonderful , first class hosts - great food, parties and all the Landshark we could drink? What's not to like??!! The show at the Beachcomber was AWESOME. First time we'd seen Jimmy and the band in such an intimate setting - we stood maybe 10 feet from JB. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd post some pics!! Hello to all the great phlockers and Buffettnews friends we met that week...
WTG :) Glad you had a good time...
Actually I was just in Hawaii as well, I think I visited the JB's at the Beachcomber twice while there (and twice on the same day :o)... But unfortunately didn't get to "crash" the private show :( :( :(
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???

FredandGeorgia
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Texas Margarita, rocks - with salt

Post by FredandGeorgia » March 28, 2009 5:31 pm

To all the other Landshark Beachcomber contest winners: It was great meeting all of you... We have some party pics to exchange - get in touch with us! Fred & Georgia

NCphan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Boat Drink: The almighty 'rita

Post by NCphan » April 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Hey Fred,

Just saw you post on here. It was super meeting you and Georgia as well. Trip was a blast wasn't it! From what I can tell, the show didn't make it onto Radio Margaritaville. Too bad b/c is was a great show. Go back and check out the lyrics to 'Duke' on Sunday' and they have a whole new meaning. We saw Jimmy on the beach the day of the show 'in the shadow of Diamond Head'! Seeing him out the surfing while we were swimming was pretty cool.

I had planned on doing a little write up on Jim's "I am a Landshark Winner' thread, but it has been while so I am not sure if anyone would care about reading it.

Hope we can keep in touch.

Will and Kim from Salisbury NC
Will
Salisbury NC

FredandGeorgia
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Boat Drink: Texas Margarita, rocks - with salt

Post by FredandGeorgia » April 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Great meeting you two, too. Yeah-we were singing "Dukes" at the top of our lungs at the Shell on Saturday! Don't know if you're on Meet The Phlockers, but you can find us there as "Fred and Georgia". Keep in touch.