Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

From the 2009 tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by rich_big » June 25, 2009 11:27 pm

magnus & Mr Moon wrote:
rich_big wrote:just got here, tardy again for summerzcool. anyone else here?
good news - no demerits in summerzcool - learned that last week. And we all get "As". Great show. Really.

good. thanks. there was no mention of jackson tonight, ala the tribute to ed the other night, was there?

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4420
Joined: July 24, 2006 8:15 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in my car...

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Martyritaville » June 25, 2009 11:28 pm

magnus & Mr Moon wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:I believe all the BN Janices are in the house!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time on Saturday!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks dave! :D
What is happening on Saturday??? I think I have some yard work or household chores to do. :wink: :wench: :D
You guys get "Uncle John"...

Just speculatin'...
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Image

Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3872
Joined: January 22, 2007 12:05 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Migration Michelle » June 25, 2009 11:28 pm

gingerbreadman wrote:Nice job dude!

A few additions are in red. IT IS SummerZcool after all!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

See y'all on Saturday! :wink: :wink:
Volcano5270 wrote:Comcast Center Mansfield, MA
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
2009 Summerzcool Tour
Thursday June 25, 2009

Jake and Robert playing Star Spangled Banner
Hot Hot Hot

1 Lage Nom Ai
2 Stars On The Water
3 SummerZcool
4 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (with Professor Mac McAnally)
5 Mañana
6 Conky Tonkin' (with Nadirah on vocals)
7 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
8 Volcano (with Ilo Ferreira)
9 Cheeseburger In Paradise
10 Come Monday (with the Beach Band and Jake)
11 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
12 Brown Eyed Girl (with Sweet Sally Taylor) (that would be James Taylor's daughter)
13 One Particular Harbour
14 A Lot To Drink About

Recess from SummerZcool
Surfing video set to surfing music
One Love video

Jimmy on uke and Robert playing the One Love after video
15 My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink And I Don't Love Jesus (Jimmy on uke with Jake and Mac)
16 Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit
17 Last Mango In Paris (for Tim Krekel)
18 Home Again (Ilo Ferreira on lead vocals)
19 Feel Like Surfing In A Hurricane
20 Southern Cross
21 Rhumba Man
22 Scarlet Begonias (with Jake)
23 A Pirate Looks At Forty (Jimmy with Jake)
24 Margaritaville (with the lost verse)
25 Fins


First Encore:

Band Intros: Tina Gullickson, Nadirah Shakoor, Professor Ralph MacDonald, Peter Mayer, Doyle Grisham from Brunswick Maine, Professor Mac McAnally, Dancing Roger Guth, Jim Mayer, Professor Robert Greenidge, Dancing John Lovell, focused Michael Utley, Jake Shimabukuro, and again Ilo Ferreira

26 We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About
27 Yellow Submarine

Second Encore:
28 Tin Cup Chalice (just Jimmy)

((((Dave)))) You are such a good little setlister!!!
Thanks for all your hard work! :D :D :D :D

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 26793
Joined: January 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: living for the day

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by txaggirl91 » June 25, 2009 11:29 pm

MARTY!!!!!!!

big hugs to you and Moe!

I'll see you in about 40 days in Cincy!
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4420
Joined: July 24, 2006 8:15 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in my car...

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Martyritaville » June 25, 2009 11:31 pm

rich_big wrote:
magnus & Mr Moon wrote:
rich_big wrote:just got here, tardy again for summerzcool. anyone else here?
good news - no demerits in summerzcool - learned that last week. And we all get "As". Great show. Really.

good. thanks. there was no mention of jackson tonight, ala the tribute to ed the other night, was there?
No there wasn't - I don't think that was an oversite. Just M's 2 cents. I don't buy the superstar thing in his case. He was Peter Frampton in a different genre with better dance moves & PR.

Ok, go to bed, Marty... :lol:
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Image

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Posts: 63423
Joined: April 13, 2006 2:32 am
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)
Contact:

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by flipflopgirl » June 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Martyritaville wrote:
magnus & Mr Moon wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:I believe all the BN Janices are in the house!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time on Saturday!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks dave! :D
What is happening on Saturday??? I think I have some yard work or household chores to do. :wink: :wench: :D
You guys get "Uncle John"...

Just speculatin'...

It was a great one to hear last week!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Great job to Volcano as well for the set list!!!!!!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4420
Joined: July 24, 2006 8:15 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in my car...

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Martyritaville » June 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Where I came in - good night all! Love ya to the moon & back.

-M.

*poof*
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Image

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by rich_big » June 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Martyritaville wrote:Where I came in - good night all! Love ya to the moon & back.

-M.

*poof*

love ya to the moons of jupiter and back...

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Posts: 63423
Joined: April 13, 2006 2:32 am
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)
Contact:

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by flipflopgirl » June 25, 2009 11:36 pm

(((((((((((((((((((Marty))))))))))))))))))) love you and Moe too!!! :lol: :lol: Sweet dreams to you both!!!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by rich_big » June 25, 2009 11:41 pm

was there more product placement in tonights show or boston refs?

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5604
Joined: August 20, 2003 10:20 am
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**
Location: Ottawa Canada
Contact:

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Snowparrot » June 25, 2009 11:51 pm

goodnight whoever!

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by rich_big » June 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Snowparrot wrote:goodnight whoever!
see you whenever.....

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by rich_big » June 26, 2009 12:07 am

thank you, nadirah....

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72647
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Number of Concerts: 42
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by aeroparrot » June 26, 2009 7:14 am

Very good show.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76377
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » June 26, 2009 9:55 am

Most excellent show! Jake *ROCKED* on Scarlet Begonias!
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Big Green PH
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 253
Joined: March 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 16
Location: That One Particular Harbor

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Big Green PH » June 26, 2009 10:35 am

ejr wrote:nice to hear this, though I am surprised there's no mention of MJ or Farrah. Wonder how many in the crowd don't know about MJ.
I was there, and I didn't hear about MJ until I got back to the parking lot for the post-party and somebody pulled it up on their blackberry. Give the great weather, though, most of the phlock was in no state to keep up with current events, as you might expect.
"I need to start growing up," I thought to myself the other day, as I sat in my pillow fort.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 13850
Joined: May 31, 2001 8:00 pm

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by ejr » June 26, 2009 10:51 am

Big Green PH wrote:
ejr wrote:nice to hear this, though I am surprised there's no mention of MJ or Farrah. Wonder how many in the crowd don't know about MJ.
I was there, and I didn't hear about MJ until I got back to the parking lot for the post-party and somebody pulled it up on their blackberry. Give the great weather, though, most of the phlock was in no state to keep up with current events, as you might expect.
That might actually be one of the reasons Buffett made no mention of it last night--if lots of folks didn't already know, he didn't want to end things by being the bearer of such sad news.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72647
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Number of Concerts: 42
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Re: 06/25/2009 - Mansfield, MA

Post by aeroparrot » June 26, 2009 1:06 pm

ejr wrote:
Big Green PH wrote:
ejr wrote:nice to hear this, though I am surprised there's no mention of MJ or Farrah. Wonder how many in the crowd don't know about MJ.
I was there, and I didn't hear about MJ until I got back to the parking lot for the post-party and somebody pulled it up on their blackberry. Give the great weather, though, most of the phlock was in no state to keep up with current events, as you might expect.
That might actually be one of the reasons Buffett made no mention of it last night--if lots of folks didn't already know, he didn't want to end things by being the bearer of such sad news.
That, plus I think he was also in mourning (so to speak) for losing a former Coral Reefer recently too.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image

Post Reply