Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

08/29/2009 - East Troy WI

From the 2009 tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Re: 08/29/2009 - East Troy WI

Post by Bicycle Bill » September 1, 2009 11:40 am

CaptainP wrote:
conched wrote:
Frank4 wrote:Manana was the high light of the show for me...it was so much fun to see that...
I always enjoy Jimmy's changed/localized lyrics on Manana too.
Yeah, Jimmy did his homework this year...lots of Wisconsin drops!
Of course he did his homework ... after all, it was Summerzkool!!!
I just wonder why, as long as he referred to the intermission as 'recess', he didn't call the encores 'detention'?
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » September 1, 2009 3:36 pm

Bicycle Bill wrote:
CaptainP wrote:
conched wrote:
Frank4 wrote:Manana was the high light of the show for me...it was so much fun to see that...
I always enjoy Jimmy's changed/localized lyrics on Manana too.
Yeah, Jimmy did his homework this year...lots of Wisconsin drops!
Of course he did his homework ... after all, it was Summerzkool!!!
I just wonder why, as long as he referred to the intermission as 'recess', he didn't call the encores 'detention'?
Maybe next show he will!!! :lol: :lol: Or EXTRA tutoring!!

From Wisconsin MANANA:

"They're feezing up in Michigan ...and we're here in Wisconsin under the stars"
"Don't try to describe Lake Geneva if you've never seen it"
"Hanging out in East Troy when Aaron Rogers called saying the packers are in camp...come out and throw around the ball..."
"Got friends here from Sheboygan who might save the day..."
"Don't try to describe the best bratwurst if you've never eaten it..."
"Bright lights of Chicago about 20 miles east.."
"Don't try to describe the Moon Fest if you've never been there...I have!"

FINNSUP
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by FINNSUP » September 2, 2009 7:14 am

Let me just say I am so p*** about the concert Saturday August 29th 2009 Alpine Valley WI!
I have not missed a show there in 14 years with the exception when Jimmy played Wrigley and was doing the movie Hoot.
As most do we were so looking forward to the show. Tailgate party is always the best @ Alpine. During the tailgate kids were getting busted left and right by undercover cops. Going through security was tight and when they scanned your tickets was ok. It was so over sold we could not get to our seats! 2 of my friends were knocked over and stepped on. My girl friend and I were being crushed by the crowd. We never got to see the show. I have seen Jimmy all over the country. Most of the time at Alpine. Its never been a problem till then! To us and thousands of other fans, the show was way over sold! I know some will say we should have gone earlier and we did. Its never been like that! EVER!!!!

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill » September 2, 2009 11:41 am

FINNSUP wrote:Let me just say I am so p*** about the concert Saturday August 29th 2009 Alpine Valley WI!
I have not missed a show there in 14 years with the exception when Jimmy played Wrigley and was doing the movie Hoot.
As most do we were so looking forward to the show. Tailgate party is always the best @ Alpine. During the tailgate kids were getting busted left and right by undercover cops. Going through security was tight and when they scanned your tickets was ok. It was so over sold we could not get to our seats! 2 of my friends were knocked over and stepped on. My girl friend and I were being crushed by the crowd. We never got to see the show. I have seen Jimmy all over the country. Most of the time at Alpine. Its never been a problem till then! To us and thousands of other fans, the show was way over sold! I know some will say we should have gone earlier and we did. Its never been like that! EVER!!!!
As I've mentioned elsewhere in these boards, this was my first ever JB concert as well as my first concert at Alpine Valley. I had a ticket for the lawn, but decided about an hour or so before the gates opened (mostly due to the weather) to buy a pavilion ticket that someone near our tailgate group was trying to sell. My only concern was that perhaps it was a bogus ticket but it looked good to me, and it was OK when I went through the turnstiles and had it scanned. The inspection to see if I was carrying any contraband was cursory at best — nobody patted me down; I get checked tighter than this at the airport! I did have a 35-mm point-and-shoot camera and nobody said squat about it, although I was carrying a copy of the email I had received Friday saying that these were OK just in case someone had squawked. I checked out a couple of the T-shirt booths and then went to my seat without any problems whatsoever. Saw a great show, and had a fab-tastic time.

Now, I will say that I did go thru the gates about an hour ahead of scheduled showtime; maybe it was more of a zoo at the gates as it got closer to 8 PM. And the wind and the drizzle, I'm sure, didn't help matters any, especially on the steep hill that makes up the grass/lawn seating. I don't know how you could have *not* seen the show, though — even from the top of the hill the sightlines were pretty clear.

Sorry your experience was so much different from mine. I'll probably be back, and maybe even stay on the lawn next time provided the weather cooperates. Although it was great seeing the show from row EE rather than somewhere a city block or more back from the stage.....
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by CaptainP » September 4, 2009 12:26 am

FINNSUP wrote:Let me just say I am so p*** about the concert Saturday August 29th 2009 Alpine Valley WI!

Sorry you had a bad experience. I had none of these issues...and none of my friends reported anything of the sort. Sounds like you just had a bad run of luck that day...hopefully next year will be better!!!