Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

From the 2009 tour

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 1:43 am

This is not a new song. He has already updated it to reflect more current events.


People around me at the Irvine show were amazed I was singing along and knew the words….

User avatar
SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8586
Joined: January 24, 2004 10:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0
Contact:

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by SunLover » November 22, 2009 1:51 am

Karacal wrote:
SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:Yeah, but why can’t this be a springtime song? Or a Xmas song?
He played it here in Atlanta in April. That's the springtime version of the song.

And wait a couple months and you'll be able to play it during Xmas.
Sunlover, you are in Atlanta? Are you going to Peter's show in Stone Mtn? I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta.
I'm just a bit south of Atlanta. I didn't know Peter was coming here. I see that he will be playing here on Wed, Dec 2. I would not be able to get off from w*rk to catch the show.

Are you going to the show? I bet it will be a good show...

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 1:53 am

<---playing and singing along to One Love. I wish they had me in that video....

User avatar
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8378
Joined: February 12, 2007 10:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke
Location: South Carolina

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by Karacal » November 22, 2009 1:54 am

SunLover wrote:
Karacal wrote:
SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:Yeah, but why can’t this be a springtime song? Or a Xmas song?
He played it here in Atlanta in April. That's the springtime version of the song.

And wait a couple months and you'll be able to play it during Xmas.
Sunlover, you are in Atlanta? Are you going to Peter's show in Stone Mtn? I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta.
I'm just a bit south of Atlanta. I didn't know Peter was coming here. I see that he will be playing Dec 2. I would not be able to get off from w*rk to catch the show.

Are you going to the show? I bet it will be a good show...
Yes we are going to the show. I'm sorry you won't be able to get off work. It is an amazing time!
Barbara

Image Image

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 1:54 am

SunLover wrote:
Karacal wrote:
SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:Yeah, but why can’t this be a springtime song? Or a Xmas song?
He played it here in Atlanta in April. That's the springtime version of the song.

And wait a couple months and you'll be able to play it during Xmas.
Sunlover, you are in Atlanta? Are you going to Peter's show in Stone Mtn? I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta.
I'm just a bit south of Atlanta. I didn't know Peter was coming here. I see that he will be playing here on Wed, Dec 2. I would not be able to get off from w*rk to catch the show.

Are you going to the show? I bet it will be a good show...
Is that going to be his Christmas show? I heard that advertised today. I think its in New Jersey.

I have never seen Peter (w/o JB) I bet it’s a good show, tho…..

User avatar
SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8586
Joined: January 24, 2004 10:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0
Contact:

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by SunLover » November 22, 2009 1:55 am

rich_big wrote:<---playing and singing along to One Love. I wish they had me in that video....
We could take the original video and edit in a clip of you playing with the song... :wink:

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 1:56 am

SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:<---playing and singing along to One Love. I wish they had me in that video....
We could take the original video and edit in a clip of you playing with the song... :wink:

why not? Jimmy did. that would be SO COOL!!!!

have me first...Rich B, Los Angeles, California, USA.

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 1:59 am

this song is pretty cool. I think I should find the chords for it and play it. I bet its not that hard. Well, Jimmy's part. Mac's part is hard.

boardkicker1015
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: August 11, 2006 1:10 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks, Southern Cross, Last Mango in Paris, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Long Island Ice Tea

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by boardkicker1015 » November 22, 2009 1:59 am

hey all...I was at the show tonight...it was great (ill post more tommoroe if you wanna hear) however what was the chesney comment buffett made tonight...it was directed toward mac. I didn't catch it

User avatar
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Posts: 33009
Joined: April 12, 2003 12:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: Elena's house
Contact:

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by CaptainP » November 22, 2009 2:01 am

OK! I'm here! The show can start now!






Oh, damn.
Image
Image

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 2:02 am

boardkicker1015 wrote:hey all...I was at the show tonight...it was great (ill post more tommoroe if you wanna hear) however what was the chesney comment buffett made tonight...it was directed toward mac. I didn't catch it

I am jealous of you.

I did not notice a Kenny C comment yet…..

please post a review of the show tomorrow, or sooner if you are not that tired, I'd love to read it...

User avatar
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8378
Joined: February 12, 2007 10:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke
Location: South Carolina

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by Karacal » November 22, 2009 2:05 am

rich_big wrote:
SunLover wrote:
Karacal wrote:
SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:Yeah, but why can’t this be a springtime song? Or a Xmas song?
He played it here in Atlanta in April. That's the springtime version of the song.

And wait a couple months and you'll be able to play it during Xmas.
Sunlover, you are in Atlanta? Are you going to Peter's show in Stone Mtn? I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta.
I'm just a bit south of Atlanta. I didn't know Peter was coming here. I see that he will be playing here on Wed, Dec 2. I would not be able to get off from w*rk to catch the show.

Are you going to the show? I bet it will be a good show...
Is that going to be his Christmas show? I heard that advertised today. I think its in New Jersey.

I have never seen Peter (w/o JB) I bet it’s a good show, tho…..
It is the Christmas show...Stars and Promises. It is wonderful.
Barbara

Image Image

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 2:06 am

CaptainP wrote:OK! I'm here! The show can start now!






Oh, damn.

Ok, people always badmouth people from Los Angeles for this. Are you a Dodgers fan?

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 2:07 am

Karacal wrote:
rich_big wrote:
SunLover wrote:
Karacal wrote:
SunLover wrote:
rich_big wrote:Yeah, but why can’t this be a springtime song? Or a Xmas song?
He played it here in Atlanta in April. That's the springtime version of the song.

And wait a couple months and you'll be able to play it during Xmas.
Sunlover, you are in Atlanta? Are you going to Peter's show in Stone Mtn? I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta.
I'm just a bit south of Atlanta. I didn't know Peter was coming here. I see that he will be playing here on Wed, Dec 2. I would not be able to get off from w*rk to catch the show.

Are you going to the show? I bet it will be a good show...
Is that going to be his Christmas show? I heard that advertised today. I think its in New Jersey.

I have never seen Peter (w/o JB) I bet it’s a good show, tho…..
It is the Christmas show...Stars and Promises. It is wonderful.

does he do christmas carols?

boardkicker1015
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: August 11, 2006 1:10 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks, Southern Cross, Last Mango in Paris, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Long Island Ice Tea

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by boardkicker1015 » November 22, 2009 2:09 am

can't type to muxh now..im dead tired and on my phone reading bn...I got tons of pics and some video...Ill share them tommorow with a review...(should I post it in this fourm or the general one)

ilo set was good afterwards as well but no one from the crb showed up. it was quick anout 45 mintues and it was a good size crowd

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4650
Joined: August 17, 2007 12:36 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by rich_big » November 22, 2009 2:10 am

boardkicker1015 wrote:can't type to muxh now..im dead tired and on my phone reading bn...I got tons of pics and some video...Ill share them tommorow with a review...(should I post it in this fourm or the general one)

ilo set was good afterwards as well but no one from the crb showed up. it was quick anout 45 mintues and it was a good size crowd

DUUUUDDDEEE!!! You got to see a private Ilo show as well? I wish I was you.


I look forward to your review, video, and photos tomorrow…

User avatar
SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8586
Joined: January 24, 2004 10:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0
Contact:

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by SunLover » November 22, 2009 2:25 am

rich_big wrote:
boardkicker1015 wrote:hey all...I was at the show tonight...it was great (ill post more tommoroe if you wanna hear) however what was the chesney comment buffett made tonight...it was directed toward mac. I didn't catch it

I am jealous of you.

I did not notice a Kenny C comment yet…..

please post a review of the show tomorrow, or sooner if you are not that tired, I'd love to read it...
Jimmy kept referring to Mac as musician and/or magician of the year, from his recent CMA award. Before "Five Oclock Somewhere", Mac was saying he won an award for timekeeper of the year and said something like "it's about time". After the song, Jimmy asked him when does that Kenny Chesney tour start. Mac said "I think that's 2011". Jimmy took it back, saying "that was harsh, I take that back".

User avatar
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62379
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by LIPH » November 22, 2009 7:37 am

rich_big wrote:
boardkicker1015 wrote:can't type to muxh now..im dead tired and on my phone reading bn...I got tons of pics and some video...Ill share them tommorow with a review...(should I post it in this fourm or the general one)

ilo set was good afterwards as well but no one from the crb showed up. it was quick anout 45 mintues and it was a good size crowd

DUUUUDDDEEE!!! You got to see a private Ilo show as well? I wish I was you.


I look forward to your review, video, and photos tomorrow…
Ilo did a free show at Margaritaville after the big show in the arena.

mashedbanana6
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 5
Joined: November 22, 2009 8:47 am
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At Forty
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Landshark
Location: Stranded On A Sandbar

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by mashedbanana6 » November 22, 2009 8:49 am

Had a great time at my first show last night! Looking forward to next summer's tour.

User avatar
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11079
Joined: September 2, 2007 9:40 am
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty
Location: Colchester, VT

Re: 11/21/2009 - Uncasville, CT

Post by C-Dawg » November 22, 2009 9:49 am

mashedbanana6 wrote:Had a great time at my first show last night! Looking forward to next summer's tour.

Congrats on your first show, and welcome to BN....stick around, get to know us (and let us get to know you) and party with us at the next tailgate
ImageImage



Image

Post Reply