08.04.2012 – Atlantic City, NJ

Set lists from the 2012 tour (Lounging at the Lagoon)
conched
Last Man Standing

Re: 08.04.2012 – Atlantic City, NJ

Post by conched »

SGH and sgh, glad you both got to go and enjoy the show.

TCC was a good audible... As was Last Mango In Paris.

Also enjoyed Everybody's on the PHone.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

sistergoldenhair wrote:Don't know if anyone will see this being that it's Sunday, show over :cry: , but I was there and the energy in Boardwalk Hall was great, even though we had some yellow album babies that sat through some super songs ... the banter was different from what he has been doing this tour, loved the horseshoe crab story and the Garden State Arts Center references (please come back, Jimmy ...) and it was so funny, after Fins, people started leaving, and I saw Jimmy bound back onto the stage, and I was like, "Don't leave! Turn around!" Even after Tin Cup Chalice was over, he didn't leave the stage right away. It was like he was having too much fun .. Also the beach bars had very good trop rock, lots of dancing, very happening scene with friendly parrot heads .. Can't wait for Jones Beach!

I would see him at the Garden State Arts Center (if it is the one right off of the Garden State Parkway up near Holmdel).
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

A photo of the setlist shows THE CHANGES made during the show compared to the AC Setlist, which includes, of course Tin Cup Chalice and switching Last Mango In Paris for Savannah Fare You Well.
(Notice how Jimmy always calls Swinging Hula Girl...Swinging Hula Man instead)

Tin Cup Chalice as a closer had to be the most special change. Thanks, Jimmy!!

SunLover wrote:Boardwalk Hall – Atlantic City, NJ
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Lounging At The Lagoon
Saturday, August 4, 2012

HOT HOT HOT

01 One Particular Harbour
02 You'll Never Work In Dis Bidness Again
03 Another Saturday Night
04 Growing Older But Not Up
05 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
06 Come Monday
07 Knee Deep
08 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
09 Swingin’ Hula Girl
10 Volcano
11 Last Mango In Paris
12 Cheeseburger In Paradise (Land of 1000 Cheeseburgers intro)
13 King Of Somewhere Hot (Nadirah being the Queen Of Somewhere Hot)

Acoustic Set
14 Piece Of Work (tribute to Andy Griffith and Mayberry RFD)
15 Pencil Thin Mustache featuring John Lovell, raised by a family of horseshoe crabs...
16 Southern Cross (played like in a noisy bar in Avalon)

17 Jolly Mon Sing
18 Margaritaville 2012 (Atlantic City version, with Under The Boardwalk)
19 A Pirate Looks At Forty
20 Everybody's On The Phone (last played 05-22-2010: Pizza Hut Park – Frisco, TX)
21 Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw, (with the long battle of the band intro. They played after The Commodores...)
22 All Night Long

Encore
23 Bama Breeze

Band Intros
Tina Gullickson, Miss Nadirah Shakoor, Eric Darken on percussion, Peter Mayer on guitar, Dangerous Doyle Grisham on pedal steel, Mac McAnally , Jellyfish Roger Guth on drums, Mr Jim Mayer on different basses, That Happy Lad from Trinidad Mr Robert Greenidge on steel drums, Not raised by horseshoe crabs John Lovell on trumpet, Michael Utley on keyboard

24 Brown Eyed Girl
25 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
26 Fins

Acoustic Encore
27 Tin Cup Chalice (Jimmy solo)

momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Post by momsrule27 »

Concert was awesome! :D As others have said the energy in the hall was pumped up! We were in Section 121 fourth row and had a great crowd around us - lots of fun, especially the 20 somethings on the floor in front of us. They put on quite a show too - very funny - but not obnoxious. At times I found myself watching them more than the stage! :lol: The 5 1/2+ round trip drive sucked :x but I am so glad we went! Now a break until Jones Beach - my favorite venue!
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

aeroparrot wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:Don't know if anyone will see this being that it's Sunday, show over :cry: , but I was there and the energy in Boardwalk Hall was great, even though we had some yellow album babies that sat through some super songs ... the banter was different from what he has been doing this tour, loved the horseshoe crab story and the Garden State Arts Center references (please come back, Jimmy ...) and it was so funny, after Fins, people started leaving, and I saw Jimmy bound back onto the stage, and I was like, "Don't leave! Turn around!" Even after Tin Cup Chalice was over, he didn't leave the stage right away. It was like he was having too much fun .. Also the beach bars had very good trop rock, lots of dancing, very happening scene with friendly parrot heads .. Can't wait for Jones Beach!

I would see him at the Garden State Arts Center (if it is the one right off of the Garden State Parkway up near Holmdel).
Yup, that's it! I live ten minutes away from it, it's called PNC now, but the bloodsucking money grubbing b*****ds have taken over and it's just not the same as in the seventies ... I saw many good shows there ... and my high school graduation was there.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I had to look up what the big, big beautiful Boardwalk Hall looked like after Jimmy talked about Eiffel being the architect.

You can find a bit of history about Boardwalk Hall here:
http://www.theatreorgans.com/walnuthill/feature1004.htm

I also found photos of the Marketplace in Manaus, Brazil. I had never heard much about Manaus until just recently. Jimmy visited Manaus during his BIG TRIP to the Amazon in A Pirate Looks At Fifty. Read the first chapter of A Pirate Looks at Fifty here

Photo of The Marketplace Eiffel designed:
The Market Hall, Manaus with its iron framework, made in Gustave Eiffel’s Paris workshop, and stained glass windows resembles the famous old Halles in Paris. At the Market, you can get anything Brazilian, from food to crafts, to clothing, for a good deal.Image

Another of The Marketplace

Big boats on the Rio Negro at Manaus...a typical scene in Manaus.

Here is where Manaus is located on the Amazon, where the rivers converge.

Read more about Manaus Market

http://www.enotes.com/topic/Mercado_Adolpho_Lisboa

Candyman
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Candyman »

conched wrote:A photo of the setlist shows THE CHANGES made during the show compared to the AC Setlist, which includes, of course Tin Cup Chalice and switching Last Mango In Paris for Savannah Fare You Well.
(Notice how Jimmy always calls Swinging Hula Girl...Swinging Hula Man instead)

Tin Cup Chalice as a closer had to be the most special change. Thanks, Jimmy!!

Vicki got this tweet last night.
The Margarillas ‏@Margarillas
When @jimmybuffett plays Tin Cup at the end of a show you can bet he added it to the encore to say thank you. Thank you AC! #finsup

Hope he continues to say thank you the rest of the year 8)

SunLover wrote:Boardwalk Hall – Atlantic City, NJ
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Lounging At The Lagoon
Saturday, August 4, 2012

HOT HOT HOT

01 One Particular Harbour
02 You'll Never Work In Dis Bidness Again
03 Another Saturday Night
04 Growing Older But Not Up
05 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
06 Come Monday
07 Knee Deep
08 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
09 Swingin’ Hula Girl
10 Volcano
11 Last Mango In Paris
12 Cheeseburger In Paradise (Land of 1000 Cheeseburgers intro)
13 King Of Somewhere Hot (Nadirah being the Queen Of Somewhere Hot)

Acoustic Set
14 Piece Of Work (tribute to Andy Griffith and Mayberry RFD)
15 Pencil Thin Mustache featuring John Lovell, raised by a family of horseshoe crabs...
16 Southern Cross (played like in a noisy bar in Avalon)

17 Jolly Mon Sing
18 Margaritaville 2012 (Atlantic City version, with Under The Boardwalk)
19 A Pirate Looks At Forty
20 Everybody's On The Phone (last played 05-22-2010: Pizza Hut Park – Frisco, TX)
21 Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw, (with the long battle of the band intro. They played after The Commodores...)
22 All Night Long

Encore
23 Bama Breeze

Band Intros
Tina Gullickson, Miss Nadirah Shakoor, Eric Darken on percussion, Peter Mayer on guitar, Dangerous Doyle Grisham on pedal steel, Mac McAnally , Jellyfish Roger Guth on drums, Mr Jim Mayer on different basses, That Happy Lad from Trinidad Mr Robert Greenidge on steel drums, Not raised by horseshoe crabs John Lovell on trumpet, Michael Utley on keyboard

24 Brown Eyed Girl
25 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
26 Fins

Acoustic Encore
27 Tin Cup Chalice (Jimmy solo)
Life is Sweet!