jambalaya recipe?

Food and drink recipes for a tailgate or party

Moderator: SMLCHNG

nestapharian
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

jambalaya recipe?

Post by nestapharian »

who's got a good jambalaya recipe? Id like to try to make my own, the Zatarrans(sp?) isnt cutting it anymore. :)
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

Welcome aboard! I'm afraid I don't have a recipe for ya-Zataran's has always hit the spot at our house.

FYI, I'm scooting this thread over to our "recipes and boatdrinks" forum. Maybe try cruising through there for a good recipe :wink:

Your pal,
Auntie :D

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

Zatarans is good if you don't have the time, here's a site on Creole cooking with some good recepes. I've tried about a half dozen of them and thier just as good as the restaurants in N.O.L.A. 8)

http://www.gumbopages.com/recipe-page.html
zanth
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Mmmmm....Corona

Post by zanth »

One large jambalaya, please.

"I'm a relatively respectable citizen -- a multiple felon, perhaps, but certainly not dangerous." - HST
MargaritaMatt
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with Rum

Re: jambalaya recipe?

Post by MargaritaMatt »

nestapharian wrote:who's got a good jambalaya recipe? Id like to try to make my own, the Zatarrans(sp?) isnt cutting it anymore. :)
We always use Zatarran's and add some extras to it. We always add some Tabassco (depends what mood we are in to what flavor tabassco we add), always add some pepper and salt, some Cajun seasoning (one of the many varieties we have), chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Always comes out pretty tasty.
ZeroDuval
<font color=blue>The Tiki Bar Is Open!!!</font>

Post by ZeroDuval »

This one is not too bad, stole it from Emeril.... made it a couple times and it turned out pretty good. In other words I liked it and got no complaints from the others.

12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3/4 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
5 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
Salt and pepper

In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
PHAW Webmistress wrote::( :( :( :( I've been banned from my own site :( :( :( :(Image
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

finz83
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After(every now and then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by finz83 »

ZeroDuval wrote:This one is not too bad, stole it from Emeril.... made it a couple times and it turned out pretty good. In other words I liked it and got no complaints from the others.

12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3/4 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
5 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
Salt and pepper

In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
I just made this one last night.....very good. I did not use Worcestereshire sauce, because I didn't have any. I highly recommend this recipe.
My whole world lies waiting behind DOOR #3! In the meantime, I am just sippin' on a margarita.........