2. Pencil Thin Mustache
3. I Will Play for Gumbo
4. Come Monday
5. Son of a Sailor
6. Cheeseburger in Paradise
7. Changes in latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
8. Margaritaville
9. Fins
10. Little Martha (featuring Mac McAnally)
11. Southern Cross
12. Love and Luck
13. It's Five o'clock Somewhere
14. A Pirate looks at Forty
15. One Particular Harbor
16. Boat Drinks

Encores
17. Everybody's on the phone
18. Brown Eyed Girl

(thanks to Chris for sending along the set list from the show)

conched
Last Man Standing

Re: 08.11.2016 - House of Blues - Boston

Post by conched »

Thanks, Chris & Jim.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I think he cut the set list short because of the heat inside. It was an absolute sauna in there. I couldn't imagine how hot the band was under the lights.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

BottleofRum wrote:I think he cut the set list short because of the heat inside. It was an absolute sauna in there. I couldn't imagine how hot the band was under the lights.

Yeah, holy short set!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

captmurf
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by captmurf »

He said it was a "tune up show" so we weren't expecting a full set like a normal venue. And yes, it was ridiculously hot inside!

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

There were a few songs (covers) I could've done without but to me it was the perfect length. It got over during the 8th inning of the Sox - Yankees game so it was easy to get out and get a spot at a bar or whatever you wanted to do. We all knew it was going to be a short show but I figured Jimmy, after "losing 7 pounds in sweat," just didn't want to get stuck in two hours of traffic or hang around the HOB after the game got over.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:There were a few songs (covers) I could've done without but to me it was the perfect length. It got over during the 8th inning of the Sox - Yankees game so it was easy to get out and get a spot at a bar or whatever you wanted to do. We all knew it was going to be a short show but I figured Jimmy, after "losing 7 pounds in sweat," just didn't want to get stuck in two hours of traffic or hang around the HOB after the game got over.
This is the set list for when he played at HoB in Chicago , I thought it was about as close to being the Yellow Album as possible , Love and Luck was great to hear.

House of Blues – Chicago IL
Thursday June 16th, 2016

1 SummerZcool
2 Brown Eyed Girl
3 Pencil Thin Mustache
4 Meet Me In Memphis
5 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
6 Come Monday
7 Peanut Butter Conspiracy
8 Cheeseburger In Paradise
9 Cowboy In The Jungle
10 I Don’t Know And I Don’t Care (with I Don't Know Spicoli's Theme)
11 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
12 Margaritaville
13 Fins
14 Little Martha
15 Delaney Talks To Statues
16 Gypsies In The Palace
17 Take it Easy (Eagles cover)
18 Barometer Soup
19 Volcano
20 It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere
21 A Pirate Looks At Forty
22 Southern Cross

Encore
23 One Particular Harbour
24 Everybody’s on the Phone
25 Banana Republics

bren924
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by bren924 »

Boy was it ever hot in there!! If that led to the show being cut short, shame on the House of Blues. I figured we'd get about 2 hours, instead it went about 90 minutes. Glad I could contribute the setlist! Don't know what made me think to jot it down, other than to taunt some friends who couldn't make it.

Love and Luck was definitely the highlight, but Jimmy really looked to be in high spirits, high energy, and having a great time. Yes it was basically SYKBH, yes I would have loved a different set, but it was essentially a tour tune-up/rehearsal show, and it was a good time. And my 30th show to boot!

Jimmy at one point said watch out for more of these kinds of shows next year... perhaps a hint at what he will be doing in place of the usual tour.

We're on to Great Woods next week!

Chris

------------------------------------------------------
1993-2019
Boston Strong! 5/30/13
See you at Great Woods 8/8/20!

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

The heat inside def had a role in a shorter set list. The fact he didn't play Volcano is a dead giveaway. In his career he has played Volcano the 4th most times and this year it has been played towards the end of the show. I know this was a 'warm-up" show but he def called an audible and cut the set-list because of the heat. You don't charge $115-$150 a ticket and do a smaller set list. He was def in good spirits but you could tell he was baking up on that stage.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Favorite part for me was the sound quality. Sounded awesome. You could hear each instrument individually, unlike at a stadium show. Would love to hear Jimmy do an acoustic solo or two for an encore in a place like that someday.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote:The heat inside def had a role in a shorter set list. The fact he didn't play Volcano is a dead giveaway. In his career he has played Volcano the 4th most times and this year it has been played towards the end of the show. I know this was a 'warm-up" show but he def called an audible and cut the set-list because of the heat. You don't charge $115-$150 a ticket and do a smaller set list. He was def in good spirits but you could tell he was baking up on that stage.
I think the stage had air coming in , they had no fans , which i'm sure would of been on the stage . As hot as it was , they didn't look drenched. I'm sure he's played in a much hotter environment. With John on the sound , love the small venues,

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

bren924 wrote:Jimmy at one point said watch out for more of these kinds of shows next year... perhaps a hint at what he will be doing in place of the usual tour.
Maybe I'll be able to go to a show without traveling next year. There's a House of Blues, Margaritaville and Landshark Bar & Grill here. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here