Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

08.25.2016 - Wantagh, NY

Set lists from the 2016 I Don't Know Tour
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: 08.25.2016 - Wantagh, NY

Post by TommyBahama » August 26, 2016 7:32 am

his set list is 18 songs that are standards , 3 or 4 songs that aren't , but plays often , and 2-3 songs that are songs he hasn't done in years or new cover ( Take it Easy this year). AC got an encore 3rd song.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw » August 26, 2016 7:34 am

Saltx3 wrote:No John Lovel at this show either.....hmmmmmmm????

John's father passed away. :(

Debbie

Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun » August 26, 2016 8:22 am

PA Parrot wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
Finnsaremorefun wrote:I don't get it. I really love this tour thus far but this show was the bottom of the barrel. Barely 2 hours, limited banter, no acoustic encore, or door #3 song. This has me somewhat worried for Alpine. We all have off nights and things come up, I hope that's all it is.
The Door #3 song was Homemade Music

There was no acoustic encore in Pittsburgh either
I thought the Door #3 songs were the ones people voted on that hadn't been played in 10 years. I don't remember Homemade Music on the list and I know we heard it in 2007 or 2008. And if it was on the list it certainly wasn't the top vote getter. Or...I'm just totally confused about it all. Haha
Homemade music was a part of '08, so it wasn't a door #3.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control

jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins » August 26, 2016 8:39 am

I am so happy I did not go to this show. BEG as an encore? You have got to be kidding me. Given the amount of time he spends on Long Island and his now somewhat extended history with that island, I expected more. But I guess he's too busy to think about concerts when he has to host Hillary for her fundraiser.
"Some people never find it..."

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter » August 26, 2016 11:45 am

Finnsaremorefun wrote:
PA Parrot wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
Finnsaremorefun wrote:I don't get it. I really love this tour thus far but this show was the bottom of the barrel. Barely 2 hours, limited banter, no acoustic encore, or door #3 song. This has me somewhat worried for Alpine. We all have off nights and things come up, I hope that's all it is.

I thought the Door #3 songs were the ones people voted on that hadn't been played in 10 years. I don't remember Homemade Music on the list and I know we heard it in 2007 or 2008. And if it was on the list it certainly wasn't the top vote getter. Or...I'm just totally confused about it all. Haha
Jimmy announced Homemade Music as last nights Door #3 winner

PA Parrot
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything from A1A or White Sportcoat
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Something strong

Post by PA Parrot » August 26, 2016 2:22 pm

urlcenter wrote:
Finnsaremorefun wrote:
PA Parrot wrote:
urlcenter wrote:

Jimmy announced Homemade Music as last nights Door #3 winner
He might have said that, but it really wasn't even on the list. He also said the show in Pittsburgh was on a Thursday (repeatedly for at least a third of the show), but it actually was Tuesday. I'm just chalking this show up as an "off" night. No big deal. Good nights and bad nights. All groups have them.
Kevin

ggania
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by ggania » August 26, 2016 4:19 pm

We were down in the pit for the Pittsburgh show and there seemed to be a lot of confusion on the stage at the end. After he finished up Love and Luck, all the staff and stage hands were all seemingly on standby, like Jimmy was going to go back out to do a solo encore once the band exited the stage. There was an awkward pause where no one knew what to do and then they got the signal from security that the show was over. I may have been reading too much into it and had a lot of beers in me at the time, but it just appeared that he decided to scrap the solo encore and called it a night. People around us were all like "what just happened."

PA Parrot
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything from A1A or White Sportcoat
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Something strong

Post by PA Parrot » August 26, 2016 4:24 pm

ggania wrote:We were down in the pit for the Pittsburgh show and there seemed to be a lot of confusion on the stage at the end. After he finished up Love and Luck, all the staff and stage hands were all seemingly on standby, like Jimmy was going to go back out to do a solo encore once the band exited the stage. There was an awkward pause where no one knew what to do and then they got the signal from security that the show was over. I may have been reading too much into it and had a lot of beers in me at the time, but it just appeared that he decided to scrap the solo encore and called it a night. People around us were all like "what just happened."
We weren't right down front, but we could see that too from our section. Maybe Jimmy's arm was bothering him and that's why he scrapped the acoustic encore? After all, the band wouldn't be behind him to carry him. He'd be the only one there. Just a thought. Doesn't matter. I still thought it was one of his best set lists in a long time, even without the acoustic encore.
Kevin

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched » August 26, 2016 9:30 pm

You can watch The Wantagh show on YouTube today still

https://youtu.be/aLIeY1vXivU

Enjoyed watching a lot. There was some confusion and exchanges of glances around the stage. Bing & Bong was totally off!!

Mac & Mike do a great job of directing when they can. Maybe Jimmy is a bit off if he has an arm injury..but no tape in LI. Maybe stronger meds. :)