On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: 04.23.2019 - Orange Beach, AL

Post by Saltx3 »

FinsUp6835 wrote:
April 24, 2019 6:18 am
Cool set. I didn’t listen or watch. Is Tides from Songs from st somewhere? Everyone on here kept saying new song but tides was on songs from st somewhere
Yes it is -- I removed the "Brand New Song" from my comments on the set list.....my bad....but, we're hoping we will hear it for the first time in August :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Saltx3 wrote:
April 24, 2019 7:20 am
FinsUp6835 wrote:
April 24, 2019 6:18 am
Cool set. I didn’t listen or watch. Is Tides from Songs from st somewhere? Everyone on here kept saying new song but tides was on songs from st somewhere
Yes it is -- I removed the "Brand New Song" from my comments on the set list.....my bad....but, we're hoping we will hear it for the first time in August :)
oh, okay. no worries!!! Yeah, I like that song. I heard him play it at Jones Beach one year. Setlist was cool for sure.

Though, as always, I would leave off the two random covers and have him play two more Jimmy songs.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I was at a ballgame so I missed the show. Is he still doing that Daphne Blue & The Show Ponies nonsense? I thought that should have been dumped last year.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Great set list night, one of the best.
Back to livin' Floridays

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote:
April 24, 2019 10:12 am
I was at a ballgame so I missed the show. Is he still doing that Daphne Blue & The Show Ponies nonsense? I thought that should have been dumped last year.
they were not there last night :D
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I am assuming "Half Drunk" the Will Kimbrough cover was because they were in Alabama where he was born and raised. I can't foresee that cover lasting all tour. The Paul Brady cover most likely will because they are playing Ireland this year. Also, it seems all my hope is gone for Jimmy to play African Friend this year as it appears it is the steel drum break medley. Overall, some nice changes to the set. Would love to also hear Woman Goin Crazy... one of my favs and IMO a very underrated, high tempo song. Though, one of my favorite versions of that song is actually an acoustic version found on of the MOTM Duval Street CDs.

Looking forward to PNC for sure. FINS UP my friends!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote:
April 23, 2019 11:18 pm
springparrot wrote:
April 23, 2019 11:16 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
April 23, 2019 11:16 pm
This is one of the better shows Kevin and I have heard in a long time.

Excited for Holmdel. !!
Where is Holmdal?
New Jersey. Only show we’re getting to this year (at least as of now 😊)
Hometown of yours truly. Nice venue, saw many bands there back in the day when lawn seats were $6. Jimmy hasn't played there in ages, believe there was some dispute with management. And Jones Beach and Camden kind of split the difference and distance for the potential audience.

Hoping this show is a good one, tying it in with some family and friends visits. Can't wait. :D
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

FinsUp6835 wrote:
April 24, 2019 2:23 pm
I am assuming "Half Drunk" the Will Kimbrough cover was because they were in Alabama where he was born and raised. I can't foresee that cover lasting all tour. The Paul Brady cover most likely will because they are playing Ireland this year. Also, it seems all my hope is gone for Jimmy to play African Friend this year as it appears it is the steel drum break medley. Overall, some nice changes to the set. Would love to also hear Woman Goin Crazy... one of my favs and IMO a very underrated, high tempo song. Though, one of my favorite versions of that song is actually an acoustic version found on of the MOTM Duval Street CDs.

Looking forward to PNC for sure. FINS UP my friends!

I retract my previous statement about Half Drunk. Sounds like he cut it for the new album so we may hear it all tour. Just listened to it this morning and I like it. Reminds me of Slow Boat to China and Stars Fell on alabama. Excited for the new album

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

LIPH wrote:
April 24, 2019 10:12 am
Daphne Blue has been replaced by The Jazz Police for an acoustic Jazz set