When was Jimmy King of Mardi Gras

How much do you know about Jimmy? There's probably something you don't know.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

J.LeP wrote:Ja, To save some time rummaging around the archives, can you remember which Coconut Telegraph it article was in?
A friend found it for me and said Newsletter #5 was in the file name, it was a PDF. If I can find out the specific link I'll be sure to post it.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

There is a little blurb in a story called "New Orleans Margaritaville" by Sunshine Smith in the Nov. Dec. 1992--Vol 8 #6 Cocotel.

quote:

In 1983 Jimmy served as the King of Krewe of Clones, a parade held by the Contemporary Art Museum from 1981 to 1984. This parade was held a week prior to Mardi Gras, and I'm told it was quite cleverly put together. Certain unspeakables took place which were appropriate for the time, but in this day and age of over-sensitivity would probably be frowned upon.
magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

conched wrote:There is a little blurb in a story called "New Orleans Margaritaville" by Sunshine Smith in the Nov. Dec. 1992--Vol 8 #6 Cocotel.

quote:

In 1983 Jimmy served as the King of Krewe of Clones, a parade held by the Contemporary Art Museum from 1981 to 1984. This parade was held a week prior to Mardi Gras, and I'm told it was quite cleverly put together. Certain unspeakables took place which were appropriate for the time, but in this day and age of over-sensitivity would probably be frowned upon.
You always have such interesting and cool fun facts to know and tell! Thanks for sharing.
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

So Jimmy was not the king of Mardi Gras nor Carnival. I don't understand where the confusion came of JB being called 'the king of Mardi Gras' but someone made that mistake.
smokindave
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Rocky Racoon w/ Peter Mayer
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Tuscan Lemonade

Post by smokindave »

woooooohooooooooooooooo
parrothead_girl_5
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I Love the Now
Number of Concerts: 10

Re: When was Jimmy King of Mardi Gras

Post by parrothead_girl_5 »

I believe the day is the Parrothead handbook in Beaches, Boats, Bars, and Ballads....that picture is there with a caption! :D
"The whole damn world's gone crazy.
The moon is jumpin' over the cow.
How can you help but, not love the now?"