Cincinnati tailgating

Phlockings, Parties, Social Events, Tribute Bands.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by richhermes »

I am traveling from Tampa to catch the show in Cincy and see some relatives. I was wondering where are the parties going to be and how early will Riverbend let you tailgate. Any tips on Riverbend are appreciated.
Does the Cincinnati parrot head club have a website?
Capt Granite
I have found me a home

Post by Capt Granite »

We are also going to Cinnci. Does anyone have a know as to what the Ohio Parrotheads are upto? Last year was Blossom, That was a great pre party event @ the Holiday Inn. Also I heard different stories about Riverbend...Thanks for the info!
Capt Granite
"You are what you are,You Dream what you dream"..PM
ca_ribbean_Soul
I have found me a home

Post by ca_ribbean_Soul »

Well, you all better be ready to Party from Dawn.....Cincy is the best tailgaiting ever!!!! There is a no alcohol policy in the parking lot for the venue but is is right next door to River Downs a racetrack that has a huge parking lot ready for anything. There are also several grass lots across the street that open up early, all walking distance! If you want to know what tailgaiting is, come to Cincy! Bring your sunscreen, portable blender and enjoy the atmosphere, it is like no other! I went down for the Tampa show this past Feb and had a great time at Newks, just missed the tailgaiting that Cincy has!
Come up and join us, it is a blast, will be my concert #4 @ Cincy and #9 total and I would not miss it for the World!!!
:smile:
Wanna See My "Lizard"?
richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by richhermes »

Yeah, The Area around the Ice Palace isnt really conducive to good tailgating. I got some tix off of Ebay and I will see you there. I'll keep an ear open for any parties. PLus periodically kick this post to the top. I can't wait till June!
Capt.Flock

Post by Capt.Flock »

The best place go to tailgait is right across the race track.
ImageImage Image
cincyparithd
Southeast of disorder

Post by cincyparithd »

Hey all you PHs coming to Cincy for the June 18 show! Thanks for asking what's going on.
It's our first concert as a chartered club and we are working out the details of a pre-concert party. Will get info out on here as soon as we can, so stay tuned! Looking forward to phlocking with everyone!
richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by richhermes »

Good to see everyone is fired up for the Cincy show. Check out our Parrothead Club website here in Tampa. http://www.finsup.com
richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by richhermes »

Thanks for the info, cincyparithd. You may want to set up a website on geocities (free) with that info.
felkins

Post by felkins »

Best tailgating is in Cinci! Across from the parking lot at Riverbend there is a grassy area against the side of the hill where there is some overflow parking. I have had GREAT times there. JB himself even made an appearance in a golf cart 3 years ago, and scolded my girlfriend for drinking Bud Light and not Corona (as I was).
Joe Merchant
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Joe Merchant »

Any update on a pre-party (i.e., Monday night)?? We are staying at the Red Roof nearby and will be arriving Monday PM and will be looking for something to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
"Once there were parking lots, now it's a peaceful oasis"
LuvBigFloppers
I need two more boat drinks

Post by LuvBigFloppers »

I would say right about the beginning of June the Pre-Buffett parties will be well laid out. Keep an eye out, there will be more discussion on what develops. There will be plenty going on I assure you. This place is a-buzz when JB comes into town. If your willing to put back to back drunks-on you will have every opportunity.
Whip out your big coconuts and shake'em around!!
DRCORONA
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by DRCORONA »

Hey Cincy parrotheads. Need some input from veteran concert goers. Can tix be had in the parking lots the day of the show or is it a case of if you come in empty-handed plan on sitting in the parking lot all night(Not that
that is a bad thing)!
LuvBigFloppers

Post by LuvBigFloppers »

I see tickets in the parking lot every year. They are not cheap to say the least but you always have that option.
Capt.Flock

Post by Capt.Flock »

Last year I you could buy lawn tickets at face value right before the concert. See ya at cincy.
ImageImage Image
KYflamingo
I have found me a home

Post by KYflamingo »

Tix are plentiful in the parking lot at Cincy. I had 3 extra last year...I sold 1 for $15 and the other 2 extra I couldn't even give away before show time. Last year was the first time I had ever bought tickets in advance for Cincy and I have seen Jimmy there 7 times. The least I ever paid in the parking lot was $15 and the most was $30. Just buy from Parrot Heads and not from scalpers and you'll be fine!!
richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by richhermes »

Is there any restriction to the size of lawn chair you can bring into Riverbend? Any suggestions of a comfortable chair??
cincyparithd
Southeast of disorder

Post by cincyparithd »

Reply to Joe Merchant:
Joe, If you are staying at the Red Roof on Beechmont Ave, great! The Cincy PHC has blocked rooms there at discounted rate so chk on your reservation in case you can chg it and do better on price. Also, we have a bus going from there to the concert. Not sure of status of parking lots across from the 'bend as they have construction stuff in them right now. Riverbend itself is fairly strict no alcohol. Down by River Downs horse barn is better and not too much more of a walk into the venue. If you or anyone reading this is interested in info on the blocked hotel rooms or the bus trip, please email me at
Cincyparithd@aol.com.
See ya'll soon!
LuvBigFloppers

Post by LuvBigFloppers »

rich,
You cannot bring chairs into the venue. You can bring a blanket in but I'll warn you once the concert starts you will have hard time keeping it from getting walked on. You will definitly have to stand in order to see the show.
richhermes
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by richhermes »

Thanks, LBF!
CanadianParrot
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by CanadianParrot »

The more I read in the post the more I am looking forward to going to riverbend!! Can't wait to start partying!
Cheers to all!!