At the San Jose show last weekend...

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

At the San Jose show last weekend...

Post by Congobill »

I was there having a grand ol' time although some of the evening is a blur. I seem to recall Jimmy saying something about Hunter S. Thompson but I'm thinking maybe I dreamed it. Does anybody remember, and if he did say anything about Hunter, what was it? Thanks for your help! :pirate:
island_hopper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck/Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Liquid Marijuana...YUM!! Look it up!!

Re: At the San Jose show last weekend...

Post by island_hopper »

Congobill wrote:I was there having a grand ol' time although some of the evening is a blur. I seem to recall Jimmy saying something about Hunter S. Thompson but I'm thinking maybe I dreamed it. Does anybody remember, and if he did say anything about Hunter, what was it? Thanks for your help! :pirate:
I don't recall.....but then again I was havin' a grand 'ol time too and some parts may be fuzzy! 8) We thought he was having an emotional moment during Banana Republics.......

Where were you sitting??
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

island_hopper wrote:
Congobill wrote:I was there having a grand ol' time although some of the evening is a blur. I seem to recall Jimmy saying something about Hunter S. Thompson but I'm thinking maybe I dreamed it. Does anybody remember, and if he did say anything about Hunter, what was it? Thanks for your help! :pirate:
I don't recall.....but then again I was havin' a grand 'ol time too and some parts may be fuzzy! 8) We thought he was having an emotional moment during Banana Republics.......

Where were you sitting??
silly parrothead parts of my costume were fuzzy too.. :D :D
Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

Post by Congobill »

island_hopper wrote:I don't recall.....but then again I was havin' a grand 'ol time too and some parts may be fuzzy! 8) We thought he was having an emotional moment during Banana Republics.......

Where were you sitting??

Section 116, which is stage right, first section up. Fantastic seats. I got 'em through the pre-sale. Where were you?

The only problem with the show is the beer lines were long throughout the entire show. I missed several parts of the show waiting in line. Stupid on my part but I was on a roll.
island_hopper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck/Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Liquid Marijuana...YUM!! Look it up!!

Post by island_hopper »

ragtopW wrote: silly parrothead parts of my costume were fuzzy too.. :D :D
OHHH, was that what that was??? :oops: :lol:

Congo, we were in 106 and don't ya hate that when that happens! I don't know what's worse....Buffett blackouts or beer lines! :o
redwinemaker
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by redwinemaker »

Congobill wrote:
island_hopper wrote:I don't recall.....but then again I was havin' a grand 'ol time too and some parts may be fuzzy! 8) We thought he was having an emotional moment during Banana Republics.......

Where were you sitting??

Section 116, which is stage right, first section up. Fantastic seats. I got 'em through the pre-sale. Where were you?

The only problem with the show is the beer lines were long throughout the entire show. I missed several parts of the show waiting in line. Stupid on my part but I was on a roll.
If you ever sit there again, go down not up. The club bar lines are waaaayyyy shorter
Image Image
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

I love it when my dates go........

UH nevermind..... :oops: :oops:
PIR8-4T
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: 50/50 Margarita

Post by PIR8-4T »

I have been listening to a copy of the show and haven't hear anything yet on Hunter Thompson but will keep listening for it.
mrsmcg
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by mrsmcg »

Also in section 116. Me and my gang ... also got them on the presale deal. They were great seats, weren't they? Next time I want to meet with the BNer's. I had my hands full this time dealing with seven JB virgins who got totally crazy ... God bless em!
For those of you who know what I mean .... JP was there.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

Don't recall hearing it in San Jose...but it was late here on the east coast! I may have missed it.

He dedicated the Tampa finale ...Pirate Looks at 40 to him in February. It was the week he died.
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
FFishstick
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by FFishstick »

There was NO HST comment. You were dreaming drunk. Anyway, section 115 front row, damn great seats. Got up to the stage at the end of the show. Great time had by all. We had several people show up at the backyard Tiki Bar, and the bartenders at Emma's took great care of us.
Save water Drink Tequila
Brian & Mikelin

PHAW Webmistress
Parrothead Pimpette

Post by PHAW Webmistress »

mrsmcg wrote:Section 116, which is stage right, first section up. Fantastic seats. I got 'em through the pre-sale. Where were you?

Also in section 116. Me and my gang ... also got them on the presale deal. They were great seats, weren't they? Next time I want to meet with the BNer's. I had my hands full this time dealing with seven JB virgins who got totally crazy ... God bless em!
For those of you who know what I mean .... JP was there.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D