Guns vs. Police Departments

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Who protects you better

Your local Police Department
49%
Your personal firearm
51%

Total votes: 47

tommcat327
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by tommcat327 »

RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:Close, he has you in the pistol dept. by about 4, I believe, rifles are about even, and he might be one short in the shotgun dept.
LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GO SHOPPING :lol:
That's pretty much his attitude too. His wife has her hobbies, he has his.. and there is a little happy dance that gets done when the month's ammunition shipment arrives.
I KNOW THAT DANCE :lol: :lol:
Do you have your ammunition delivered to the office?
actually no, in MA we arent allowed to have ammo delivered through the mail or purchased from out of state. :evil:
but when my gun dealer calls me and tells me my new stuff is in i do the dance :D
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
tommcat327
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tommcat327 »

RinglingRingling wrote: I was joking about the snowdrifts part... I do understand the validity of comparing oranges to oranges. :)
funny thing about VT is that there is a higher fine for littering in a river than for accidentally shooting someone. 300 bucks vs. 150 :lol:
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:Close, he has you in the pistol dept. by about 4, I believe, rifles are about even, and he might be one short in the shotgun dept.
LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GO SHOPPING :lol:
That's pretty much his attitude too. His wife has her hobbies, he has his.. and there is a little happy dance that gets done when the month's ammunition shipment arrives.
I KNOW THAT DANCE :lol: :lol:
Do you have your ammunition delivered to the office?
actually no, in MA we arent allowed to have ammo delivered through the mail or purchased from out of state. :evil:
but when my gun dealer calls me and tells me my new stuff is in i do the dance :D
ahhh. Here, UPS or USPS regularly shows up at the front desk, a call is received, and we are treated to seeing the boss get down and get funky as part of the happy ammo dance. :D
tommcat327
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tommcat327 »

RinglingRingling wrote:ahhh. Here, UPS or USPS regularly shows up at the front desk, a call is received, and we are treated to seeing the boss get down and get funky as part of the happy ammo dance. :D
damn i wish i could do that.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:ahhh. Here, UPS or USPS regularly shows up at the front desk, a call is received, and we are treated to seeing the boss get down and get funky as part of the happy ammo dance. :D
we drew the line at him stripping and doing it nekkid after the first time..
tommcat327
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tommcat327 »

RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
good call :lol:
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

tommcat327 wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
tommcat327 wrote:
good call :lol:
fortunately the company's health plan covers counselling in situations like that.
bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Re: Guns vs. Police Departments

Post by bravedave »

DsilCaribe wrote:just out of curiosity, i am intersted in seeing how many here trust their Police Dept's to protect them, or on the other side depend on their own personal firearm for their saftey

I trust my local PD
My local PD is on the job 24-7.

Not me.

I spend a lot of time away from my house. I go places. Do stuff. Don't carry a weapon everywhere I go.

If I did carry a weapon everywhere it wouldn't help my house, or my car, or my kids, or my dog.

The time I spend in my house is when I don't worry.

I'm sorry to say (for those of you who don't) that I live in a safe place.

Not just because of the police, or because of my neighbors, or my community, but because of my belief that I do not have to live in fear.

You could take away my gun, my dog, my neighbors -- I still wouldn't live in fear. I don't have time for that.

Bad things sometimes happen to good people.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

I'm not gonna rely on my gun to keep me safe.

I don't rely on anything.

I just hope that my fellow man will do his best when I'm in need.

And God will decide when He has to step in.
tikitatas
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by tikitatas »

bravedave wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:just out of curiosity, i am intersted in seeing how many here trust their Police Dept's to protect them, or on the other side depend on their own personal firearm for their saftey

I trust my local PD

Not me.

I spend a lot of time away from my house. I go places. Do stuff. Don't carry a weapon everywhere I go.

If I did carry a weapon everywhere it wouldn't help my house, or my car, or my kids, or my dog.

Not just because of the police, or because of my neighbors, or my community, but because of my belief that I do not have to live in fear.

You could take away my gun, my dog, my neighbors -- I still wouldn't live in fear. I don't have time for that.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

I echo this sentiment.
Cate

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~ Buddha

joe_pyrat
I have found me a home

Post by joe_pyrat »

tikitatas wrote:
bravedave wrote:

I trust my local PD

Not me.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

I echo this sentiment.
I sincerely hope there is someone there to protect you and your family should the need ever arise.
Joe Pyrat

ImageImage
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

tikitatas wrote:
bravedave wrote:

I trust my local PD

Not me.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

I echo this sentiment.
I'd say i pretty much echo this statement as well
tikitatas
Last Man Standing

Post by tikitatas »

joe_pyrat wrote:

I sincerely hope there is someone there to protect you and your family should the need ever arise.

I am not living in fear of that as each day dawns and ends. Life is good.
Cate

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~ Buddha

Prthd119
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by Prthd119 »

tikitatas wrote:
bravedave wrote:

I trust my local PD

Not me.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

I echo this sentiment.

Ditto.....

"I know it's a shabby old building but after all ain't we God's children
And Lord it's a good place for hangin' out .."
joe_pyrat
I have found me a home

Post by joe_pyrat »

tikitatas wrote:
joe_pyrat wrote:

I am not living in fear of that as each day dawns and ends. Life is good.
You don't need to live in fear, you do need to be aware. Crimes, by nature, are not committed in the presence of the police. People who merrily wonder though life with out regard for their personal security or their environment, quite often, in fact much more often then those who are aware, become victims. The criminal element that prays on such people is very aware of these type of people, and is on the look out for them because they make such easy targets. I spent eight years in law enforcement, city, county and federal, so you can take this for what its worth, but hopefully, you will never be in a position to test your beliefs and if you are, hopefully you will be one of the few who are very lucky and just happen to have a police officer happen by at just the right moment.

Here's an idea for you. Most local police agencies put on awareness lectures for citizens. I would suggest you attend one. I am quite sure that what they will advise is th at you are ultimately responsible for your own security, and that while you can not always insure that security in every instance, you can, through a little awareness, greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
Joe Pyrat

ImageImage
Moonie
User banned 30 days

Post by Moonie »

That's exactly right Jpyrat, and when the Sherriffs Dept. NOT the Police Dept. tells you how long it can take to arrive, you listen. Or your should..

I didn't live in fear. Not once. And I still don't.

Just kinda falls in that...Be Prepared column
Last edited by Moonie on July 10, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

When it goes from full to crescent...I move in and out of tune...Everlasting Moon.... Image
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

As long as I can use a firearm with accuracy and consistency, I'll never HAVE to live in fear. Image
Sam
Inactive User

Post by Sam »

"Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal."
Most people that own firearms, do not live in fear, and have no fear of them.

My feelings are that knowledge of a firearms and how they work and weapons safety, should be taught to everyone... Thios does mean you must own a firearm, but if a child finds one and brings it to you, you could check and see if the weapon was loaded, and unload it and make it safe.

Most people that cannot own a firearm, do live in fear and live in what is known as a "police state".

Even if you chose not to own a firearm, you are choosing to place trust and hope in someone else, who does own one.

The "illustrious" U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, that police "are not required to protect you".
Keep that in mind.So many variables from response times, locating the address, cellphone or hardline phone maynot work, cellphone reception in this area is sporadic at best,

God gave Man knowledge and the intelligence to put it to use. Their are people that will refuse medical treatment such as blood infusions or organ donations or innoculations, etc., for religious purposes that place their trust in God...seems more like testing God than anything, in my opinion.
But God also gave us Free Will.
Roll with the punches, play all of your hunches...come what may...
Image POW-MIA, YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!
SUPPORT OPERATION JUST CAUSE!!!
http://www.ojc.org/
tikitatas
Last Man Standing

Post by tikitatas »

"When people are least sure, they are often most dogmatic."
— John Kenneth Galbraith, North American economist, author and diplomat (b. 1908)

"A fanatic is someone who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject."  
— Winston Churchill, British prime minister and war leader, Nobel Prize-winning author (1874-1965)
Cate

tommcat327
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tommcat327 »

bravedave wrote:

I trust my local PD

Not me.

Ask God why.

I don't know.

well since i dont believe in god, my police dept is one of the worst in the country and my dog is a horrible watchdog i'll rely on myself and my gun for now.
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

tomm-
I'll bet if you ask MOST police officers, they'd tell you they wish more people in their towns would carry firearms.
And your dog may be a horrible watch dog, but I'll bet he's a GREAT friend. :D