What a jerk!!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

LIPH wrote:
buffettbride wrote:We all here know how much easier it is to just type something down...things we'd never even consider saying to someone's face in a lot of cases.
Nice cans just trying to lighten the mood
Thanks dude. Does pie come in cans?
sy
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Lage Nom Ai
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Bahama Mama

Post by sy »

DsilCaribe wrote: i have to disagree. I was in Old San Juan (Puerto Rico) a few years ago, in an area that I normally wouldn't walk around by myself in, even myself being a guy. I'm there with some friends at night, and on the other side of the street (the dark side, not to mention) an american tourist most likely comming off of a cruise ship, no older than a freshman in college, is walking by herself. This girl is wearing some of the most revealing clothing i've ever seen, and she's probably on her way to a nightclub. The clothing is basically as revealing as J. Lo's infamous dress she wore to the Grammys that one time. A group of 3 puerto rican guys start following her for about 2 blocks, and then push her into a dark alley. I don't know what happened next, i just kept on walking and minded my own business, but i'm sure whatever happened wasn't pretty.
Wasn't there anything you could do? I don't know much about Puerto Rico, maybe that's not a place you try and help someone, but I don't know if I could just let something happen like that?
DsilCaribe wrote:this is slutty:
Not only is that slutty, but ugly as h*ll, too :x
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all..
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

sy wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:this is slutty:
Not only is that slutty, but ugly as h*ll, too :x
They don't call her J.Ho for nothing.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl »

rednekkPH wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote: A group of 3 puerto rican guys start following her for about 2 blocks, and then push her into a dark alley. I don't know what happened next, i just kept on walking and minded my own business, but i'm sure whatever happened wasn't pretty.
You gotta be f*cking kidding me...
Thank you, Frank...I thought I was going to be the only one who took issue with that statement. :-? :-?
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

buffettbride wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
NYCPORT wrote:But I don't see you blaming the town/city/state/country you did it in for your actions.
This girls family has spent the entire time blaming the Arubans (?) and the criminal justice system for something they should most likely be blaming themselves for, ie. her actions.
Correct. I don't necessarily agree with everything the parents are trying to do, but I most certainly don't think it's the girl's fault because of the way she was dressed, nor do I think it was kosher for the journalist to call her a slut because of it.

It was a tragic accident. The person's fault it is is the sick f*ck who did it to her. It could have happened anyway...who's to know...even if she hadn't gotten in the car with them that night. Blaming the girl is just wrong.
Accountability starts with our self.
If she had randomly been bludgeoned on the street, though, rather than have gotten into the car with those boys, I'm not sure the sentiments would be the same, perhaps even regardless of how she was dressed.

It's one thing also, to write those words about a girl you are so removed from, as is the journalist. I'd really like to see him live through saying that straight to her parents' face. If he's that right on and that passionate about his position, perhaps he should take it to that level. We all here know how much easier it is to just type something down...things we'd never even consider saying to someone's face in a lot of cases. He cannot possibly understand (nor can I) the complete and utter sense of loss when it comes to losing a child. He crossed a real fine line with me, and although I think some of his position is correct, attacking Natalee like that is simply disgusting.
I hear what you are saying, and maybe it is just the way the different sexes look at this.
I'm not going to call her a skank, but getting into a car late at night with 3 "new acquaintances", while drunk in a foreign country, could not viewed as a wise move.
That is, agree or disagree, asking for trouble.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

DsilCaribe wrote:
this is slutty:
Last edited by PHBeerman on August 5, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

PHBeerman wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:
this is slutty:
Blank thought there, Troy?
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

Lightning Bolt wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:
this is slutty:
Do you not see a pic?
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Lightning Bolt wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
NYCPORT wrote:But I don't see you blaming the town/city/state/country you did it in for your actions.
This girls family has spent the entire time blaming the Arubans (?) and the criminal justice system for something they should most likely be blaming themselves for, ie. her actions.
Correct. I don't necessarily agree with everything the parents are trying to do, but I most certainly don't think it's the girl's fault because of the way she was dressed, nor do I think it was kosher for the journalist to call her a slut because of it.

It was a tragic accident. The person's fault it is is the sick f*ck who did it to her. It could have happened anyway...who's to know...even if she hadn't gotten in the car with them that night. Blaming the girl is just wrong.
Accountability starts with our self.
If she had randomly been bludgeoned on the street, though, rather than have gotten into the car with those boys, I'm not sure the sentiments would be the same, perhaps even regardless of how she was dressed.

It's one thing also, to write those words about a girl you are so removed from, as is the journalist. I'd really like to see him live through saying that straight to her parents' face. If he's that right on and that passionate about his position, perhaps he should take it to that level. We all here know how much easier it is to just type something down...things we'd never even consider saying to someone's face in a lot of cases. He cannot possibly understand (nor can I) the complete and utter sense of loss when it comes to losing a child. He crossed a real fine line with me, and although I think some of his position is correct, attacking Natalee like that is simply disgusting.
I hear what you are saying, and maybe it is just the way the different sexes look at this.
I'm not going to call her a skank, but getting into a car late at night with 3 "new acquaintances", while drunk in a foreign country, could not viewed as a wise move.
That is, agree or disagree, asking for trouble.
Well, yes, it's certainly not a wise decision, but it does not make her a slut nor give the journalist any right to call her one. Nor does it make it her fault. Like I said before, how many of us actually considered death an option when we were 18? Even though she was technicall an "adult" it doesn't give her the years of experience and perspective a lot of us have. She's probably dead for heaven's sake. Give the poor girl a break.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

PHBeerman wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:
this is slutty:
Do you not see a pic?
Red X.
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

rednekkPH wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote: A group of 3 puerto rican guys start following her for about 2 blocks, and then push her into a dark alley. I don't know what happened next, i just kept on walking and minded my own business, but i'm sure whatever happened wasn't pretty.

and THAT type of attitude is one of the things wrong with the world's society now. Too many people see something going on and they could at least call the police but NOOOOOOOOOO they don't want to get involved.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

PHBeerman wrote:Do you not see a pic?
nope
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

ph4ever wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:

and THAT type of attitude is one of the things wrong with the world's society now. Too many people see something going on and they could at least call the police but NOOOOOOOOOO they don't want to get involved.
It got Jerry Seinfeld sent to prison in the final episode. :lol:
ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

rednekkPH wrote:
nope

I don't see one either :-?
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

rednekkPH wrote:
keep in mind this was about 5 years ago, i wasn't even 18, i was down there with my family and some friends. I wasn't about to go try and beat up some huge puerto rican guys who probably had knives that were at least 10 years older than me. I'm not a huge guy, i'm only 5'7 . . i would have nothing on these guys.

Could i have called for police? possibly, but according to you, police aren't much of a help compared to guns. Would i know where to find police, or even a telephone or what number to dial? no. Do i even know what street i'm on? no. Do i even know what part of the city i'm in?? not really, i just know that it doesn't look safe and i should probably be turning around. I saw these 3 huge Puerto Ricans push her into a alley. I was always taught to not get myself involved in a situation that i might later regret . . .well, i might have later regretted that. I was taught that when in dangerous cities, always stay with groups on the side of the street that is well light, and always look ahead and mind your own business if you want to stay out of trouble. I did just that.
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

ph4ever wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:

Yup - he might as well have held her down for them, as far as I'm concerned.
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

ph4ever wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
nope

I don't see one either :-?
Now?

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

DsilCaribe wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
keep in mind this was about 5 years ago, i wasn't even 18, i was down there with my family and some friends. I wasn't about to go try and beat up some huge puerto rican guys who probably had knives that were at least 10 years older than me. I'm not a huge guy, i'm only 5'7 . . i would have nothing on these guys.

Could i have called for police? possibly, but according to you, police aren't much of a help compared to guns. Would i know where to find police, or even a telephone or what number to dial? no. Do i even know what street i'm on? no. Do i even know what part of the city i'm in?? not really, i just know that it doesn't look safe and i should probably be turning around. I saw these 3 huge Puerto Ricans push her into a alley. I was always taught to not get myself involved in a situation that i might later regret . . .well, i might have later regretted that. I was taught that when in dangerous cities, always stay with groups on the side of the street that is well light, and always look ahead and mind your own business if you want to stay out of trouble. I did just that.
Hey, tell yourself whatever you need to, so you can feel better about yourself.

As for me, I feel sick.
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

DsilCaribe wrote:by the way, what is your deffinition of a slut. To me, if you are wearing what that girl in my above mentioned story was wearing, thats slutty
I appreciate how you phrased this. I see your point and I find it very valid. I guess I think being 'slutty' is about action... the way you dress does not necessarily represent what you will do. I understand that we live in a misogynist society that assumes if a girl is dressed provocatively, then she must want to be taken advantage of sexually... which we know is not necessarily the case, but does not prevent people from thinking that way & from certain people from acting upon that assumption.
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

DsilCaribe wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:

a. Puerto Rico is a US terratory
b. what if it had been your sister or mother?
c. it does not matter what a woman is wearing - she could be wearing sweats - when someone wants to rape they don't care what their victim is wearing
d. no matter what justification you throw out turning a blind eye to someone being attacked is WRONG.