Banned Members Posting Under Aliases

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

buffettbride wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:Question..... how do we really know that someone who has been banned is posting under a new name? (Unless of course they tell us...)
They're usually pretty easy to pick out. Once an a$$hole, always an a$$hole.
I used pictures with my explanation. I'm much more a visual person.
Then can we have the "Dead Horse" picture again from yesterday
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

But you see, I haven't been given a straight answer. First I was told to ask phjim, then I was told it was a privacy issue even though no names were disclosed (at least on my part). Again, this question is not meant as any sort of disrespect towards the mods or phjim although there will be those that will attempt to sidetrack the issue and make it appear that way (another tired tactic that's nothing new around these parts). And again, the reason I ask is because I took my punishment for my actions here as they were intended, which means you aren't allowed to post here during the period of time you are banned. To knowingly allow banned members of BN to post under aliases is unfair at best to those of us that adhered to the restrictions of being banned.
Last edited by Jahfin on October 21, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

Sam wrote:All that being said, I really would like to see an answer to Jahfin's question.... either in a PM or in the open forum.
A logical person would assume if a poster was banned, then it would be a bad thing to create a new username and begin posting outside of the ban. But, what we don't know is if any of the banned were perhaps unbanned and came back as a new poster (or ultimately be came ligitimately "unbanned"). That could be the type of information the mods don't care to share with us.

I guess on some level I actually do trust the mods here enough to re-ban someone here who isn't supposed to be here.

I dunno, though. That's just my best guess.

I'm still curious (but I have definitely learned the ins and outs of scrapple this week for which I am thankful for).
land_shark3
Here We Are
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by land_shark3 »

Maybe there should be a thread with banned members listed.

Oh while we're at it, we could have one for aliases.

I'll start:
Shane = Lisa G
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

buffettbride wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:Question..... how do we really know that someone who has been banned is posting under a new name? (Unless of course they tell us...)
Well, since you asked, here's an example.

This is the avatar of ffstick who was admittedly banned from BN:

This is the avatar of the BN poster On the Edge:

Same avatar. Same URL. Same posting style. Same location.

I love you
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

Jahfin wrote:But you see, I haven't been given a straight answer. First I was told to ask phjim, then I was told it was a privacy issue even though no names were disclosed (at least on my part). Again, this question is not meant as any sort of disrespect towards the mods or phjim although there will be those that will attempt to sidetrack the issue and make it appear that way (another tired tactic that's nothing new around these parts). And again, the reason I ask is because I took my punishment for my actions here as they were intended, which means you aren't only to post here during the period of time you are banned. To knowingly allow banned members of BN to post under aliases is unfair at best to those of us that adhered to the restrictions of being banned.
And that's an issue for phjim to decide...it's his ball, he can take it and go home or play with whomever he chooses. It's not an open democracy, so sometimes you'll just have to accept if someone (phjim or a moderator) decides the issue is a private one, who gets banned, etc.

In the meantime, does anyone have a picture of this horse that's been beaten to death? (It might make for a nice diversion....) On second thought, never mind. :roll: :roll: :-?
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
Moonie
User banned 30 days

Post by Moonie »

buffettbride wrote:
Sam wrote:All that being said, I really would like to see an answer to Jahfin's question.... either in a PM or in the open forum.
A logical person would assume if a poster was banned, then it would be a bad thing to create a new username and begin posting outside of the ban. But, what we don't know is if any of the banned were perhaps unbanned and came back as a new poster (or ultimately be came ligitimately "unbanned"). That could be the type of information the mods don't care to share with us.

I guess on some level I actually do trust the mods here enough to re-ban someone here who isn't supposed to be here.

I'm still curious (but I have definitely learned the ins and outs of scrapple this week for which I am thankful for).

OOoooh I know of a couple..at least..I don't care one way or the other..that's for the high-ups to worry about...

When it goes from full to crescent...I move in and out of tune...Everlasting Moon.... Image
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Cubbie Bear wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
Yet another tired BN tactic: when a very fair question is being asked and an answer is refused, accuse the person of asking it of beating a dead horse. I assure you that is not the case here, as I've tried my very best to explain.
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

rednekkPH wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
Well, since you asked, here's an example.

This is the avatar of ffstick who was admittedly banned from BN:

This is the avatar of the BN poster On the Edge:

Same avatar. Same URL. Same posting style. Same location.
Same a$$hole.
ehhh......... nope, not worth the effort.
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

It's nice to see that Jahster is back to his argumentative, paranoid, everyone is out to get him--Self.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

PHBeerman wrote:It's nice to see that Jahster is back to his argumentative, paranoid, everyone is out to get him--Self.

Gosh. I don't see it that way at all. I've wondered about the same thing he's asking about for a while now. I guess with all my mindless polling, it never occurred to me to start a thread about it.

I mean...wasn't anyone else curious? I think it takes a lot of cajones to ask.
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

buffettbride wrote:I think it takes a lot of cajones to ask.
Don't they usually come in pairs? Are you implying that Jah is some sort of many-cajonied freak of nature?
Sam
Inactive User

Post by Sam »

buffettbride wrote:

Many thanks!!! Here have a new fresh spork and a wedge of REAL cheese! and a cold adult beverage of choice! 8) :lol: :lol:

All of that is true enough and certainly a possibility, but for one thing....The Moddies don't ban anyone... that is up to Jim. The conversations between them and Jim are private and understandably so.
Roll with the punches, play all of your hunches...come what may...
Image POW-MIA, YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!
SUPPORT OPERATION JUST CAUSE!!!
http://www.ojc.org/
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

rednekkPH wrote:
buffettbride wrote:I think it takes a lot of cajones to ask.
Don't they usually come in pairs? Are you implying that Jah is some sort of many-cajonied freak of nature?
Ok. When I'm done cleaning up my desk over the word "many-cajonied" I'll let ya know.

He lubed up for Shane earlier. I guess anything is possible. Shane digs the many-cojonied look.
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

buffettbride wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:It's nice to see that Jahster is back to his argumentative, paranoid, everyone is out to get him--Self.

Gosh. I don't see it that way at all. I've wondered about the same thing he's asking about for a while now. I guess with all my mindless polling, it never occurred to me to start a thread about it.

I mean...wasn't anyone else curious? I think it takes a lot of cajones to ask.
It is ok to ask the question. However, the following 50 posts about BN tactics are what I am refering to.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Sam wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Many thanks!!! Here have a new fresh spork and a wedge of REAL cheese! and a cold adult beverage of choice! 8) :lol: :lol:

All of that is true enough and certainly a possibility, but for one thing....The Moddies don't ban anyone... that is up to Jim. The conversations between them and Jim are private and understandably so.
I prolly should have worded my theory better. You're right PHJim does the banning. Sorry for any confusion.

A round of cheese and sporks for everyone. Scrapple's in the back.
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Sam wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Add the dead horse thing next to the Mods can't ban anyone statement, I'm aware of that. I'm also not asking anyone to reveal a confidential conversation between a Moderator and Jim.
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

Jahfin wrote:
Cubbie Bear wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
Yet another tired BN tactic: when a very fair question is being asked and an answer is refused, accuse the person of asking it of beating a dead horse. I assure you that is not the case here, as I've tried my very best to explain.
Jah, I've honestly tried to help you out here; at this point I'm not sure whether you really don't get it or whether you just choose not to get it. (one last try...) Let it go!
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
Sam
Inactive User

Post by Sam »

Jahfin,
I think your question is a legitimate one and does deserve an answer and I would like to know the answer to it as well. I am not knocking you or the question in anyway...If asking a question is beating a dead horse then we would know alot BLEEPING less about life, our planet, our universe and more. Remember how many people that thought the Earth was flat and ridiculed those that thought differently or those that proved heavier than air aircraft were feasable (sp).......etc
Roll with the punches, play all of your hunches...come what may...
Image POW-MIA, YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!
SUPPORT OPERATION JUST CAUSE!!!
http://www.ojc.org/
mings
Lester Polyester
Location: actually? the Concrete Jungle. Mentally? under a palm tree

Post by mings »

What band are we talking about? CRB? They post on here? Cool. Who are they?
"Oh all the money that e'er I spent, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that I ever did, Alas it was to none but me.
And since it falls, unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call, 'Goodnight and Joy be with you all.'"
-JMH